Hamburg PPL November 18, 2018 09:32AM
Any truth to the rumor that they are not pulling at the Erie County Fair in 2019?

Re: Hamburg PPL November 18, 2018 11:20AM
Wouldn't be surprised to see it go ntpa.....With Langford being ntpa only a few days before, now just need to get them to change that assanine date

Re: Hamburg PPL November 18, 2018 05:41PM
I doubt NTPA would take on the Erie County Fair. Langford has their dates and events are too close together on the calendar and location.

Re: Hamburg PPL November 18, 2018 10:13PM
I was told the fair board was not going to have it again this year.

Re: If that's true, then.... November 18, 2018 10:54PM
The question then becomes will PPL schedule another event over top of Bowling Green?

Re: If that's true, then.... November 18, 2018 10:58PM
If the PPL is smart, they wouldn’t schedule over BG…but that’s if the PPL is smart

Re: If that's true, then.... November 19, 2018 03:00AM
Why not schedule an event over BG? Not everyone attends BG and if the competitors of PPL would prefer to hook a PPL event as opposed to attending BG or staying home what is the issue with having a pull at the same time?

Re: If that's true, then.... November 19, 2018 03:20AM
Curious
Why not schedule an event over BG? Not everyone attends BG and if the competitors of PPL would prefer to hook a PPL event as opposed to attending BG or staying home what is the issue with having a pull at the same time?

I believe the majority of PPL pullers would rather pull at BG, but cannot if they also run for points in PPL.

I cite as proof the mods and twd guys that drive overnight to make the Saturday BG session, and several years ago Hamburg ran LSS and most of the PPL Unlimited SS guys showed up when they were able to make both hooks with no schedule conflict.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2018 03:21AM by The Original Michael.

Re: If that's true, then.... November 19, 2018 08:59AM
Not to mention its the same days as the local esp circuit pull 45 minutes away....I don't see why NTPA wouldn't be interested in taking over the fair pull..Competitors and the NTPA trailers and sleds are here for Langford...Why not hit the fair and then go to bowling green.. If Joe Eder is on the fair board, and running NTPA, I gotta believe its not out of the question yet

Re: If that's true, then.... November 19, 2018 11:05AM
Fair board voted no pull this year. ESP inquired about the possibility of a pull and was told no. Very sad.

Re: If that's true, then.... November 19, 2018 12:08PM
That is sad....I wonder how long its been since they didn't have one

Re: If that's true, then.... November 20, 2018 12:27AM
First time since 1973. Was the third longest running national pull.

Dan Mayer

www.pulling-reference.com
Dedicated to Preserving the History of Tractor & Truck Pulling

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2018 12:28AM by Dan M.

Re: If that's true, then.... November 20, 2018 01:25AM
If my early memory serves me correctly, Paul Laing & Roland Lunser were the early kingpins of the Hamburg NTPA GN pull. I think it was Lunser that was in the insurance business and provided the insurance package for numerous years to NTPA.

On my website sandwiched between 2018 & 2017 photos are a bunch of '80's pulling events that include '81 & '86 Hamburg. Sandwiched between 2016 & 2017 action is '81 BG. Enjoy the pulling memories.

Off to the orchard to prune. Early start this fall with all the hard freezes & cold weather, including snow, we have seen in November.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

www.DaveDannPhotos.com

Re: If that's true, then.... November 20, 2018 03:26AM
Dave, if you are pruning apple trees, I have two that need it done. You are welcome to come up and do it for me!! JW

Re: If that's true, then.... November 20, 2018 12:07PM
Here say is they lost 30thou langford will not change there date. Bowling Green won't change there date. The EC fair will not change the week they would have it. Pike fair has been the same time as long as I can remember.In short maybe I will go to bowling green this year not EC fair one night and pike one night change might be good time will tell.

Re: Hamburg PPL November 30, 2018 03:10AM
I have been a huge pulling fan all my life and i have primarily followed the NTPA. All tho its sad to hear no pull in hambug this year, Im excited with the direction the NTPA is taking in langford. Its going to be a huge event for years to come and hopefully it can become even bigger and more popular

Re: Hamburg PPL November 30, 2018 06:50AM
I think Langford being on a Sunday hurts the pull. Alot of Midwest guys don't like the travel on a Sunday night.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,704, Posts: 229,806, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,953.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro