Do you really need a big pump? September 30, 2018 02:10AM
We have a tractor running a 600 cc A pump and to get more fuel we need to go to a larger cc pump. I keep thinking about why do we need more cc's when we don't use the 600 that we have now. The pump is returning a lot of fuel to the tank. Why can't we better or should I say more efficiently use the fuel rather than send it back to the tank. With say an 800 cc pump will it just send even more fuel back to the tank ? Or do bigger plungers etc. send more fuel to the injectors. They can only handle so much. Help me clear this conception up in my old/weak mind. Thanks.

Re: Do you really need a big pump? September 30, 2018 02:19AM
Yes the bigger plungers in a 800cc pump will put more fuel to the injector but your injector is only going to still put out so much it will just make the antimization better with more fuel. Don't worry about the amount of fuel going back to the tank. More worry about the psi of fuel to the injection pump. And if you go to a bigger pump get the biggest plunger you can even though you will not use all the fuel it will be delivered quicker and more efficiently into the cylinder.

Re: Do you really need a big pump? October 03, 2018 01:28AM
you can deliver the same amount of fuel quicker thus better and later. Better atomization, faster combustion, winning a few degrees on the crankshaft angle....

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,805, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,959.

Our newest member CBeard