More fuel from SIMs pumps. March 14, 2019 02:06PM
Does anyone have a suggestion on who can build a Sims pump that will keep up to A-pumps? In a hot farm brush pull circuit that limits me from putting a Bosch on, even tho I'm running against twisted up Deeres with big fuel going for them. I'm looking for a Sims that will get in the 1000-1200cc range any suggestions?

Re: More fuel from SIMs pumps. March 14, 2019 09:13PM
I keep hearing "Wimers" name come up when ever Sims pumps are mentioned?

Re: More fuel from SIMs pumps. March 14, 2019 11:36PM
Contact john Jones at Odon Machine. They run a pump shop there and John makes custom barrels and plungers for factory Simms pumps up to 12 MM. He also grinds his own pump cams for high lift. Odon Machine also offers in house custom nozzles and "hybrid" turbo building. The shop number is (812) six 3 six-7781.

Re: More fuel from SIMs pumps. March 16, 2019 08:04AM
Talk to Steve Struder at Best Truck Inc. in North Prairie,Wi. 414-392-2220 if he is in a good mood he might tell you.

Re: More fuel from SIMs pumps. March 16, 2019 11:24AM
1000CC Simms? lmfao!

Re: More fuel from SIMs pumps. March 17, 2019 02:53AM
I'm with Ed, uuummmmmm don't think that will happen, that's a lot of fuel ! And Simms ??????

Re: More fuel from SIMs pumps. March 17, 2019 08:24AM
even more funny is someone thinking they need 1000cc for a farm stock /brush pull class? It seems the Wimer 12mm are capable of north of 600, which is a lot of fuel.

Re: More fuel from SIMs pumps. March 18, 2019 07:33AM
My 12mm Wimers has a fuel range from 440cc to 870cc.

Re: More fuel from SIMs pumps. May 06, 2019 01:19PM
what for lift pump ,are being used, and how much pressure, have 12mm sims with surflo electric,maybe not keeping up. thanks

Re: More fuel from SIMs pumps. May 07, 2019 03:49AM
9700, be careful. This has been years ago, but while rebuilding pulling pumps with John Jones at Odon Machine, we discovered Simms pumps won't take the "pressure" that Bosch inline pumps will. We normally tried to keep supply (lift) pump pressure between 16 and 20 PSI on Simms pumps. Anything above that and the RPM's seemed to hang on, or at the least decrease slowly even after returning the throttle to idle. We thought it was problems with the governor, but finally figured out that the excess pressure was causing the plungers to stay towards the full fuel position. We believe this was due to the low helix angle of the Simms plungers. We opted to go to flow, as compared to pressure. We used electric pumps back then that flowed in the 220 to 280 GPH range and dual fed the pump, using spring loaded returns to help control pressure. On one of the last Simms equipped pulling tractors that I worked on (1998-99), we mounted a drive off of the front of the cam and used an Enderle 80A-1 (7.1 GPM @ Enderle's rated pressure) that we regulated to around 16 PSI. As far as we could tell, it never lost fuel delivery and never stuck a plunger.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,687, Posts: 229,790, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,953.

Our newest member Jason