Sbjd brakes December 25, 2018 12:48PM
What do y'all have to change internally to use a set of Wildwood pedals thanks for the advice

Re: Sbjd brakes December 25, 2018 03:52PM
Not sure exactly what you're trying to accomplish but if manual master cylinders is what you're after there is a master cylinder John Deere used that are all manual and bolt directly in place of stock hyd assist pedal assembly. There were used on 2955 cabed tractors and you still use regular hydraulic fluid.

Re: Sbjd brakes December 26, 2018 12:49AM
To use wilwood masters and pedals with factory brakes, many people will tell you to change the O-rings on the brake shoes to run regular dot 3 brake fluid. I chose to gamble by not changing the orings and they worked better than my current external brakes. Also make sure you can get your bleeders cracked loose towards the top of your axle housings and the other ones towards the front of the housing is where you will plumb your brake lines to. You will need to remove all hydraulic fluid from that brake system and replace with dot 3 brake fluid.....the hydraulic oil will mess the seals up in the masters. Good luck

Re: Sbjd brakes December 27, 2018 12:39AM
You’d have to change to cups and o-rings in the master cylinders to something compatible with mineral oil, I looked quickly a while ago because a friend had a similar idea.

The other thought was to change the o-rings in rear on the brake pistons, but there will still be hydraulic oil on the other side, so I’m not so sure about that.

The last thought was to use silicone base DOT 5 brake fluid because it’s friendly to both types of rubber. We haven’t crossed that bridge yet, but I think DOT 5 was going to be our solution.

Re: Sbjd brakes December 27, 2018 01:45PM
Willwood doesn’t offer a master cylinder compatible with oil. Or a conversion kit to do it. They told me that last winter.
Mico builds master cylinders of many styles that are available with seals for oil.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2018 02:18PM by 3010JD.

Re: Sbjd brakes December 28, 2018 12:53AM
The John Deere 2840 master will accomplish what you are looking for, been running mine with outboard brakes and dot3 with no issues. I went with it to keep it some what factory looking

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,752, Posts: 229,904, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,090, Posts: 226,006.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM