The future of NTPA leadership November 16, 2018 08:55AM
I realize we've been down this road before but the clock keeps ticking and the years go by and I'm still not sure if there is a plan for new leadership in the NTPA. Will it be one of the current employees of NTPA or will they bring in some one from the outside. Is there a merger in sight or will the NTPA still be a stand alone organizations? If, and I say if Mid-South goes with PPL will this be a death blow for the NTPA or are they enough new Lt PS, 4.1 and Hot Farm memberships to keep the NTPA viable. Yet I'm not sure that we won't be asking this same question in another 5 years.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: The future of NTPA leadership November 16, 2018 01:18PM
All I know is Region 5 is about dead. I wish they weren't, as I enjoy a good NTPA pull, and competition is a good thing.

---

Re: The future of NTPA leadership November 17, 2018 07:03AM
I think the day is coming that NTPA is gonna go belly up or PPL buys them out and merges happen which is what we need honestly to unify the sport so that anyone can pull most anywhere and have same class and same rules and still be sanctioned

Re: The future of NTPA leadership November 18, 2018 02:02PM
Have heard and could be rumor that there is new leadership coming in 2019. I cannot say a name but I feel this person has very capable hands.

Re: The future of NTPA leadership November 19, 2018 01:39AM
As the old saying goes " Day late and a dollar short" The time for WPI to get it's act together is almost past. Whoever the person maybe, has a number of issues that need to be addressed and corrected for it to be a viable pulling organization anymore. I would not hold my breath that much changes.

Re: The future of NTPA leadership November 19, 2018 05:28AM
If it's the VP from Wisconsin, then it's not going to change! He's the self appointed savior of the light pro debaucal. They couldn't even tell you why a change was necessary.

Re: The future of NTPA leadership November 19, 2018 08:14AM
Apparently you are not in the know. Because you are thinking the wrong guy completely.

Re: The future of NTPA leadership November 19, 2018 10:32AM
Well if Mr. Austin is the possible new leader, will not have to worry about any change. Will be the same ole same ole. A David P. Jr.

Re: The future of NTPA leadership November 20, 2018 03:35AM
Don't be so sure of that. JW

Re: The future of NTPA leadership November 20, 2018 04:31AM
Then if it is not a sure thing to remain the same and you seem to have their ear. How about telling them to pick up the pace, before WPI/NTPA is just a passing memory for us all.

Re: The future of NTPA leadership November 21, 2018 02:38PM
I think now that mid south made the move to PPL our next move is to change some of the key positions in the organization not saying anyone person needs to go but from the talk of the pullers and the things I’ve seen I know there’s things we can improve on as a club.

Rick Austin November 19, 2018 10:30AM
It will be Rick Austin

This thread speaks volumes November 20, 2018 10:51PM
The fact that this thread fell so far speaks volumes about NTPA. Usually if it’s a hot topic it stays at the top. The fact that it didn’t signals to me pullers in general have written NTPA off as a has been organization. Over the past ten years they seemed to have really lost control of their product and lost some professionalism on many levels. Their leadership has no vision, or 5 year business model. Sad that what was once a great organization is no longer a leader, but just another sanctioning body.

Re: Official PPL announcement November 20, 2018 10:58PM
PPL announcement

..... and it's official.

Mr. Schreier, thank you for stepping in to bail out NTPA in the 1980s. Your efforts ensured there would continue to be an NTPA. However, like a coach or congressman who stays too long, it's time for new blood.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2018 10:59PM by The Original Michael.

Re: Official PPL announcement November 21, 2018 03:25AM
I wonder if any light bulbs are finally coming on for WPI/NTPA ?? Whoever my be the next so called head of WPI, has a monumetal task for getting things back on track for them. Just as Michael has stated, Mr. Schreier has stayed way, way, way to long. Just a few short years ago this thread would have been booming with support and looking forward to the new leadership in WPI/NTPA. WPI/NTPA need to change their comments about being the oldest and most respected on all their info. as they are just about to become second fiddle to PPL.

Re: Official PPL announcement November 21, 2018 03:44AM
NTPA already is second fiddle in my opinion, they've been stale for quite some time, if they weren't PPL wouldn't even exist at the level that they do, when a club as old as Mid-South with the loyalty that they have shown for years and years leaves them, there's a problem somewhere.Then in my opinion the way that Fuqua was treated ( not that he should of had any favoritism) but was handled wrong- that family has always been a huge supporter of NTPA an Mid-South, that within itself should tell them something- again just my opinion !!!

What leadership options does NTPA have? November 21, 2018 08:39AM
I have been thinking about who may get selected for the leadership of the NTPA. Will it be a current WPI board member,,or a NTPA board member, NTPA office staff/tech person, a current or former puller. Maybe a person with a business back ground, or a guy that owns a bunch of sleds. Maybe a former president of another pulling organization. The list is endless. I look at the NTPA kind of like General Motors, they where the hallmark of pulling, the NTPA shield meant the best. And like GM they rested on their laurels a little to long and they ignored or down played the pulling competition. Do I believe that it's hopeless, no, but the time of pretending that PPL is going to go away should be addressed with a greater sense honesty.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: What leadership options does NTPA have? November 21, 2018 11:50AM
Dick I couldn’t agree more........especially that last sentence

Re: What leadership options does NTPA have? November 21, 2018 01:08PM
We have pulled with both groups and have no complaints about NTPA or PPL. I am curious what a "Leader" of NTPA or even PPL gets paid? Is it a full time salary or more of a part time deal?

Re: What leadership options does NTPA have? November 21, 2018 02:06PM
Why is it, lately, that the threads are generally being very favorable to PPL and very critical of NTPA? Do you really believe there is nothing good about NTPA or that PPL has no problems at all?

The reality of it is that they both have problems. After all, they have people. And guess what people have - problems. And problems to be resolved.

Yes, the main 'characters' in play for each organization, sets the tone for problem resolution. And there are times, they are the problem. But, unfortunately, and too often, they do not recognize the fact they are the problem.

In both aforementioned organizations. I have heard it, and seen it with my comrades being taken to task very unduly and I have experienced it first hand with each organization, too. All because the 'character' could not properly communicate and/or they had a flea aggravating them and needed just somebody to get mad at, for no real reason. Yep, real professionalism from each organization. Yeah, hardly! Yep, real enticing to want to return to pull with them.

It will be interesting to see if Mid South problems really do get cleared up and the club becomes harmonious. But, then, perhaps, the extra cash infusion will just dilute or cover up the sins.

Re: What leadership options does NTPA have? November 21, 2018 02:58PM
The NTPA needs to hire Tom McConnell to get sponsors and sell their product to the media. He had a show on a national TV network that was not much above a county fair brush pull... How does that happen? He gets his new vintage series into Freedom Hall... Did he make money, not likely but I'd bet that he had enough sponsores to cover his cost. He gets some stuff done that no one thinks he can. Give him a national show that he could sell to sponsors and you might be surprised by what could happen. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about the top spot or selling shows to promotors, I'm talking getting money and exposer.

Call me crazy,
S'no Farmer

Re: What leadership options does NTPA have? November 21, 2018 03:26PM
Todd, i think the same thing, it was mentioned this past weekend that he gets stuff done that others only wish they could an he still catches crap " probably deserves some of it" but facts are facts, and if anybody could take the NTPA an run with it he could.

Re: What leadership options does NTPA have? November 21, 2018 03:58PM
I said Toms the man he has always had a passion for tractor pulling, By the way were did PPL get its start from

Re: What leadership options does NTPA have? November 24, 2018 01:20PM
The one name I have heard come up a few times from NTPA is Doug Roberts. He is the one that took NTPA out of events west of the Mississippi in Missouri, Iowa and other places with the Outlaw show he built. He could put them back on the map out west.

Re: What leadership options does NTPA have? November 25, 2018 02:30AM
Yes Doug or Tom would probably do ok running NTPA, but you can't run it like he ran Outlaws. And no new leader should have the check book. Leave the money with trusted money people and leave the running to those people, don't mix the two

Re: What leadership options does NTPA have? November 25, 2018 03:36AM
Just really no money in pulling for associations. They just scrape by paying help and doing pulls as cheap as possible. NTPA went broke and had to borrow money from a bunch of pullers. ATPA had money problems when Tom ran it and left a bunch of people holding the bag. Outlaws had money problems when Doug ran it and borrowed from some pullers. Probably only PPL is not going to have money problems. I think the new owner of Outlaws thought there was a lot of money to be had being part owner. Found out instead a lot of work. As far as running the association and leaving the money to someone else, that didn’t work so well for Outlaws. For two years Doug had nothing to do with the money end of it and Outlaws was growing with events and pullers and next thing you know over a million in debt.

Re: What leadership options does NTPA have? November 25, 2018 04:56AM
Name me any successful profitable business where the Owner / President / CEO / Whoever heads up the business, does not have any input or knowledge into the finances of said business?

When in the past half century has tractor / truck pulling really been profitable for the association and / or the puller?

Pulling is a sport, like all motorsports, it appears, where 'outside' $ are required to support the particular sport. 'Outside' $ can mean a person's or business disposable income and / or sponsorship $.

If car racing had no sponsors, what would they have left to market and at what price? Could they even survive to exist?

It is fortunate that Forrest Lucas is an exemption to what is common place in bringing $ to the pulling sport, let alone all the other motorsports his business sponsors. He is a prime example of 'outside' business disposable income.

Most pullers are blessed owning a good business to provide them with their own 'outside' personal / company disposable income.

A pulling association, usually with very few financial assets, is a means to facilitate making the pulling sport marketable to an audience. Does not necessarily mean that said pulling association will be (very) profitable.

Re: What leadership options does NTPA have? November 25, 2018 10:41AM
In most case,s the pulling organization is non profit

Re: What leadership options does NTPA have? November 25, 2018 11:09AM
Don’t know if you call it for profit or not but PPL was created to sell oil products, it is a advertising arm of Lucas oil

Re: Apples and Oranges November 25, 2018 11:45AM
You cant compare PPL to NTPA and Outlaws as it is owned by a Billion Dollar Company. Right now is bad time for motorsports in general just look at Nascar the 2017 Championship team closed its doors after this season. Series sponsorship is getting tougher for Nascar to come by each of the last 2-3 contracts. NTPA and Outlaws are going to continue to struggle until they can get a long term relationship with a high dollar sponser and with the attention span of the young adults these days its going to be damn near impossible. Just because you throw a Major companies name on a organization doesnt mean they are paying Major dollars to NTPA. People are not willing to go out and sit for 5-6hrs anymore and sponsers see that they dont get the bang for thier buck anymore. So they spend the money other places. Just look at pulling 30yrs ago alot of money was flowing into the sport and the sport was doing good and nobody complained about 5 hour shows and the stands were full. Until NTPA and Outlaws get the in flow of money like PPL, dont be so rough on the organization and the pullers as they are playing against a stacked deck.

Re: What leadership options does NTPA have? November 26, 2018 02:00PM
Lucas Oil dropped the Drag Boats from their 2019 lineup.
Done!
Gone !
It could happen to pulling.
Or the Off Road trucks.
Late Models.
Modifieds,
Sprint Cars,
Etc.
Forrest see's no ROI, or just ONE puller pisses him off,,,,,, GONEDA !!!!!!!!

Wake Up Guys November 27, 2018 02:58AM
Did any of you Knee jerkers realize that 3 People have been Killed in the last 5 seasons of the Drag Boat series? Plus it just wasn't making enough money to be viable, but especially considering the Danger in the Sport, its a business decision plain and Simple! The Pulling side of PPL has been a great Advertising tool for Lucas Oil, you have to understand, it is run as a For Profit Business, when it stops being profitable then you will see a change! Its a Marketing tool with a great TV base in the US. NTPA needs to follow suit! They need to make a step up from RFD! Bring in some large Sponsors, and Trickle that money down onto their Top Tier Competitors to strengthen the series! Will this happen? What needs to change?

BB

Re: What leadership options does NTPA have? November 27, 2018 03:22AM
Lucas dropped their own drag racing team that his son drove in. Nothing certain in this Motorsports world anymore. Forrest not a spring chicken either and he likes the farm side of things and when he’s gone I look for PPL to be gone not long after.

Re: What leadership options does NTPA have? November 27, 2018 06:01AM
Morgan Lucas has been very involved in the Top level decision making for PPL, and all the Motorsports branches for quiet a while now! It'll be fine as I said its all making money and giving them places to showcase their sponsors.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,748, Posts: 229,892, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,087, Posts: 225,995.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM