Projected # of vehicles at Bowling Green August 01, 2009 02:14AM
I know a lot of doom-and-gloomers are predicting BG will be a ghost town, but let's get real.

Here are my projected #s-
Unlimiteds- 13 (with a possibility of 3-4 more on Sunday)
Mods- 11
Open Supers- 18
Diesel Supers- 26
Pro Stocks- around 40
Super Farms- 50-60
TWD- 40-45
FWD- 30-35
Mini- 25-30
Semi- 15 (with possibility of 3-4 more on Sunday)
LSS- 25-30

Mods and unlimiteds will be down somewhat, but there will be enough to make a good show.
And, yes, my TWD #s should be in the ballpark. Remember one word: T-buckets.
I can name names if asked.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2009 02:17AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Projected # of vehicles at Bowling Green August 01, 2009 04:47AM
I agree with most except the mods. Mods I would say 15-17. Usually a few OSTPA guys come out and run with the mods.

Re: Projected # of vehicles at Bowling Green August 01, 2009 06:00AM
You are probably in the ballpark on your numbers. Mods and open supers have been down with NTPA this year, as PPL has awesome mod and open super classes, but some will come to BG just because it's BG. Also, I predict that Wisner, Nebraska will have a good turnout at their big Outlaw pull too. Last year was by far their biggest year ever and there seems to be plenty of tractors to go around between BG and Wisner.

Re: Projected # of vehicles at Bowling Green August 02, 2009 12:26AM
I agree with your comment on plenty of tractors to go around between Wisner and BG. We're only talking about a couple tractors in the mod, SF, ULSS, and DSS classes that would consider going to BG. Wisner's show could be hurt if all of those guys chose to drive east in the same year. But I doubt that that would happen.

Re: Projected # of vehicles at Bowling Green August 01, 2009 07:48AM
i think this would be a golden opportunity for region and state pullers to step up and compete for a win at bg.might see a lot of different iron there,now that the top dogs in a few of the classes will not be there.how many remember when goodrich showed up with super john and got to wins,when ntpa scheduled bloomsburgh on top of bg.

Re: Projected # of vehicles at Bowling Green August 01, 2009 01:38PM
You mean Pocono.

Re: Projected # of vehicles at Bowling Green August 02, 2009 08:02PM
did you forget that the ppl has Hamburg, NY that same weekend. I am hoping to see the new Big Temptation tractor at wisner

Re: Projected # of vehicles at Bowling Green August 03, 2009 01:29AM
on thier website they are scheduled to be in hamburg,ny

Re: Projected # of vehicles at Bowling Green August 03, 2009 08:52PM
if you read a little more wisner is on there too

Re: Projected # of vehicles at Bowling Green August 12, 2009 12:46AM
Yes a bunch of BIG names won't be there but this a good chance for some smaller names to shine. The class most affected will be the mods. There are plenty of 2wds, 4wds, and enough ulss to have a good class.

Re: Projected # of vehicles at Bowling Green August 12, 2009 02:59AM
BG is pawned off as the "best pull in the world" at its not anymore. It's just the biggest, but not the best. If I'm paying $250 to go to a 3 day pull, the best better be there, and in nearly every class outside of UNL, SSD, and Mini's, the best will not be there.

I can go to pulls every week and see low-end pullers shine, it just shows how bad things are getting for the NTPA when people are exciting about seeing the mid level pullers "shine".

I just hope the PPL turns Hamburg into a 3-day, 5 session show with all classes, and bring back a real super pull.

Re: Projected # of vehicles at Bowling Green August 12, 2009 09:26AM
So Buckeye, who is better than Holmans in FWD, Petro in TWD, and maybe even Cain in Pros. Seems like you missed a few.

When you have two organizations competing, we fans always get the short end of the stick.

Re: Projected # of vehicles at Bowling Green August 12, 2009 01:30PM
i agree groundpounder

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,785, Posts: 229,971, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,049.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009