help with oiling twin turbos November 26, 2018 08:20AM
How is everyone oiling their turbos on a twin turbo setup? This is on an ih 466 with the stock oil pump. Usually people run a line from the oil filter base but I am not sure what size orifice to use to reduce the oil flow. Already have a Hypermax spring behind oil pressure regulator. Just dont want to send too much oil to the turbos and risk not getting enough oil somewhere else. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Re: help with oiling twin turbos November 26, 2018 10:39AM
Typically a -6 line for feed and a -12 return is sufficient. You could tap the filter housing for a second outlet or make the one bigger and split it off to the two turbos from there

Re: help with oiling twin turbos November 27, 2018 10:03AM
Will I run into trouble with too much oil going to the turbos and not enough for rods and mains since I am at about 100 lbs of oil pressure on startup? (it drops off to about 40 at an idle when its warm)

Re: help with oiling twin turbos November 27, 2018 11:13AM
All you need is 10psi per thousand rpms.

Re: help with oiling twin turbos November 27, 2018 01:07PM
No you will not have an issue. Ran the same setup on a two turbo ih alky ss.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,724, Posts: 229,854, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,084, Posts: 225,979.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro