NTPA modified rule question March 30, 2019 12:11AM
New rule for GN mod class. This was with rules posted a few months back but I have a question ( I assume this is the 7500 mod class and not unlimited):

"Turbine horsepower limits raised to a maximum of 7500 total horsepower for a one year period and will be reviewed at the end of the 2019 season."

How does this practically change anything for current vehicles? Aren't the 55s and 64s 3000 hp? For example, Barga and Simons still can't run with all 3 of theirs, correct? What turbines does LD Nation run? Would this allow him to run the mod class?

If there was a rule change, it seems there would be a reason or vehicle that would be impacted.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2019 12:13AM by The Original Michael.

Re: NTPA modified rule question March 30, 2019 01:51AM
Turbines have different horsepower levels. To the average fan a T-64 is a T-64, but depending on which L version is employed, there is hundreds of horsepower difference. Can I tell the difference--not unless someone like Richwine, Deane, or Barga points it out. I don't have my book in front of me to see the different levels. The rule was modified to allow those mentioned to be more competitive. JW

Re: NTPA modified rule question March 31, 2019 02:52AM
Let them run wide open like the European classes and quit favoring the V-8's.

Re: NTPA modified rule question March 31, 2019 03:49AM
They are limited here, too.
These are the current engine limits here:
[www.tractorpulling.com]

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: NTPA modified rule question March 31, 2019 06:18AM
Grubby
Let them run wide open like the European classes and quit favoring the V-8's.
It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.

Re: NTPA modified rule question March 31, 2019 02:06PM
I asked before and thought he said there weren't any limits in the European circuit. My misunderstanding.

Re: NTPA modified rule question March 31, 2019 11:58PM
The mini rods have no limit on them. Mabye that's where the misunderstanding came from.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: NTPA modified rule question March 31, 2019 05:09AM
I would like to see the Allison restrictions removed...…...

Re: NTPA modified rule question March 31, 2019 06:22AM
The restrictions on the Allisons have been loosened up for this summer in RN.

S'no Farmer

Re: NTPA modified rule question April 01, 2019 03:32AM
Why would they restrict Allison’s anyway aren’t they kinda behind the 8 ball right off the rip

Re: NTPA modified rule question April 01, 2019 08:52AM
GOOD question!

When let loose they still play the game pretty well.....

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,959, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,042.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009