wilwood calipers for disc brakes January 23, 2019 11:11PM
I have a few questions about the willwood caliper disc set up. I am wanting to put disc brakes on my tractor that has the 706 rear end but try to keep the stock pedals and possibly the stock brake valve. I have already converted the factory IH brake valve to be a manual valve for the stock brake set up. I was wondering if the stock brake valve will work with the willwood calipers? will the stock valve create enough pressure to stop the machine with the willwood calipers? and since I am using hy tran for the stock valve will the hy tran oil affect or hurt the seals in the willwood calipers? has anyone successfully done this and how did it turn out? any information is appreciated. thank you very much and thank you morgans for this site.

Re: wilwood calipers for disc brakes January 24, 2019 01:09PM
For big tractor, use Mico, or Engler style caliper.
I can't answer if the stock IH brake actuators would work well with this style of caliper.

disc brake supplier January 24, 2019 02:08PM
Not sure on the master cylinder questions but if you need rotors call/text me at 605-413-87 one 9

We have the kind that slide right onto your bull pinion spline shaft, 9 bolt hat setups and also for component planetary rearends.

First started building them 20 years ago.

Re: wilwood calipers for disc brakes January 24, 2019 02:18PM
I tried this and didn’t work out. I used the stock brakes with stock pedals converted to manual for a season but tried to go with disc brakes and stock manual pedals. Can’t remember what didn’t work but something wouldn’t jive and switched to Willwood masters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2019 02:19PM by Zachp.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,723, Posts: 229,851, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,976.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro