Pistons and such March 21, 2019 12:59PM
How much performance gains can be made with custom pistons over stock or I should ask what are the pros and cons if any to custom pistons vs stock? I only ask because I’m not increasing bore size. The plan was to cut valve reliefs and coat stock pistons but after talking to some local pullers not sure if that’s the way I should go about things so thought I would post on here and see what the general consensus was. Not sure if it matters or not building an ac hot farm. Also what is or who would be most cost effective way to get half gears in a d21 chassis?

Re: Pistons and such March 21, 2019 09:29PM
You can have a much better bowl design with billet pistons and ring location

Re: Pistons and such March 22, 2019 01:14AM
more durable

Re: Pistons and such March 22, 2019 01:41AM
mark Gettinger is the man to talk to about trannys and anything else Allis +1 (765) 977-8348

Re: Pistons and such March 23, 2019 03:16PM
Many gains to be had. More durable, thinner rings, lighter, better design just to name a few.

Re: Pistons and such March 26, 2019 03:17AM
Thanks for in put I appreciate it. When spending as much money as it takes to pull I want to build right from the start.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,649, Posts: 229,718, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,068, Posts: 225,907.

Our newest member JD_8520