Schedule Conflict February 03, 2019 01:12PM
Well there might be a few less IL Based 10 Pro Tractors in Badger Due to a Double Hooks on one date in July so they have no compromise from either event and maybe looking for a Different Home to pull ....

Re: Schedule Conflict February 03, 2019 11:27PM
My guess is this has to do with Chapel Hill, right?

Re: Schedule Conflict February 04, 2019 12:14AM
My guess is there talking about Badger State and the overlap in Freeport, IL and Barrabo, Wis on July 12. I think that Freeport is a champions tour hook which is not a points hook for the Badger State guys.

Re: Schedule Conflict February 04, 2019 07:24AM
Correct Mr Runkle

Re: Schedule Conflict February 04, 2019 12:17PM
So the issue is a Badger state pro puller from Illinois is looking for a different organization to pull with because of 1 overlapping date in which badger state is offering a points hook the same night there is another non points hook elsewhere?

Re: Schedule Conflict February 05, 2019 03:58AM
Well its about Baraboo on Top of Freeport and BSTP and PPL will not budge to make any changes and the IL Guys are closer to freeport all within half hour time to drive and the BSTP Pro Stock Class Rep was not clued in to it and as it stands Freeports Fair Board is the only one who can really make the change to get PPL to move a night since BSTP Leaders dont want to budge on their event since that just happens to be their home county event... and its a hard hit to the IL red Pros who carried a lot when others did not in BSTP

Re: Schedule Conflict February 05, 2019 04:51AM
And the PPL hook in Henry is the same day as the bstp hook in Darlington. Has been for years. If that's not a problem, then why is Baraboo/Freeport?

Re: Schedule Conflict February 05, 2019 05:13AM
I was in the room at the Fair convention when the Sauk Fair board came in to talk with Badger State to book classes. Greg Elsing called Gary Brinkmeier that day and talked to him and said hey "Baraboo and Freeport are on the same nights this summer." Gary said that they like to pull in Freeport, IL because it is close to home. Greg then called Randy Barreau and Randy would like to have the Pro Stocks in Baraboo because it is close to home. Then Greg called Kristi with PPL and she said they can't move the date because that is the week Freeport is having their fair because of their midway. Sauk can't move their date because of the carnival company also.

Badger State handles everything by talking on the phone and meeting, not starting a rumor on here. All pullers know who their class reps are and they need to call them if something is bothering them. In case they don't have their contact info I pasted it below from the website at www.bstponline.com

Pro Stock Tractor Class Reps
Greg Elsing – kellieelsing@gmail.com – 608-444-7956
Randy Barreau – 608-434-1374

I know that day Greg, Gary and Randy said they would work it out.

They are only so many weekends in the summer and unfortunately more goes on at the fair than just the tractor pull. The carnival companies make the fairs more money than the tractor pulls, putting these schedules together for associations and trying to keep everyone happy is very difficult.

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2019 07:35AM by Jason Schultz.

Re: Schedule Conflict February 05, 2019 11:38AM
A person who's never been on a fairboard doesn't realize just how few good carnivals there are around and how much a fair is dependent on them. The first thing that has to be done when scheduling a fair is calling the carnival and seeing if the date will work for them. And don't get on their bad side because the rest of the carnival owners will know about it almost immediately.

Re: Schedule Conflict February 05, 2019 02:54PM
Usually fairs are more than one day events.
Sometimes they have the flexibility to shuffle the dates of each attraction during the duration of their fair.
Or sometimes they are stuck with, this is the night we always have the tractor pull, and we ain't a gonna change it.
If there is a conflict, the puller picks between points, and prestige .

Re: Schedule Conflict February 06, 2019 02:20PM
The pull use to be Friday night in sauk county but due to bstp conflicts it was moved to Saturday night of the fair. And yes fairs are usually more than one day events but sauk county use to have a big country concert that can't just be moved. Not sure if they are this year. I use to be on the fair board.

Re: Schedule Conflict February 07, 2019 03:23AM
I stand corrected. Randy Barreau just called me and he doesn't care if the Pro Stocks are in Baraboo at the fair pull because they have Pro Stocks at the fall pull in Baraboo. Randy is fine with Freeport.

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Re: Schedule Conflict March 01, 2019 08:22AM
I will clear the air on the Stephenson County/Freeport issue. I am a fairboard member, entertainment chair, and have been on the pull comittee for a number of years.

The past 2 years the Steph Co Fair moved to earlier in July and even June to accomodate a carnival. We are now back in July when our fair is supposed to be and will stay in July in the future. July is a weird month in some years there are 4 weeks and some 5 which shuffles county fairs and events over top of each other and we all try to do what is best for everyone involved. Scheduling classes comes down to what classes are available from the promoting organizations for the day and time of your event. In order to please as many fans and pullers as possible we have decided to add a Badger State Pro Stock Class along with the PPL classes we have on Thursday, July 11. That allows them to pull for points at both Freeport and Baraboo. Friday night we will still have a PPL Pro Stock class. Hopefully this shuffle and compromise will satisfy pulling fans and the pullers alike.

When making our decisions we have to look at what is available all week for our fair. The pull committee also looks at area pulls and fairs as we want everyone to have a successful fair and pull, not just our pull. There are a lot of moving pieces putting together fairs and events and we know we can't please everyone but we do what we can to please as many as possible.

Schedule and contracts have been finalized this week. Our full schedule will be shared soon here and on the Midewest Summer Nationals facebook page.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,748, Posts: 229,892, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,087, Posts: 225,995.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM