Roosamaster injection pump January 15, 2019 01:24PM
Looking to purchase a Roosa Master injection pump with a 45 head, are there any out there laying around on anybodys shelves that would want to sell? Looking at putting it on on IH 56 series... if not, who would you guys recommend building one? Thanks in advance.

Re: Roosamaster injection pump January 15, 2019 01:39PM
Call ED Guenther at Guenther Heritage Diesel He can make them run and live !

Re: Roosamaster injection pump January 15, 2019 01:56PM
I have one for sale built by Ed email me

Re: Roosamaster Pusher Pump?!?!? January 17, 2019 03:11PM
Trying to put together a “farm Stock” tractor.

What do you need to use to push to a 400-420 cc 450 Roosamaster?

How much flow/pressure? Have a red Holley on shelf.

Will factory fuel filter head and primary filter have enough flow for peak needs?

3000 RPM Farm Class, 3LM-466, 1456

Have .093 lines, what size injectors?

Re: Roosamaster Pusher Pump?!?!? January 17, 2019 04:20PM
Holly black 15psi and yes we use stock filters with 4x24s

Re: Roosamaster Pusher Pump?!?!? January 18, 2019 01:29AM
I’m pretty sure I have 5x25s in mine. They are dual feed. Would I see a performance increase by getting a smaller set that more match my pump flow numbers??

Re: Roosamaster Pusher Pump?!?!? January 20, 2019 02:01AM
I’m not a pump guy but I would say that’s to big. The pump won’t put out enough to fill the cavity fast enough in the injector and will retard your timing

Re: Roosamaster Pusher Pump?!?!? January 20, 2019 12:57PM
Ok, a couple questions.

How do i know what size of injectors I have? Obviously i can count the holes. If there are two on each side its a 4x? and if there are two on each side and 1 on the tip its a 5x??? I bought mine used and was told they were "dual feed" 5x25s i believe. Was used with the pump. I have used them with my 450 and they seem to work ok but my timing is not far from stock at it starts really hard. Wondering if i could pick up a little power with a set matched closer to my flow.

Can a guy put them on a test stand and tell what is what?

Two, can you get different tips or do you have to get a whole new injector for a 361/407??

Re: Roosamaster Pusher Pump?!?!? January 20, 2019 02:31PM
Just count the number of holes in the tip. If unsure test them on a pop tester and count the sprays.
Measure them with what they call a pin gauge.

Re: Roosamaster Pusher Pump?!?!? January 20, 2019 03:22PM
1, A very crude way To check sizes is use a torch cleaner as a feeler gauge to get a idea of size. You won’t know if it duel feed less you take apart and see the fuel passages. As far as holes 4-5 or 6 it is always around the very tip. None will be on the very point that was make it a junk.
2,you can just change out the tip and yes matching them to pump is important. For setting the pressure. But as far as the size and what your doing is nothing new so it’s prety well proven 4x22 4x24 or around that size with .093 lines are it for a 450 head and again Ed at Heritage diesel is the one I would talk to

Re: Roosamaster Pusher Pump?!?!? January 20, 2019 10:22AM
4x20 is all you need.... horsepower is going in the other direction with those big injectors.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,633, Posts: 229,697, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520