Van Trailer D-ring mounting for tractor tie down July 01, 2019 05:40AM
Does everyone just bolt them to the floor with a plate on both sides of the floor or do you use on of the metal beams. I think the floor would be strong enough. Thanks

Re: Van Trailer D-ring mounting for tractor tie down July 01, 2019 11:38AM
Plates on both sides of the floor. Holding down an 11000 lb. tractor with 6 d-rings set up that way, never had any issues.

Re: Van Trailer D-ring mounting for tractor tie down July 01, 2019 12:43PM
Thank You!

Re: Van Trailer D-ring mounting for tractor tie down July 02, 2019 01:50AM
I think I would still through the c channel supports....

Re: Van Trailer D-ring mounting for tractor tie down July 02, 2019 01:56AM
I have my d rings welded to 1/2X4 flat bar bolted with two grade 8 bolts through the floor with foundation washers on the bottom side. No issues.

Re: Van Trailer D-ring mounting for tractor tie down July 02, 2019 02:08AM
Bolted down to floor boards is like a Jeep Cherokee or 1/2 ton pickup pulling a big camper or trailer. Yes they can pull it however in the e ent they have to stop real fast, there is where the problem lies. They wind up in a heaping pile of junk after the wreck. Just like the tractor bolted down to a 1-1/2" board, if you get involved in a head on wreck you are gonna get plowed from behind with your own tractor because the impact busted the boards like toothpicks. Why not just secure the load with binders and chains connected to the stake pockets or properly sized welded d rings welded to the frame of the trailer?

Re: Van Trailer D-ring mounting for tractor tie down July 02, 2019 03:40AM
These are not 1.5" 2x4s the floor is made of. The floors in these trailers are the strongest part of the trailer. The crossmembers are just 12 ga. steel that connects the sides of the trailer (which is like the main frame) to the floor. The strongest way to anchor is one continuous plate running lengthwise in center of the trailer. Weld D-Rings to that plate and bolt down to the floor using fasteners ever other crossmember.

Re: Van Trailer D-ring mounting for tractor tie down July 02, 2019 04:02AM
throw a block of wood behind the tire and shut the door !!!!!!!!!!

Re: Van Trailer D-ring mounting for tractor tie down July 02, 2019 10:27AM
you'd all be surprised as to how not to anchor things if you care to look at car haulers,one wheel wrap is seemingly approved by DOT,most are hauled that way and inside the canvas slider trailers many pallets are not chained or strapped down.most pulls I attend have trailers coming and going with binders and chains so loose you can see the movement from 100 ft away,some use little two inch straps,come on guys and girls,safety helps us all enjoy another day of pulling.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009