Rear end March 12, 2019 03:35AM
What do most people choose and what are the pros and cons for a read end .Open,posi or a spool.Going to be using a 9" ford

Re: Rear end March 12, 2019 05:33AM
What class?

Re: Rear end March 12, 2019 11:28PM
We are planning on running in a mini mod class in Canada.Big tire,406 sbc with a power glide.
We have an Advanced Chassis chrome moly tube chassis with a curried housing with a nodular case.
Also not to sure how to choose the right gear ratio.

Re: Rear end March 13, 2019 03:16AM
Depending on your motor's power level and condition of the tracks you can be expecting to change the ring and pinion every 12 hooks or so. The powerglide and 9" severely limits what tire speed you can run. It's been a long time, but I would guess the final drive in the 14+ range. Use the thickest root tooth you can for the ring and the pinion--probably in the 5-something (not familiar with the 9" ratios). For a Dana, the 5.13 is the strongest. Of course, now that someone has answered, you will get dozens of different "first hand" experiences. JW

Re: Rear end March 13, 2019 11:09AM
You may want to put a Dana 70 rear end in the chassis. The 9" ford will break sooner than later, especial if your running 18.4x16 tires. Been there and done that. Call Todd @ TRB machine.Zeeland, MI Phone: (616) 875-7673, he will put you in the right direction. P.S. The 9" may hold up if your running the 15.50x15 small tires.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2019 01:48PM by PULLMX.

Re: Rear end March 14, 2019 12:15AM
What about spool,or posi or do you have to run an open rear end.

Re: Rear end March 14, 2019 12:51AM
I would run an open rear end and individual brakes on each rear axle so you can steer it going down the track. The only other way to steer it would being able to lean from side to side. In that case you could run any of the three you mentioned. I prefer the open differential and brakes on each axle. I guess you can try it with a spool and just lean. If it doesn't work out , you will have to change it! Like i mentioned in my other post, call Todd @ TRB. He knows a great deal a Mini's. Good Luck

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,665, Posts: 229,745, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,073, Posts: 225,923.

Our newest member JD_8520