Anyone Else Becoming A Fan of the SS Diesel Trucks? July 28, 2009 07:08AM
I have to admit that only after viewing a small class of invitational super stock diesel trucks on two separate occasions, that I am really becoming a fan of them. I have seen them twice now at Henry and have been very impressed. I have to admit, I am not a fan of the 2WD or other 4WD classes around pulling as I am just more of a tractor guy. That is not to say I do not appreciate the travel, effort, money, and talent the trucks give out to help put on a good show, because I do. I also understand it takes all classes to make things work for a single event. With that being said, I have really been impressed the two times I have seen this class.

There was a gentleman, who became everyone's friend (whether they wanted him to be or not) as the night progressed at Henry, that started talking about the trucks. I have never heard of this before, but could be perfectly wrong as I simply have not been exposed to it or educated about it. He mentioned those diesel trucks don't have water in the block, rather fill the blocks full of concrete to keep them from exploding like diesel tractors seem to do. Rather they just split into bigger chunks. Found that bit of info very interesting, but don't know if it is accurate due to his overaboundance of knowledge thanks to the coolaid being served in sippie cups in the beer tent.

Maybe I have just been hypnotized by the black smoke and sound of multiple turbos. Who knows....I am curious about others' opinion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2009 07:09AM by mmztu.

Re: Anyone Else Becoming A Fan of the SS Diesel Trucks? July 28, 2009 03:47PM
I like the diesels also.They put on a good show.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,666, Posts: 229,748, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,074, Posts: 225,926.

Our newest member JD_8520