Odd loss?? November 12, 2018 06:34AM
Locally the 1900 oliver pull in the "na" farm stock classes,that being said could o turbo be added to the 2 cycle at 370 cu.in and it run on alkyd in any llss classes,just thinking outloud,I'd think it would be a extremely high hp combo after some r and d

Re: Odd loss?? November 12, 2018 06:52AM
I don't think you would be able to make one work on alky as there is still fire in the hole when the piston comes down and opens up the port which could be a spectacular explosion. I would wonder about using a 8 cylinder injection pump and running twin chargers with a cooler, but you would still be 100 cubic inches short of the limit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2018 06:54AM by Puller892.

Re: Odd loss?? November 12, 2018 08:06AM
I had thoughts of a spark plug Detroit at one time. There was a club that ran naturally aspirated alcohol tractors. Up to 410 cube ran 20" hitch, over 410 was 18" 4 cylinder tractors was given a extra 1000 pounds of weight. My thought was to bore and stroke as close to 410 as possible, run a blower, the taller hitch, and have a extra 1000 lbs.

I determined the dealbreaker was going to be convincing them that my Detroit should be allowed to have a blower in their natural class, even though it's still naturally aspirated in the detroit world.

Even though it fit the rulebook, I knew that particular club was never going to let it fly, so I never pursued it.

Re: Odd loss?? November 16, 2018 09:04AM
We pull in NA class in Nebraska and they let an Oliver with a detroit pull.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,752, Posts: 229,904, Members: 3,335.
This forum: Topics: 37,090, Posts: 226,006.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM