Pulling rules October 29, 2018 10:57PM
Why is it that in tractor pulling rules are more like guidelines and only enforced for some and not others and can be flat out changed by others? I will never understand why it’s not ran like the local race tracks. Once one competitor goes they pull off in a cool down area and wait for the rest of the class then once the class is over tech crew inspects the top 5 tractors to make sure they’re rule compliant everything from weight, hitch, water, fuel, turbo, and pump the engines for cid. Would end a lot of cheating and bickering.

Re: Pulling rules October 30, 2018 09:01AM
10 minutes per tractor 5 tractors x 10 classes = over 8 hrs to tech.
Hitch height might be different after the tires are hotter than when set at scales.
No one wants to be the bad guy that disqualifies some one over a unintentional minor infraction.
Lots of reasons this is harder than it first seems.
Its not a bad Idea but some one has to pay for it, and pulling is already to expensive.

Re: Pulling rules October 30, 2018 11:45AM
How many pullers have seen cubic inches checked in 30 years ive seen it twice and bothe by protest none by the organization whos responsibility should be to make a level playing field for there members

Re: Pulling rules October 30, 2018 02:30PM
Greetings Lewis, I had to have cubes checked before I could compete with Central Ohio. They let me pull with them the first time, then after that, they had to check my tractor. That's not saying someone could swap engines during the season, however we have protest rule like most other organizations do if someone thinks someone is cheating. If one has to cheat to win, they really didn't beat anybody after all. We have a group close to here wanting to start a new class, they have cubic inch rules, however I suggested that if they are gonna have the rule then they must check tractors for compliance. If they are not gonna check them, then the rule isn't worth the paper it's written on. Unfortunately the honor system hardly ever seems to work when it comes to competition sports.
Best regards, rw

Re: Pulling rules October 30, 2018 12:22PM
I don't know about the top 5, but I'd love to see a random super tech at most events. Have someone draw numbers from a hat and check cubic inches, take fuel and water samples and send them to a lab, etc... Let pullers know that the rules will be enforced and that at any time your number could be up for a thorough inspection.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Pulling rules October 30, 2018 03:16PM
Jake Morgan
I don't know about the top 5, but I'd love to see a random super tech at most events. Have someone draw numbers from a hat and check cubic inches, take fuel and water samples and send them to a lab, etc... Let pullers know that the rules will be enforced and that at any time your number could be up for a thorough inspection.

This is a very viable option that makes since

Re: Pulling rules October 31, 2018 07:17AM
The club we are involved with does tech in spring to check cubes before the season and then seals oil pans. You do anything that requires breaking the seal then you need to get checked again before the next event you hook at. Also turbos are checked before season and randomly checked all season across every class with a turbo size rule.

For the classes with rules about fuel/water a grab bag for test is done after the class for the top 3 in the class, he whom gets the right color chip gets tested. Happens each event.

Any concerns go to your class rep, if you think someone's "Out of spec" it goes to the rep whom then takes it to the board members at that event, is dealt with while at that event, and a decision is made. Usually involving checking what's questioned while being witness by all parties and reps directly involved.

Red712

Pulling rules October 31, 2018 11:05AM
Thats the way a lot suposed to have been done but always talk and no action,It sounds like your club is on top of things

Re: Pulling rules November 01, 2018 12:10AM
Holy smokes, Lewis finally registered. LOL.

Side note, This thumbs up/thumbs down thing is annoying. Exhibit A. Explain why someone needed to "thumbs down" Lewis' post saying "Thats the way a lot suposed to have been done but always talk and no action,It sounds like your club is on top of things" ? There is nothing to complain about there? Is it just to be a annoying jerk? Congratulations, someone has the maturity of a 10 year old. I vote registered users should be able to see who thumbs up/thumbs down's a post.

Re: Pulling rules November 01, 2018 01:27AM
I agree to this statement. If the person that finishes last in the class is bending the rules is that any less of an offence then the person that finished top of the class??

Re: Pulling rules October 31, 2018 03:03PM
Red712 is close on random tech. The first puller in the class, draws a chip out of a bag after
The class is completed, “most” events. And the entire class is checked for whatever is drawn.
Cubic inch
Fuel
Water
Hitch
Turbo
Safety equip.
“Hood”- open your hood and tech can look at whatever he wants

Re: Pulling rules November 01, 2018 12:17AM
There is a simple fix. The clubs should have a master tech day. Puller bring their equipment to one shop and the tech officials go through the tractor. Pullers provide an empty bolt hole in the block, to drilled head bolts in the turbo and cylinder head. After the tech officials go through the tractor they seal the motor. If at any point that seal is broken the tractor needs to be re-teched or disqualified. The day of the pulls the tech officials look for broken seals, fuel, properly operating air shut offs and hitch height. If the puller makes changes or has catastrophic failure and rebuilds, it is his responsibility to get the teach official to HIS shop to re--seal the tractor.

Is this a lot of work, yes. But in my mind it is the only way to ensure everyone has what they say and are following the rules.

Re: Pulling rules November 01, 2018 04:44AM
You do realize that for a national caliber SSD, PS, etc., the tech official would be a full time job. How many times does a SSD or PS rebuild each season. Two years ago I went through five motors in just the minirod class. There are competitors that change rod bearings after every four passes in the alcohol classes. Sealing motors is not the answer. One of the reasons that turbos were unsealed in the NTPA SF class is because someone bootlegged the stamp and sealing disks. Our sport is not similar to any other motorsport when it comes to teching. What needs to happen is competitors have to have the courage to call out anyone suspected. Right now, very few will take that chance 'cuz they don't want to be saddled as a tattle tale or whiner or whatever. JW

Re: Pulling rules November 01, 2018 05:29AM
I completely agree about sealing motors. It's just not realistic at the National level.

I'd love it if pullers used the protest procedure more, but I really think it's important for the organizations to put some teeth into their rules and do some random enforcing on their own. Keep guys on their toes.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Pulling rules November 03, 2018 12:29AM
I’d like to see a random draw made of vehicles competing, similar to pull order strictly for inspection. 10%, 20% depending on number of entries. You don’t even have to do all classes at all events. The fact that it’s being done, people will start wondering when and where will be next.... I don’t believe any sanctioned event would have to have an entire tech team to pick through the top 5. Just draw 2 pullers for every 10 entries (or whatever), after their hook, track officials at the end of the track tell them their number is up. Pull into the inspection area for random tech. Seems similar to random drug screening....keep everyone guessing. You could go all year without being drawn or you get drawn back to back, just never know.

Re: Speaking of rules November 01, 2018 05:19AM
Will the new no atriculated motor rule cause guys like Hull or Gettinger to precommit to NTPA?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,698, Posts: 229,797, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard