How long (years wise an your first pull) have you been attending pulls? July 21, 2019 01:37PM
Interested to see when an where was your first pull mines was 1997 painsville ohio my uncle Oscar mcbride introduced me to semi truck pulling an 24 years later i am still a fan

Re: How long (years wise an your first pull) have you been attending pulls? July 21, 2019 02:33PM
About 1970 or so attended 1st pull, didn't know I was hooked at the time.
Still trying to shake bug of pulling!

Re: How long (years wise an your first pull) have you been attending pulls? July 21, 2019 03:05PM
1991 Local county fair with my dad. I was hooked hard! I went every year with him to the same pull and it was the highlight of my year. Once I turned 16 I would go to any pull my parents would let me. Turning 18 was great because I got rid of my midnight curfew.

Re: How long (years wise an your first pull) have you been attending pulls? July 22, 2019 12:11AM
Probably about 1966, local fish fry had a pull. Stock tractors, a few tandem sets, step on sled. I pulled for the first time 51 years ago last Thursday. Pulled the neighbor's M5 Minnie at the county fair. My brother pulled our 806.

Re: How long (years wise an your first pull) have you been attending pulls? July 22, 2019 02:20AM
In 1963 I saw a story in the Missouri Ruralist about the MO state championship tractor pull that had been recently held at Fulton,MO....I wasn't old enough to drive in 1964 so I talked my parents in to taking me up to Fulton..I absolutely loved it and I was hooked for life...Usually make it to 10-20 pulls per year but made it to 26 of them in 2018..

Re: How long (years wise an your first pull) have you been attending pulls? July 22, 2019 02:25AM
1987, 4 years old, I can remember Tomah WI. 3 tracks I remember them shutting the lights off for turbines light show

Re: How long (years wise an your first pull) have you been attending pulls? July 22, 2019 09:16AM
My father will tell you that I was at my first tractor pull when I was a week old. So, it has clearly been a life-long sickness.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: How long (years wise an your first pull) have you been attending pulls? July 22, 2019 04:01AM
In 1963 I was 16. I drove my families JD 730d to a pull and came in last place. In following years after that I did some improving. I have pulled in 6 different states,Winning the Ill. state fair,2nd place at the old M.W. farm machinery show and 4th at the NFMS show. I still attend quite a few pulls and I can tell you to this day the urge to do it is still there even though it has changed a lot. Ithink it gets in your blood and never leaves

Re: How long (years wise an your first pull) have you been attending pulls? July 22, 2019 05:16AM
First pull I remember attending was in the late 70's at Rupp Arena.

Re: How long (years wise an your first pull) have you been attending pulls? July 24, 2019 05:09AM
1989 Decatur County Fair Pull, I was 9.
Been pulling every since and love it!

Re: How long (years wise an your first pull) have you been attending pulls? July 24, 2019 08:34AM
1968 Mercer County Fair Aledo IL. The bug bite me that night.

Re: How long (years wise an your first pull) have you been attending pulls? July 25, 2019 04:34AM
The first that I can remember an approx. date on was Bowling Green, Ohio. About 1970. I remember they pulled a doubletree class,I was 6 yrs old. Me and my Dad sat on the back of a truck in the infield. Our cousin from Blufton, Indiana .came over to pull

Re: How long (years wise an your first pull) have you been attending pulls? July 26, 2019 05:27PM
July 1965. 3020 John Deere Diesel. Location was the Stearns County Fair, Sauk Centre, Mn. Same summer was Douglas county fair, tractor pull. Pulling ever since. 54 years still enjoy the sport of tractor pulling. Thanks.

Re: How long (years wise an your first pull) have you been attending pulls? July 27, 2019 10:55AM
1970 couldn't wait to run and jump on the sled as it went down the track.And i also remember each puller had there own hook up man and a lot of twisting the chain going on before hooking and weighing in at feed mills and a whole lot of cheating going on

Re: How long (years wise an your first pull) have you been attending pulls? July 28, 2019 01:12AM
1978 Brookfield ny 1965 dodge pickup had bug every since

Re: How long (years wise an your first pull) have you been attending pulls? July 29, 2019 07:41AM
I was in 6th grade when I drove Dads MM U to the Walworth county fair for the pull. I must not have done well as I have no memory of where I placed. That would have been in 1959 or 1960. That makes 59 years of being obsessed with the sport. Pulling has been part of my life since that time.

Re: How long (years wise an your first pull) have you been attending pulls? July 29, 2019 12:32PM
The first time I pulled was 1982 on a Farmall M in Lebanon Ohio, I was "12". We won the first 3 classes. I was second in the forth because a rear tire blew out and lost by 2 foot. I enjoy it to this day. Glad for live stream and live results it saves time and money.I attend about 6 to 8 pulls a year. I help out the neighbor with a farm stock every now and then.
I have pulled in several states on an antique and a DSS. Both are in the shop. The Farmall M is pulled a few times a year and the DSS has become a LLSS waiting on parts or as some say growing roots in the barn. I have a few children that have interest in working and pulling them and plan them taking over soon. My wife does not like my 10, 11, or 12 year old boy shooting either in the Ford. My boy has ran the Farmall a few times and has the bug now.he was "14" that day.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,646, Posts: 229,713, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,904.

Our newest member JD_8520