Hagerstown July 12, 2019 05:07PM
What was the problem in Maryland , was the track that bad and why didnt light unlimiteds run

Re: Hagerstown July 13, 2019 12:37AM
I was told by someone there that the track was so bad that they disked it after Pro Stocks

Re: Hagerstown July 13, 2019 12:57AM
Was there the track was bad they did tear it up after pro stocks made it worse . 20 pro stocks took 2 hours . One scraper and one roller .changed line up at 11:30 still had over half of twd yet to go and still had both mod classes and a fwd class to run on the side . Alot of upset people.

Re: Hagerstown July 13, 2019 01:00AM
Yes they did disc track after pro stock class. They also shuffled the order and put light unlimited to last class. I believe the drivers of that class may have decided track wasn’t good enough to run on. Be interesting to see what happens this evening

Re: Hagerstown July 13, 2019 01:24AM
Light Unlimited's would have ran noise ordinance came into affect is only reason they did not run, track was horrible, but was not why they did not run.

Eric Prewitt
The Prewitt Pulling Team
Public Relations for
The Pulling Radio Network

Re: Is there NTPA rule for this situation? July 13, 2019 02:31AM
Eric Prewitt
Light Unlimited's would have ran noise ordinance came into affect is only reason they did not run, track was horrible, but was not why they did not run.

In cases like this, due to no fault of the puller, does the promoter pay the purse split between all entrants in the class?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2019 02:32AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Is there NTPA rule for this situation? July 13, 2019 02:40AM
In my opinion also they made the track even worse by discing it. There reasoning for doing so was to get moisture out of the ground witch makes absolutely no sense to me and is honestly stupid. This then caused valuable time to be wasted the crowd was even cheering for them to get the disc off the track. Poor show hopefully better tonight it is shame they had to wait so long for that

Re: Is there NTPA rule for this situation? July 13, 2019 03:22AM
What would a GOOD track crew have done to the track to make it better ?

Re: Is there NTPA rule for this situation? July 13, 2019 04:10AM
Adding lime will help draw moisture out

Re: Is there NTPA rule for this situation? July 13, 2019 03:22AM
That's what kills the sport. Who is going to want to come back for tonight's pull. And will they even have a pull next year. Does the NTPA supervise building the track or not. Pretty crappy for the pullers and the fans.

Re: Is there NTPA rule for this situation? July 13, 2019 04:03AM
Have they had pulling events at this facility before? Not a good look for a new GN hook. It’s too bad for pullers and fans bothConfused

Re: Is there NTPA rule for this situation? July 13, 2019 07:09AM
The crowd looked small from the one video I saw of a Pro Stock. If they get the same amount tonight would be shocking to me

Re: Is there NTPA rule for this situation? July 13, 2019 07:38AM
Was at the pull last night and it was a crap show. I figured I check it out because it was a g.n on east coast and had been their for g.n in the late 80’s. Well let me tell you I couldn’t believe how bad the track was. I believe Hagerstown speedway is owned by an excavating co. You would think they would have built an awesome track. Been their for dirt races and racing surface is one of the best around. Just sad to see this for NTPA and it’s competitors. Oh by the way their was less than 300 people in the stands.

Hagarstown Session 2 July 13, 2019 12:29PM
Studying Light UNL results, appears as if "Simon Sez" test hook which was the eventual winner, must have destroyed the track, I assume. 45' difference between him and Theobald in 2nd. 100' difference between the win and last place. At least they got to pull tonight, being first class.

And hopefully, there are a lot more spectators.

Re: Hagarstown Session 2 July 14, 2019 12:40AM
Any feedback on the second session and crowd size? I see all classes ran this time

Re: Hagarstown Session 2 July 14, 2019 03:28AM
Tim Ammons was the one who built the track they brought in dirt that was certified to build buildings on witch is why is was hard as a rock then they put sand in it for the second day and they also had the pull the opening night of the fair witch would explain the crowd size. Just a lot of poor decisions piled on top of each other

Re: Hagarstown Session 2 July 14, 2019 05:13AM
NTPA was last here in the 80’s and Interstate Pullers was last there in the early 2000’s. This place could never get a crowd for pulling and the dirt was concrete 20 years ago and 40 years ago . When NTPA did their visit to approve the site they meet with someone that never put a pull on at a facility that local pullers and fans would not support in the past . NTPA , PPL, Outlaw ,or Interstate will never be successful at this location. I feel bad for Tim Amons ,he had good intentions but the deck was stacked against him years before he decided to have a NTPA Pull . Pulling is strong on the East Coast and the last thing they need is a new location or another pull on top of the 5 pulls already on the same weekend. NTPA needs to add 2 classes to a good Interstate Pull that has already had some success but is looking to get to the next level .

Re: Hagarstown Session 2 July 14, 2019 12:38PM
Crowd was still slim. Track a little better but not enough to let the GN guys really get going like I've seen them run before. That was my main disappointment. A little less time between pullers would've been good. Not having 2 tracks doesnt bother me, as long as they keep rolling through the line up.

There's a fair amount of state level and East Coast Series pulls within driving distance of here. I wish there was a way to trade in a few of those pulls for one of these. I dont mind paying $20 or even $25 for 4 GN classes that I can drive to that night. A lot of the pullers here this weekend I only see if I drive 8 hours to Bowling Green or head down to Benson.

If they come back to this area again I'll go back. I'm betting though it'll be another 20 years, like last time.

Re: Hagarstown Session 2 July 14, 2019 07:25AM
This event was disappointing from all perspectives. The track was not prepared properly to host an event of this caliber and caused some serious carnage to pullers across the board. I’m curious if all of this will effect pullers in the coming weekends if they can get this many fixed in time for Chapel Hill or Ionia. There seemed to be good intentions on the part of Ammons to promote this event, but why didn’t NTPA step in and help with the track conditions before hand, or atleast go in ahead of time to check it out? The live feed was terrible, a waste of $30 on the weekend. Stopped to reload while almost every tractor ran and even went off air at times. The entire event was a disappointment.

Re: Hagarstown Session 2 July 14, 2019 08:22AM
I would think - but this would be considered common sense - a new event would have some guidance from NTPA. Because god knows there needs to be growth in venues or events in general. First impressions can make or break you right? And who knows? Maybe there was guidance or suggestions that were ignored. Either way, there was good weather for two consecutive days that was wasted.

Re: Hagarstown Session 2 July 14, 2019 09:24AM
They need to bring a long time track builder into all new pulls as a requirement for new events

Re: Is there NTPA rule for this situation? July 15, 2019 04:06PM
My father and I attended on Friday night. Drove 2 1/2 hours from PA. Spoke to a number of pullers in the pit, and felt bad for the ones that traveled 15 hours. Just didn’t feel like the NTPA. It was poorly executed. The track was just awful. I’ve seen better tracks at antique pulls. We left at 11, and still had most of 2WD and all modifieds to go. It was nice seeing the East Coast League Pro Stock pullers against the GN guys. Track just couldn’t hold up. Would have been a great pull to bring the NTPA back to The Buck in Lancaster, PA. The Buck is always a power track, and would draw a great crowd. If they do it again in Hagerstown next year I would probably go again. I bet the pullers have other ideas though!

Re: Hagerstown July 15, 2019 12:36AM
I can't believe these associations don't go into these venues at least a week before at oversee track prep. Kinda like NHRA does with the drag strips around the country. I feel bad for the pullers that have thousands invested and have to pull on garbage. Also the fan that has to watch this garbage. That's why pulling will never get to the NEXT level.

Re: Hagerstown July 15, 2019 03:16AM
I have a question, if you were in charge exactly what would you do to be sure that track was good to go? How would you know a week beforehand that the dirt was going to do what you want it to do next Friday night? Don't get me wrong here I think it is a shame that these pullers drove in some cases close to a 1000 miles for that event to have a poor track. If I had been there I'm sure I would have been upset as I have been severl times in my pulling carrier. I'm just not sure if what you are saying is possible until you start the competition. As far as NHRA they are dealing with a hard surface that is very consistent from one end of the country to the other,dirt isn't the same from one field to the next let alone one side of the country to the other.

I suppose the best answer I've seen is to only try to put on an event of this scale at venues that are already having pulls so you are dealing with dirt that you know will work.

I'm guessing that the people putting on this event worked very hard to get the event to happen and were more disappointed than anyone.

S'no Farmer

Re: Hagerstown July 15, 2019 03:21AM
Duke Kaboom
I can't believe these associations don't go into these venues at least a week before at oversee track prep. Kinda like NHRA does with the drag strips around the country. I feel bad for the pullers that have thousands invested and have to pull on garbage. Also the fan that has to watch this garbage. That's why pulling will never get to the NEXT level.

In theory that's a good idea. In practice it's probably impractical.

Compared to NHRA or NASCAR, even the"major" pulling orgs are not much more than mom and pop shops. Which NTPA person should go there 2 weeks before, which would have been in the middle of Tomah/Hutchinson/Rockwell?

If Hagerstown has races during that time, there is no track prep to oversee.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2019 05:37AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Hagerstown July 15, 2019 09:41AM
As the announcer for the Hub City Nationals the Friday night session made my top five worst events. No one really to blame. Points race lead by two Marylanders, good numbers for the night. The track did not come together well. Second guess all you want and I enjoy the feedback, but NTPA brought an event that WILL HAVE A GREAT FUTURE. 'Problems addressed on Friday night were in place for Saturday. Sand brought in and this made the track bind better. Track conditions not idea. Saturday night I don't believe there can be many issues. Yes, track work and flow of event can be be improved. "Tracks pretty much the same for everyone, there will be a Winner and I hope it's me" Dave Banter.
On more point, Sno' Farmer posted great comments. There isnt anyone for feels worse than the promoter group and the NTPA staff. As far as coming in a week early. Would not have helped build this track, sometimes opening track earlier might work at some tracks, but not many.

This event was and can be a great event. Even in this day and age, Cloverdale, Benson, VMP and Hagerstown have shown great numbers of NTPA. Many who only get to Bowling Green, now a chance on Hub City Nationals. For those that are turned off completely, I apologize for Friday night. For those that will make plans to attend next year, THANK YOU for your support of NTPA Pulling.

Re: Hagerstown July 16, 2019 12:17AM
As a fan and crew member (that wasn’t there), I want to thank you Doc for stepping up and commenting here and letting us in on the NTPA’s side. You’re not gonna see a NHRA official comment on YellowBullet about track conditions. I hope that next year, the conditions are improved, and that I might be able to go. I gained more respect for you Doc. Thanks

Re: Hagerstown July 16, 2019 02:27AM
I couldn't agree more. Thank you DOC for presenting the NTPA side of the story.I don't believe there's anyone in pulling that should ever want to see an event, especially a new one struggle. The future of the sport relies on fan and pullers satisfaction. Everybody knows that things happen and it sure looks like there was a valid effort made to make the show better for Saturday night.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Hagerstown July 19, 2019 05:17AM
There are some videos up on YouTube of the event.

Re: Hagerstown July 20, 2019 08:50AM
I feel horrible for all the work that went into this show. I just watched the mods n it was bad. I am not blaming anyone By ANY MEANS. Just to bad the track didn't work out. Hope they try again with some support from others

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,724, Posts: 229,854, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,084, Posts: 225,979.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro