New Holland Pro February 14, 2019 12:48PM
Just saw a picture of Greg Elsing’s New Holland Prostock and it looks great, but I’m curious what he is using for power? Is the 456 capable or did he go another route? (I assume he did) thanks

Re: New Holland Pro February 14, 2019 01:21PM
He has had an International forever, I would be shocked if it was anything other than a DT 466.

Re: New Holland Pro February 14, 2019 01:45PM
Pic

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Re: New Holland Pro February 14, 2019 06:05PM
Its an IH power plant with NH sheetmetal.

Re: New Holland Pro February 14, 2019 11:34PM
Absolutely beautiful tractor, but thats just wrong, i know it's legal an all that but just wrong, VERY DUMB RULE !!!!! If in fact its got an IH powerplant !!! Im not disputing whether it does or not-- but that is a rule that is just wrong " my opinion " -- but it is a very nice peice !!!

Re: New Holland Pro February 14, 2019 11:55PM
What else would he run? Only other options are 8.3 Cummins or a bbjd case newholland is a company anyways so it makes the most since no ford engine can get close to what theses guys are doing

Re: New Holland Pro February 14, 2019 11:57PM
Why didn't it hook?

Re: New Holland Pro February 15, 2019 02:41AM
I didn’t like the rule at first either, but I have gotten over it there are now several tractors with mismatched sheet metal and engines they put on a good show regardless, but I do feel like I need to know if they don’t match for some reason.

Re: New Holland Pro February 15, 2019 03:32AM
Cross dressing bothered me for a good while also. However, I had to come to the conclusion that there is virtually NOTHING John Deere, IH, Ford, AC, etc. on ANY of them. ONLY a dumb cast iron chunk we call a block is STOCK. So what am I doing? Building a cross dresser. HA. Hope everyone can enjoy tractor pulling regardless of what is under the hood.

Re: New Holland Pro February 15, 2019 04:51AM
D&R IH Engine and its An old Slowride Chassis from Blackbourn so it should run good once the bugs are out

Re: New Holland Pro February 15, 2019 05:15AM
Here is question if you are a red guy as he obviously is. Ran a red one for all those years and now running red block. Why put the stupid new Holland hood on it. It is not like there are many red pros being built. If you want to still with an odd ball brand run the 8.3 block. Same with couch ran a red pro for years running a red motor now but feel the need to slap john deere hood on it. I just don't get it just put red hood on it and be done

Re: New Holland Pro February 15, 2019 05:30AM
Man it's a free country it adds some color to the class that otherwise wouldn't be there who cares whats under the hood it's better than 90% green 10% red that the class always is. I don't love the rule either but it is what it is and it's not going anywhere don't understand why people gotta get their panties in such a wad over it worry about something that matters in pulling.

Re: New Holland Pro February 15, 2019 05:44AM
Who really wants to see another red or green one? At least it is not another square box '66'.

NH is part of the Case/IH family. So, so what it has a red motor. It is still in the same family.

Kudos to Team Elsing for providing a different brand sheetmetal in the class and it appears (from the picture) like it is technically and immaculately constructed. Thanks for coloring the PS class.

Re: New Holland Pro February 15, 2019 06:11AM
If you want to see matching hoods with blocks then the engine size should not be 680. 680 never should've been the rule whats wrong with 540? Until they lower the cubic inch limit, its going to be a green and red powerd class with a couple of perkins v8's

Re: New Holland Pro February 15, 2019 07:42AM
IH 5488
Same with couch ran a red pro for years running a red motor now but feel the need to slap john deere hood on it. I just don't get it just put red hood on it and be done

Couch bought a complete Deere Prostock,.....after many engine and block failures he chose a reman Dand R block instead of going the Deere big block route.

The stock big block Deeres are now starting to show their weakness with the advancement of larger turbine wheels and fuel pumps,...they are the next ticking time bombs in the prostock class.

Re: New Holland Pro February 15, 2019 08:11AM
I have known Greg for 20 years. His farm has bought about 10 new New Hollands in the last 15 or so years, the only binders left on the farm are a 1086 and an 806 (I think). They are almost completely switched on the farm. it makes sense that his pulling tractor is blue as well. I wish him the best of luck and can't wait to see the new tractor in person.

Re: New Holland Pro February 16, 2019 06:43PM
The boys run a bunch of blue tractors on their farm and a couple of New Holland choppers, and surely sponsered by a good size New Holland dealership....

Re: New Holland Pro February 15, 2019 05:59AM
Agree with "reasons" and "kudos." "IH 5488" just because you think it is a "stupid New Holland hood" a lot of people get tired of the all red and green show. What I don't understand is why do people tell other people what to build and how to build it. IT IS a free country. It's fun to have something different. If you want to build a 1066 sheet metal hood with DT 466 block then by all means do it. Just know it will blend in with many of them just like it in many different classes. I do like them as I once had one in that class. To each their own.

Re: New Holland Pro February 15, 2019 06:39AM
wood someone please tell me what two build,as I want to be political korrect and suit everyone sept misevl.there are wannabees all over,many that can only smart mouth and never doooo anything important,cept *itch about others.CUZ THEY MUST FEEL ENTITALED.

Re: New Holland Pro February 15, 2019 03:04PM
When NTPA finally initiated cubic inch rules on all existing classes, many, many and more many moons ago, the largest PS motor built at the time was 680.
There is a 540 cube PS class. Called Light PS.

"xxx" - Had to give your post some extra thought. Originally, I thought, build a Belarus as we do not have any of them on the pulling circuits that I know of. But then I thought, no, that won't work. Next thing we know, the U.S. mass mainline media will have you as part of the Mueller investigation. Ugghh, no good! Since it seems everyone likes Craftsman tools, then you should be "political korrect" with building a Craftsman tractor. But it will limit you to only garden tractor pulling. Good luck building it and your fan base, too.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009