Rest in peace July 20, 2019 08:28AM
My heart breaks for the Koester family. Larry was a great guy and wish the best for his family and friends

Re: Rest in peace July 20, 2019 08:52AM
What do u mean was a great guy what am i missing

Re: Rest in peace July 20, 2019 08:55AM
Larry passed away in his sleep last night at Chapel Hill.

Re: Rest in peace July 20, 2019 11:13AM
He was an inspiration for all. Brought out the good side in bad situations

Re: Rest in peace July 20, 2019 03:01PM
The atmosphere at chapel hill was very somber tonight. It was almost fitting that the heavens open up that the way it did. Personally, I envy Larry because if you’re gonna leave this earth, what better place to do it. I know it’s hard to accept anyone’s passing but to be in the presence of family, friends, pullers, promoters & fans that love you is all anyone could ever hope for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2019 03:09PM by Cody.

Re: Rest in peace Larry Koester, a sad day. July 20, 2019 12:10PM
Jake and I want to offer our deepest sympathy to the Koester family We have watched Larry spend countless hours raising money for the Make A Wish kids at Bowling Green year after year. You could see his heart, his passion for the kids that just want to be healthy. You could see the joy on their faces when Larry and any other pullers would spend time with them and their families. At the Make A Wish auction Larry would inspire the pullers and the fans to dig just a little deeper in the pockets to make it the biggest and best auction ever. He will be truly missed not only in the pulling community but also in the lives of so many kids. PEACE

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2019 12:18PM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Rest in peace Larry Koester, a sad day. July 20, 2019 03:03PM
A LEGEND!! When you think of mini rods you think of Larry.

Re: Rest in peace Larry Koester, a sad day. July 20, 2019 04:20PM
Sad for sure,-- talked with Him every yr. at Hutch,what a great guy.Prayers sent !!!!!!

Link to an article about Larry by Miles K. July 21, 2019 12:55AM
Miles has a great article on the Larry. Please take the time to get to know about Larry a little better.

click here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2019 12:56AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Link to an article about Larry by Miles K. July 21, 2019 02:21AM
Check out a youtube video of Larry - "Long road home". I don't know how to post link. Prayers for his family, friends and fans.

Long Road Home July 21, 2019 08:41AM
Long Road Home

Re: Long Road Home July 22, 2019 03:57AM
GOD BLESS LARRY and HIS FAMILY

Larry’s Obituary July 22, 2019 12:07PM
Larry’s Obituary

Re: Larry’s Obituary July 23, 2019 03:26AM
RIP Larry you showed strength to inspire many

Re: Rest in peace July 23, 2019 01:48PM
I didn’t know Larry well. I’d spoken with him a time or two at various events but I don’t think he knew me from any other fan. Last summer I took the family to Langford, NY for their first ever National event. We walked the pits and talked a little bit with guys I knew. My son liked minis a little so we walked around the mini haulers for a bit before the first session. Most pullers just smiled and kept working diligently trying to get prepared for an event and a track that most of them had never seen. Some guys didn’t even look up as they hurried to get ready. Not Larry. Larry was working away getting the tractor ready and he didn’t hesitate for one second. He looked up, saw the kids from a distance, and immediately stopped what he was doing to call the kids over to him to talk with them. He talked with them and treated them like they were the most important people he’d ever met. They were 6, 4, and 2 ½ years old and he was awesome with them. My kids were pretty shy at first and Larry was just persistent at telling them what he was doing and why. He kept talking with them until they felt like they knew him and they opened up. My daughter whispered to me about his legs and asked me how he could drive and he didn't miss a beat, he was so kind-hearted and told her how he steers with the braces and my kids were just in awe of him. He gave my family so much personal time and he never seemed rushed, he never seemed like it was inconvenient and the kids left feeling like they made a new best friend. It was one of the most personal interactions I’ve had in the pits of a tractor pull, and I was essentially just a bystander watching a busy guy take the time out of his life to interact with three curious kids.

Larry didn’t talk to us because I ran this website (I don’t think he had any idea who I was), he didn’t have any agenda, and he didn’t have any reason to treat us so well other than the fact the we were walking the pits and there were kids there and he wanted to make them fans of the sport.

My son liked minis before we met Larry and now he loves them. He often tells me that he wants a Mini with two little helicopter engines.

The sport lost a great ambassador, an amazingly kind-hearted fundraiser for Make-a-Wish, and a great competitor. I pray that the family find peace during this terrible time of loss. My prayers continue to go out to the Koester family.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Rest in peace July 24, 2019 01:13AM
Jake its pullers like Larry that make the sport what it is a family event where you get to walk the pits and meet the drivers. It's great when young fans have those times like your kids did. The sport lost a great guy.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009