how to drill and tap the bull pinion shaft on a IH for a pressure lubed diff January 04, 2019 11:42PM
Is it very hard to drill one thru the bull pinion shaft and tap the end ? Plus what is the best swivel fitting to use for doing this ? Wanting to do this on a 560 diff for a 6000 pound hot farm?

Re: how to drill and tap the bull pinion shaft on a IH for a pressure lubed diff January 05, 2019 12:16AM
I have my local machine shop do it. I use an air chuck fitting for the swivel.

Re: how to drill and tap the bull pinion shaft on a IH for a pressure lubed diff January 05, 2019 06:01AM
You could also use a hyd rotory coupling like on a combine. For the variable speed corn head drive or a variable speed rotor belt. Like on a Gleaner R series combine. (I am most familiar with gleaner that's why I said that but I am sure IH or JD has one.) They are designed to rotate at high speeds and very rarely do they leak on a combine. I have only replaced a few and only bc they where bent or someone hit them and broke it.

Re: how to drill and tap the bull pinion shaft on a IH for a pressure lubed diff January 05, 2019 01:17AM
Bmaxwell what air chuck fitting do you use? I haven’t seen one that swivels I guess.

Re: how to drill and tap the bull pinion shaft on a IH for a pressure lubed diff January 05, 2019 02:34AM
Ok thanks, I assumed they would bind.

Re: how to drill and tap the bull pinion shaft on a IH for a pressure lubed diff January 05, 2019 05:51AM
The ones I have seen use a hydraulic swivel.
Much more durable.
3/8" npt iirc

Re: how to drill and tap the bull pinion shaft on a IH for a pressure lubed diff January 09, 2019 02:13AM
Okay how about I am looking for a small pump that I could possibly drive off of a gear or shaft inside the trans

Re: how to drill and tap the bull pinion shaft on a IH for a pressure lubed diff January 09, 2019 02:26AM
There is a small pump that bolts to the inside of MCV cover. It drives off a cm gear.

Re: how to drill and tap the bull pinion shaft on a IH for a pressure lubed diff January 09, 2019 02:36AM
We use an electric pump one for like a lawn sprayer. put a suction hose in the drain of the rear end. simple and light weight.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,761, Posts: 229,922, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,094, Posts: 226,019.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM