Stock ih oil pump October 21, 2018 02:49AM
How far can you go with a stock ih oil pump? Some say diesel supers have even run stock pumps?

Re: Stock ih oil pump October 21, 2018 06:27AM
Theres 3 different geared pumps get the one with 1.25 rotors for a dt 466 it will pump a lot of oil

Re: Stock ih oil pump October 21, 2018 09:45AM
Is there a rpm that is to high for the stock pump?

Re: Stock ih oil pump October 21, 2018 12:57PM
You wont be having that problem we turn them six plus on alcohol .Make yourself an adjustable oil pressure bypass by drilling and tapping the plug for a bolt and jam nut no need for shims tighten it to the pressure you want

Re: Stock ih oil pump October 22, 2018 02:42AM
LEWIS can you post a picture of your regulator ?

Re: Stock ih oil pump October 22, 2018 11:59AM
I cant send pictures the big plug you screw out that you would be sticking shims in to make your spring stronger for more oil pressure drill and tap the plug so you can screw it in against the spring use a bolt big enough to catch the spring or use a washer in front of the spring with a small hole to catch the bolt screw the bolt in while the engines running until you get the oil pressure you want its good to use a jam nut and a copper washer to keep it from leaking hope that helps

Re: Stock ih oil pump October 24, 2018 03:27AM
Sounds like a good idea
just dont bottom out on hi rpms

Re: Stock ih oil pump January 04, 2019 10:54AM
You know if the ag Hermonic balancer can go on with the 1.25 inch oil pump?

Re: Stock ih oil pump January 04, 2019 11:24AM
Just wondering
You know if the ag Hermonic balancer can go on with the 1.25 inch oil pump?
Yes, there is no external differences.

Re: Stock ih oil pump January 04, 2019 11:29AM
Gotcha I wasn’t sure if there was any internal differences where the balancer goes into the oil pump.

Re: Stock ih oil pump January 06, 2019 11:19AM
Not sure about stock but ATI and others you need to machine off the end .125 or they bottom out on the gear and lock up the engine. Had a little trouble there until we figured out the problem.

Re: Stock ih oil pump January 06, 2019 11:40AM
That’s what I was wondering about. I have mine on already but never ran it. The motor seems to turns over now just like it always has tho didn’t want to start it and do damage to anything

Re: Stock ih oil pump January 06, 2019 01:10PM
When I had issues you knew it before it ever started.

Re: Stock ih oil pump January 06, 2019 02:34PM
The stock wider gear will fit with no problem. Took the short one out and put the wide one in.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,723, Posts: 229,851, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,976.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro