Henry - 7/13/19 July 08, 2019 04:04PM
I have a young'en that would like to know why the unlimited super stock tractors are not scheduled to be at Henry on Saturday. I see they are in Freeport the night before then not scheduled for 2 weeks later. Just want to inform my little guy, Thank you for anyone who has the info.

Re: Henry - 7/13/19 July 09, 2019 03:03AM
Freeport is running them both Thursday and Friday night. If they were to hook in Henry that would make it 3 straight pulls for them to pull. I'm guessing that would be the reason why they don't have them there this year as the PPL may have told them they don't want them to run 3 straight nights.. Or they just wanted to cut back on the show to reduce the cost, or the length of an already lengthy show.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Henry - 7/13/19 July 09, 2019 04:18AM
And there are more LSS than Open SS and the show is much better. Most of the big Supers hardly even run. The Chizek tractors in the Open SS win by 40 feet.

Re: Henry - 7/13/19 July 09, 2019 05:10AM
It was two feet at the first hook.

Re: Henry - 7/13/19 July 09, 2019 06:17AM
Didn't Henry used to kinda be billed as the championship pull for the Unlimited Super Stock class?

Re: Henry - 7/13/19 July 09, 2019 06:23AM
Brent, thank you very much for the information, it makes perfect sense to me.

Re: Henry - 7/13/19 July 09, 2019 05:37AM
A lot of the local county fairs in the counties next to Henry have been saying that Henry has taken all the Money to pump into the pull event over the years and its starting to catch up with them some. I would say if you have been going to Henry for as long as i have you could notice the other things that have disappeared there and the pull is goin to kill that fair at some point when theres no other depts left to take the $$$ from its just a matter of time.

Re: Henry - 7/13/19 July 09, 2019 06:25AM
AJ, Thank you for the insight. I am from 90 minutes south of there so the "other stuff" is something I am not aware of. My kids don't even hit the midway when we are there as their focus is the pull itself. With that being said, I do understand the economics of it all. Thank you for your post.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,691, Posts: 229,796, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,956.

Our newest member CBeard