Dyno Places December 28, 2018 11:41AM
I am looking for a place to dyno and tune a 466 cube motor with no water or intercooler and limited RPM. Do dyno places offer turbos to try? What dyno places are out there and locations?

Re: Dyno Places December 28, 2018 03:07PM
Scheid diesel has that possibility give em a call and can arrange for pump,inj,turbo etc to try.

Re: Dyno Places December 29, 2018 08:31AM
Ament dyno service in Farley IA should be fairly close to you .

Re: Dyno Places December 29, 2018 09:18AM
The last couple of times we have gone to colberg performance located in Freeport il. We have had great luck with them and are a very knowledgeable group.

Re: Dyno Places December 28, 2018 03:51PM
Where are you located? That may help a bunch.

Re: Dyno Places December 29, 2018 12:04AM
There are several places all over the country. It all comes down to location and a place that understands your setup if you need help.
We have a 6000hp dual brake land and sea dyno at Chaos Fabrication in Washington pa. 3 miles off I70 and I79.
There are a couple things to consider when looking to go dyno. First is safety. Is it a place that is setup to test where if there is a major failure, it can be contained.
Is the dyno capable of handling your motor. There are dynos that cover all levels. Most of the bigger diesel dynos can do 3000 or 6000 hp
We have went away from the truck driveshaft and went to shafts and couplers like a mod or component tractor Limitations of the u joints are a potential issue. They are rated to 3800 ft/ lb and 4500 rpm. We have exceeded both of those limitations many times.

As to the question of do dyno operators keep parts to try, some do. This all depends if it aligns with the classes they normally work on. Some also work with parts suppliers to test and try new items. Would need to check with the specific dyno operator to see availability. I can only say in our case that we normally do not do that.

Re: Dyno Places December 29, 2018 03:48AM
I live in Central Illinois but dont mine travelling

Re: Dyno Places December 29, 2018 08:17AM
[www.joebuschagrepair.com]

Re: Dyno Places December 29, 2018 01:47PM
Tim Overmyer - Overmyer Dyno Service. Monterrey, IN (10 miles NW of Rochester). Shop 574- 542- forty, for, hundred. Tim & 2 sons pull 2 strong IH Lgt PS. Work on several other Lgt PS, Lim PS, Hot Farm, Altered Farm, PS, predominantly red. Excellent reputation, knowledge & personality.

Looking forward to hoping Tim will get his new IH component "Sandhill Binder" PS build completed and out on the track. His longtime ag chassis "Sandhill Binder" was converted to the "Mudhog" Lgt PS.

Re: Dyno Places December 30, 2018 12:45PM
Salenbien Performance, hands down! Ryan is great and always looking for more horsepower!

Re: Dyno Places December 29, 2018 04:00AM
I am from NE Illinois and go down to Cynthiana Kentucky for Darnell's Dyno Service.
Mac's dyno is tough but you can bet you earned every horse and his help is invaluable!

Re: Dyno Places December 29, 2018 05:22AM
Salenbien Performance in MI. We drive up there from Mid-TN, Ryan’s the man.

Re: Dyno Places December 29, 2018 06:00AM
Ingram enterprise dyno does a great job and his dyno will get you a true number. He has a dyno that will run anything from farm stock to a light pro with no problem. 502-643-0424

Re: Dyno Places December 29, 2018 07:16AM
I think that Scott,Cox,and possibly Harts have dynos in Missouri..I'm sure that they all are buried in work so getting in could be a problem..

Re: Dyno Places December 30, 2018 02:19AM
Engleking Dyno in Rock City, IL. We used to go there when we were pulling. He is a great guy that really wants to help you out. Very knowledgeable. Don't know about parts to try, but his recommendations are spot on.

Re: Dyno Places December 30, 2018 03:49AM
Second on Engelking’s he was one of the first in the business with 20 plus years experience couldn’t ask for a better guy

Re: Dyno Places December 30, 2018 05:04PM
Darnell's dyno service in cyinthiana KY. Mac is one of the most experinced dyno operators and will go the extra mile to help ya out

Jason E.

Re: Dyno Places December 31, 2018 03:10AM
If your looking for dyno services in Illinois, I highly recommend 618 Motorsports in Nashville, Illinois. Great guys to work with.

Re: Dyno Places December 31, 2018 05:08AM
Thanks for all the suggestions. How many passes should I expect on a dyno? We have the motor tore apart for bearings and rings.

Re: Dyno Places January 01, 2019 01:19AM
Number of dyno passes kind of depends on what you are building. Have to allow enough time between runs to get the heat out of the motor and make any changes before the next pass. Obviously the more changes made, the longer it takes between runs but talk to whoever you go to before you bring them a motor. They can usually point you in the right direction about where to start with timing, fuel, pump, turbo, and such. Will help quite a bit when actually running the thing.

Re: Dyno Places January 01, 2019 04:51AM
Prmack is correct with his info. A good dyno guy will get you as close as possible before you start running. They will then set a "baseline" pass and tune/change hard parts to make gains. In my experience, it's not uncommon to make 8-12 dyno passes a day, may take more than 1 day depending on parts and how much you're willing to spend to get to the horsepower in an acceptable range.

Re: Dyno Places January 01, 2019 04:54AM
SFpuller
Prmack is correct with his info. A good dyno guy will get you as close as possible before you start running. They will then set a "baseline" pass and tune/change hard parts to make gains. In my experience, it's not uncommon to make 8-12 dyno passes a day, may take more than 1 day depending on parts and how much you're willing to spend to get to the horsepower in an acceptable range.

I'm curious to how much a day on the dyno with 8-12 passes would cost?

Re: Dyno Places January 01, 2019 11:26AM
You pay "per day" for the dyno. Generally starts around $1,000 Plus parts.

Re: Dyno Places January 01, 2019 06:06AM
Around $1000/day for the dyno

Re: Dyno Places January 01, 2019 10:32AM
Dumbest money ever spent

Re: Dyno Places January 01, 2019 11:29AM
I believe that was a dumb answer its easy to tell the classes that have a lot of pullers using the DYNO in the diesle world you can se just who spent that thousand and now the alcohol classes are starting down the same road using the dyno thats also why we keep getting all these latest and greatest parts.I know of one puller that gained 100 hp just by raising the hood up ends up the hood was to close cutting of air to the turbo so that ended up being cheap hp just like finding out how much heads need to flow for certain classes with cubic inche limits and turbos size

Re: Dyno Places January 01, 2019 12:49PM
Thats the worst answer ever. Dyno is the best money you will spend. If one person in your class gets serious about Dyno work then you won't think it's dumb anymore. Instead of spending all season getting a setup dialed in and still not know if you've truly maxed it out you hit the ground running first pull.

Re: Dyno Places January 02, 2019 12:15AM
Okay so with the dyno it is worth it you could spend a month on the dyno or a week when your on the dyno you get to change stuff and see if it worked you could pick up 100 hp or 500 hp you never know if it was me I would dyno until you run out of money or find the number you were looking for

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,657, Posts: 229,735, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,071, Posts: 225,919.

Our newest member JD_8520