Light and 4.1 Limited Pro Stocks at Bowling Green? January 23, 2019 04:23PM
When do you think we will see light and 4.1 limited pro stocks at bowling green?

Re: Light and 4.1 Limited Pro Stocks at Bowling Green? January 24, 2019 01:55AM
Probably not until the IPL takes over the pull.

Re: Light and 4.1 Limited Pro Stocks at Bowling Green? January 24, 2019 12:43PM
IPL for 2020 BG!!

Re: Light and 4.1 Limited Pro Stocks at Bowling Green? January 26, 2019 03:45PM
I thought they had a light pro stock class last year.

Re: Light and 4.1 Limited Pro Stocks at Bowling Green? January 27, 2019 12:21AM
Like everyone else I would love to see either class at the show. However I'm only guessing but not really sure how Bowling Green would be able to fit another 40-50 tractors in either class into their already packed show. As it is now there are some classes with 60+ plus vehicles. Couple that with PPL no longer scheduling a pull on the same dates I would expect that almost every class will see an increase in numbers.

Re: Light and 4.1 Limited Pro Stocks at Bowling Green? January 27, 2019 12:34PM
The answer to the above question about how they would fit another big class in there is very simple. There are two ways to do it.

1. My Way: Insert Lt. Pro and Lim. Pro. And Eliminate SF, TWD, 4WD, and Light Unlimiteds. (Lt. Unl. wouldn' have to go, just what i would do)
2. Only allow vehicles collecting NTPA points in SF, TWD and 4WD to come to BG. This would allow for the necessary room for Lt. Pro and Lim. Pro.

I believe option 1 is the best but i understand its the most radical, however the overall BG pull quality would be so extremeley improved and fan satisfaction would be through the roof.
There is no bigger pulling fan than me but a hot afternoon session with both super farms and 4WD is absolutely grueling. I cant believe while sitting in the stands i would rather be doing just about anything else. If there were LT. and Lm. Pros I would be so pumped up getting ready to head in for the afternoon sessions.

Re: Light and 4.1 Limited Pro Stocks at Bowling Green? January 28, 2019 02:47AM
That is personal opinion though. I don't mind sitting through 60 TWD's or 40 FWD's. If you cut out 4 classes to add 2, you really are cutting out a lot of the shows to add two classes that you can't guarantee will have a ton of numbers. I could see 40 LT. Pros and 30 Lim. Pros which doesn't make up the 40 SFs, 40 FWDs, 60 TWDs, and 10 LT UNL. I don't even know why you would want to cut that class. Every fan loves the modified tractors. If it were up to me, I would do what Tomah did, go to one session with SF and make it regional as well as the Lt. Pros and Lim. Pros being regional as well. They all get one hook and might cut the number of SFs down by a few to make it "bearable" for those who don't like to watch 40 of them. Just my two cents and I know it might not be the perfect fix, but it would add to the show what people are asking for.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Light and 4.1 Limited Pro Stocks at Bowling Green? January 28, 2019 04:51AM
1st that is another good idea i didnt think of Brent. If the blue shirts think its so important to have every class at BG, limiting those snoozer classes to only a single hook would make the fan experience better. However if they shouldnt be there for 2 hooks why should they even be there for 1??? But back to the original problem of too many vehicles which i'snt solved with this idea.
Secondly I'm not trying to replace every hook with another hook. Im trying to make a greater pull, and more enjoyable pulltown experience. You state that lim. and lt. pros would not bring in enough to replace SF 2WD and 4WD and that is the point!!!! I would replace all 3 even if lt & lim pros only brought 30 tractors combined. Its all about making the pull BETTER and entertaining. If people use SF 2WD and 4WD to go walk around and go to the bathroom and look forward to Lt. and Lim pro classes with such anticipation i think that pretty much answers the question as for what should be done.
Im speaking on MOST peoples behalf! i realize everyone is not going to be pleased with every decision, but the best interest of the vast majority should prevail, there will always be those 3 people out there that say 2wd drive pulling is fun to watch.
Lastly I do enjoy watching Lt. Unltd. and am happy with them at BG but would trade them all for 1 more PS

Re: Light and 4.1 Limited Pro Stocks at Bowling Green? January 28, 2019 07:13AM
I'm of the mindset that GN pulls should only have GN competition. The big money stuff. I think the lite pro class has a little better chance to get some more color in the sport and I hope it is the next class to make the GN level. Limited pro is the same as SF. Mainly JD's with a few red ones sprinkled in. We've already got that in spades in the PS and SF classes, don't see why we need another one? I get it on the regional level, but don't see the need at BG.

Re: Light and 4.1 Limited Pro Stocks at Bowling Green? January 28, 2019 07:27AM
These are my opinions/ideas on what needs to happen at BG and on the GN Circuit.
I'm going to try to keep this organized and not get off topic...here goes...

BG is set this year, most likely, so leave it alone this year and observe what is needed for changes.

What I feel should happen in the future...

1. Super Farms should be replaced at the Grand National level by either Limited Pros or Light Pros. Both should be added to the BG lineup and Super Farm removed.

2. Light Unlimiteds should have 1 more year and if the class does not grow it should be removed or rules changed to promote growth and longevity.(5 years and the class has went downhill in numbers) There were only 4 points tractors last year...5 if you count Boyer's. Not many others joined at the big pulls either. Class should be removed if it doesn't show an uptick in numbers chasing points and numbers showing at the Super National pulls. I enjoy this class as much as the Mods and like watching them but the numbers are bad.

3. Open Super class will be interesting this year with the banning of Cummins V8. This class may be up in the air in the future.

I will post what I feel is a good start at changing the schedule up...

Thursday 7:00
Track 1--Light Pros(1)-Open Supers(1)-Semis(1)
Track 2--FWDs(1)-Diesel Supers(1)-Modifieds(1)

Friday 12:00
Track 1--Diesel 4x4(1)-Modifieds(2)
Track 2--Open Supers(2)-Light Pros(2)

Friday 6:30
Track 1--Limited Pros(1)-TWDs(1)-Unlimiteds(1)
Track 2--Light Supers(1)-Pros(1)-Minis(1)

Saturday 12:00
Track 1--Minis(2)-FWDs(2)
Track 2--TWDs(2)-Limited Pros(2)

Saturday 6:30
Track 1--Diesel 4x4(2)-Pros(2)-Semis(2)
Track 2--Diesel Supers(2)-Light Supers(2)-Unlimiteds(2)

It isn't perfect but I just a threw together a schedule...

Re: Light and 4.1 Limited Pro Stocks at Bowling Green? January 28, 2019 07:55AM
Parking and Numbers could also be addressed with multiple different options...Also the BG schedule could be adjusted to better fit the classes..

1. Capped class numbers in all or chosen classes with paid preregistration

2. Making certain classes GN points only

3. Better organization parking/reserved parking if wanted

4. Reserving a section in the back of the spectator parking or a close lot for haulers to move in after certain classes have pulled if those competitors don't have reserved spots or were not early enough to get a first come spot well ahead of time.

5. Adjusting start times/class orders/classes

6. Adding a Thursday afternoon session

7. Make sure opening ceremonies are done before the start time of the pull so a truck or tractor can be on the track at the posted start time

These are just ideas to throw around.

Re: Light and 4.1 Limited Pro Stocks at Bowling Green? January 29, 2019 12:47AM
id cut the semis completely too

Re: Light and 4.1 Limited Pro Stocks at Bowling Green? January 29, 2019 03:26AM
Cut the Semis??? Semis are a good class to watch...something totally different than other classes. BG had 16 semis last year and it was good competition.

Re: Light and 4.1 Limited Pro Stocks at Bowling Green? January 29, 2019 05:25AM
semis are so hit and miss,the performance of the class at that event is terrible,from not much better 1000 hp to probably 4500 hp on the high side.granted they all go down the track,but the group as a whole is terrible

Re: Light and 4.1 Limited Pro Stocks at Bowling Green? January 29, 2019 07:33AM
I don't know what you have been watching...
The session that didn't rain out last year Eilen(Jus Passin Thru) won by less than a foot over Mitch Cloudt(Rubber Duck). 1st to 10th place were just 11 feet apart.

The year before Wood(Class Act) and Prahl(Full Tilt) were in a pulloff seesion 1 and Session 4 Prahl made an awesome pass to beat Elithorpe to win the pull and the ring.

The year before that Hoffa won a session in a 3 way pulloff and Eilen won a session then Giulitto(Sneeky Pete) won the ring on Sunday for the 50th.

Really not any duds in last years show...

Re: Light and 4.1 Limited Pro Stocks at Bowling Green? January 28, 2019 02:36PM
there is nothing wrong with GN SF class showing (or even RN2). Much rather watch them than TWD, especially all those tbuckets. Now that would be a class to limit @ BG, limited strictly to only GN points earners. That would help to open up room for adding Light and Limited PS classes. That's a win-win for everyone, other than BG has to pay more purse (as if they cannot afford it).

Grubby, look around the country as to if red or green is more prevalent in Lim PS. In NTPA and PPL, I believe the red would outnumber the green.

Re: Light and 4.1 Limited Pro Stocks at Bowling Green? January 29, 2019 02:32AM
I completely agree,I'm not a fan of TWD,but I could handle 10-12,The fans at BG love smoke!I think you could limit the FWD class to GN only and the crowd wouldn't mind either

Re: Light and 4.1 Limited Pro Stocks at Bowling Green? January 29, 2019 03:10AM
I wasn't trying to find out if there's more red or green. Just stating that there are already enough classes with ONLY red and green. Pro, Lim pro and SF are all basically big cubes, limited turbo classes. I know the pros can run whatever they want, but they are all very similar. How many classes like that do we need on the GN level? The Lim pros are exactly the same as the SF.

Re: Light and 4.1 Limited Pro Stocks at Bowling Green? January 28, 2019 01:54PM
In my opinion, there is not a single class in the grand national circuit that shouldn't be there. But, I feel as though no matter if it is Pros, Lt Pros, Super farms, or trucks, after you see 20 vehicles of the same class go down the track, you start to want to see something different. What I am saying is that if their isn't enough room for Light Pros and 4.1's, run some of the high numbered and "extremely repetitive pulling style" classes only once during the weekend so that there is still room for action packed classes like Light Pros and 4.1's.

Re: Light and 4.1 Limited Pro Stocks at Bowling Green? January 29, 2019 02:49AM
Bowling Green will never leave a GN class home to pull a non GN class. It's the biggest pull in the world for a reason
Most tractors and biggest crowds for a reason, numbers. So if they ever add s non GN they will not leave any classes out.

Re: Light and 4.1 Limited Pro Stocks at Bowling Green? January 29, 2019 03:26AM
Stop Dreaming
Bowling Green will never leave a GN class home to pull a non GN class. So if they ever add s non GN they will not leave any classes out.

Ssd fwd was regional the first few years.

Re: Light and 4.1 Limited Pro Stocks at Bowling Green? January 29, 2019 03:28AM
And GN Lt Unlimited weren't in the show until a few years ago

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,748, Posts: 229,892, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,087, Posts: 225,995.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM