Never Been to Gordyville January 08, 2019 03:47AM
So I’ve never been to Gordyville but plan on going this year...Anyone have any helpful tips? I haven’t bought tickets yet because I’m waiting to see what the travel weather will be like. Will they sell out? Do I need to reserve some now? How early do I need to be there to get a good seat?

Like I said any tips would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to it.

Thanks guys

Re: Never Been to Gordyville January 08, 2019 05:22AM
Friday and Saturday evening sessions are generally pretty full so in all cases the sooner you get there the better seating wise.those are also the most likely to sell out. Wear clothes in layers. Otherwise enjoy. Oh start taking an allergy medicine before hand

Re: Never Been to Gordyville January 08, 2019 06:34AM
Tickets are avail at the front door by session, and after the first session you have to leave, then wait in line outside to get back in. If you buy a pit pass at the back door, it's good for the whole day, both sessions, so when they flush everyone out between sessions, you can go into the pits. I've never heard of them actually selling out. It can get damn crowded though Sat night!

Re: Never Been to Gordyville January 08, 2019 07:53AM
If you are going to more than one session go to the back door and buy a pit pass arm band. It will give you full access all weekend.

Re: Never Been to Gordyville January 08, 2019 08:08AM
Heres your list:

You can buy tickets each session.

Get there early and claim a seat in the bleachers. You will find many have "claimed" space by taping a blanket or setting down stadium seats. There is no "reserved seats" unless your down front in a box which your not. Friday evening and Saturday evening seating will be TIGHT. Be prepared to be elbow to elbow and prepare for bleacher-butt.

Get the full pass its worth it.

Be prepared to stay late if you want to see it all, my 1st time in 2016 Saturday night session didn't finish until after 3am. (Lots of smoke tube problems and breakdowns.)

Overall, have fun its an awesome weekend!

Red712

Re: Never Been to Gordyville January 08, 2019 12:13PM
Thanks for all of the tips guys. Do they allow bleacher seats or is it hard seat, raw butt guaranteed? Does the pit pass cost extra or just make you not have to exit every session?

Re: Never Been to Gordyville January 09, 2019 12:28AM
I think front door tickets are $20 per session, daily pit passes are $50 good for the entire day, all access. The only bad part about getting a daily pit pass is you have to walk all the way to the south end of the building, seems like a quarter mile lol!

Re: Never Been to Gordyville January 09, 2019 01:02PM
Oh man. I mean. I’m all for people having fun but I wanna go and watch the pull without that stuff. But I’ll survive. Haha. Any word on bleacher seats with backs? Acceptable or just blankets?

Re: Never Been to Gordyville January 10, 2019 12:01AM
We have pulled there in the past.

Pros:

Great track

Lots of tractors

Lots of people

Great facility

Cons:

Parking sucks with truck

To long of a show. even with not problems.....1 am

Teck at 10.....no teck guys till 1

Tractor drivers drive too fast

Thus little care of tractors

Thus when they take a tractor and stuff a wheelie bar into another tractor it is "ok" by Klint

Driver tells you it you don't like it, He will take you out side and dump your tractor in the snow bank at 20 below

"IF" you had a 100,000.00 tractor and someone said that to you.....would you ever come back?

Look at the quality of tractors from 5 years ago to now.....

That is why we don't come back

And if you want to know if I talked to Tucker....yep.....and he told me that is how it is

So Gordy is a bush pull.....as with most winter pulls, you will see alot of hot farm......you want to see national classes......look elsewhere

Re: Never Been to Gordyville January 10, 2019 02:02AM
been there
We have pulled there in the past.

Pros:

Great track

Lots of tractors

Lots of people

Great facility

Cons:

Parking sucks with truck

To long of a show. even with not problems.....1 am

Teck at 10.....no teck guys till 1

Tractor drivers drive too fast

Thus when they take a tractor and stuff a wheelie bar into another tractor it is "ok" by Klint

Driver tells you it you don't like it, He will take you out side and dump your tractor in the snow bank at 20 below

"IF" you had a 100,000.00 tractor and someone said that to you.....would you ever come back?

Look at the quality of tractors from 5 years ago to now.....

That is why we don't come back

And if you want to know if I talked to Tucker....yep.....and he told me that is how it is

So Gordy is a bush pull.....as with most winter pulls, you will see alot of hot farm......you want to see national classes......look elsewhere

FYI Gordyville is a brush pull, it's intent was always to provide a stage for tractors you won't see in Louisville, not to display "national" classes. The "national" classes have predominantly used Gordyville for a test and tune for Louisville as often evidenced by lack of participation in finals classes by some of the "national" pullers.... The Prima donna mentality doesn't fit in Gordyville you see because there the hot farm is just as important as the prostock and everything in between. That's pulling my friend, Gordyville isn't for everyone so put your application in to Louisville and if you are selected to attend you won't have any worries about being surrounded by hot farms. Oh and as for your quality of tractor's post I feel you don't look around the pits at gordyville much. There are almost no low quality tractors in any class and top to bottom most have shown to have extensive effort put into their look and display of professionalism. Perhaps you meant to say the numbers have declined in some classes and you would be right. However that could be in part due to the light hot farms being given the same treatment as the "national" pullers? See the bottom line here is most competitors pull their tractors for fun. It's not hard to tell the levels that don't.

Re: Never Been to Gordyville January 10, 2019 02:07AM
to quote here:

"Tractor drivers drive too fast

"IF" you had a 100,000.00 tractor and someone said that to you.....would you ever come back?"

There is no pull anywhere that this type of behavior or mentality is acceptable. That is the point.

Re: Never Been to Gordyville January 10, 2019 02:14AM
No the point is their is a difference in attitude and ego

Re: Never Been to Gordyville January 10, 2019 04:42AM
Let me simplify since you are having trouble with the concept of what the problem was in the original statement:

"............when they take a tractor and stuff a wheelie bar into another tractor it is "ok" by Klint

Driver tells you it you don't like it, He will take you out side and dump your tractor in the snow bank at 20 below"

There is no pull anywhere that this type of behavior or mentality is acceptable. That is the point.

I don't care what level of pull we're talking or what an individuals pulling vehicle is worth, to make a statement like that is not behavior that can be condoned.

Re: Never Been to Gordyville January 10, 2019 06:03AM
I have no difficulty understanding your concept. Perhaps sometimes ones actions dictate the appropriate reactions by others? I have witnessed a similar issue at the event before and it was certainly understanding of why the driver would have offered to park one in a less than ideal location. Possibly this wasn't the same incident and the circumstances were different?

Re: Never Been to Gordyville January 10, 2019 08:44AM
They park all tractors. There is no "bad spots" there is no "good spots" This happened.....The easy way to have fixed it was to say that they screwed up....aka SORRY.... and slow down. IF they don't have enough tow tractors, get more.....someone getting hurt is worth no price.....Every other indoor pull, you do not see this.

I look at this as a eye opener....decided that I did not want to have happen what happened to Larry Stienman when they moved a tractor with out warning as he was talking to a driver and the lugs of the tire pulled him down and at the same time a kid got his foot ran over.....way more issues than that....easier to stay away and wait for something on pull off about somebody really getting hurt

Re: Never Been to Gordyville January 10, 2019 09:47AM
I have been inside a parts washer all day.....Working

Re: Never Been to Gordyville January 11, 2019 12:05AM
I've been to Gordyville several times. The pits are vary busy, but that's the same with any pit area. Some places just have more room then others. I would never discourage a first timer on going. Vary affordable tractor pull to go and watch. The quality of tractors is second to none. Last year we ordered the show on paper view. I was vary pleased with that as well. I live in Minnesota so that is a great option. All I know is if a buddy showed up at my door, and said get in we are going to Gordyville. I'd be getting in the car and going!

Re: Never Been to Gordyville January 08, 2019 10:01PM
where do you get pit passes and how much are they? first year going as well

Re: Never Been to Gordyville January 08, 2019 10:13PM
There at the back door of the pits where everyone brings their equipment in, theres a table set up by the scales an you buy them there, not sure on cost.

Re: Never Been to Gordyville January 09, 2019 01:16AM
If seats are not reserved bleachers need to be cleared in between sessions. Putting blankets down for the whole weekend in non reserve seating unacceptable and needs to be addressed

Re: Never Been to Gordyville January 09, 2019 01:35AM
I agree, if I see this, I cut their blanket loose and throw it in the floor. It's BS.

Re: Never Been to Gordyville January 09, 2019 09:34AM
If you go Friday evening, the college kids show up for the beer, get drunker than than hell. One year, there were some good CAT fights.

Re: Never Been to Gordyville January 10, 2019 08:47AM
This is for Been There. This is Joe Heard I am the pit boss at Gordyville. Notice I am posting my name here. I know who you are. Why is this easy for me to figure out. Because in the 9 years I have been taking care of the pits I had one time that this happened.(that I am aware of) Nothing happened to your tire. I apologized to you and said I was sorry that it had happened several times. The reason why you were threatened of removal was because you would not stop yelling at me and going on and on about how much money you had spent buying 2 pairs of new cut tires for your 2 tractors. So you are correct there is a reaction to every action put forth. You was rude and disrespectful to me and would not stop. My response was to threaten to remove you from the building for the actions you put forth. Then and only then you finally stopped your rant. When someone makes a mistake and comes at you with a heartfelt apology, you dont continue to call me names and run me in the ground. The sad part is until that day I had all the respect in the world for you because of your involving your children and entire family in tractor pulling the way that you do. After that deal you showed your true colors. Ye without sin cast the first stone. We all have our good days and our bad days, no one is perfect. So on that day I was not going to kiss your rear while you was busy chewing on my rear. Like the guy said above, we treat everyone with the highest level of respect. Everyone that comes to our pull wants to be there and all have poured their heart and soul into that tractor. We all understand that and try our best to treat everyone equally.

Hummin Cummins, come have a ball any question just get ahold of me and I will help you in any way possible. There is a shirt out there that says "Gordyville. The most fun I've had with my clothes on. In other words, come to have fun and fun you will have.

Re: Never Been to Gordyville January 10, 2019 09:38AM
This is JOHN PLATTE

I assume you are talking about me

Phone is 515 291 4271

IF you want to talk call me......I will tell it like it is.

I have never said a word about any of this other than my family......However you want to bash me.....I will be more than happy to talk about my experience with you and what happened. I WILL EVEN PUT MY NAME UP.....

DON'T assume

Re: Never Been to Gordyville January 10, 2019 10:27AM
I have been in the pits the last two years and will say it can be nuts at times. But give credit to the guys that do all the work back there let's see somebody else move that amount of tractors in that time frame. You have to pay attention all the times because everything is always moving. Not always happy with where the park us but where else will the put us.

Re: Never Been to Gordyville January 10, 2019 11:42AM
So Gordyville is pretty much only fun because you can bring in your own alcohol. The show is WAY too long and boring. Only thing that makes it tolerable is being way to drunk. As far as everything else, if you’re in the pits, make sure you have your affairs in order because the tow tractors do NOT care if you’re in their way. You’re just a speed bump. I get they try to make the show run fast but safety should still be the first priority. If wanting my family and friends safe and wanting people to care about my tractor makes me a prima Donna. Then I’ll wear that title with honor. Just want to say that I have been to several indoor tractor pulls and this one is one that I don’t care to go back to anymore. Been many times. I think it just gets everybody’s panties wet because it’s the *first* pull of the new year. I’d definitely save your time, energy, and money and go somewhere else.

Re: Never Been to Gordyville January 10, 2019 10:39PM
I missed last years pull but am planning to go back this year! I have been very happy with the pull from a spectators point of view. I had pit passes as well, and yes things are moving quickly during the pull in the pits, but we have not have any trouble with tractor drivers. I am impressed with how efficiently tractors were removed from the track and new tractors brought to the start line. I was also impressed with the temperature inside the pull area. It is usually very cold and windy outside but I am perfectly comfortable inside with jeans a hooded sweatshirt on. Lots of good quality iron to watch on the track and I can’t wait to go back!

Thanks to those who put the pull on from a satisfied fan!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2019 10:40PM by Stretch.

Re: Never Been to Gordyville January 10, 2019 11:59PM
The most fun ive had with my pants on !!!!!!

Gordyville is a great indoor pull ! January 11, 2019 02:35AM
I've been to Gordyville several times and I can not name many, if any pulls where the hooded pulling fan get more pulling for their dollar. And yes they move thing very fast on and off the track and that's just one of the things that makes it a must see event. If you enjoy fast paced nonstop pulling then Gordyville will not leave you disappointed. I realize one puller has decided to make all about himself, however there's is so much more going on than just pulling, I think most people do not know of all the money that has been raised over the years for many great charitable causes. The vendors row, the ample parking and, yes a pit pass is also well worth the money. If you have never made the trip to see Klint and Co. show at Gordyville then I would encourage you to make this the year.

Link to drivers list

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2019 03:42AM by Dick Morgan.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009