PPL Western Series Rules Enforcement July 28, 2019 02:24AM
At the western series event over the weekend the 95 Limited Pro class had fuel tested. Of the 13 in the class 4 met the spec for Western Series. The rest met the spec for Nebraska Bush which is who the pull was co-sanctioned with. Of the 9 who were over spec 3 were western series tractors who make the majority of the pulls one is a points runner. Those three tractors were given a pass by the western series director the rest were kicked out. This is crap the rule is pretty easy to understand, under 100 points on the dielectric test. To me it’s worse to be a points runner and be found with hot fuel when your running the series you should know the rules for the class. It’s preached the first p in ppl stand for professional, apparently that doesn’t apply to the directors.

Re: PPL Western Series Rules Enforcement July 28, 2019 06:22AM
Ain’t the leadership of that series just great??

Re: PPL Western Series Rules Enforcement July 28, 2019 06:25AM
Seen it first hand last year at Montgomery City. Brandon found hot fuel in an 85 limited pro and DQed him. Puller went and cried to Tucker and Tucker told the guy it would be ok and overruled the DQ.

Yep and Truth July 28, 2019 06:33AM
Seeing that you both have the same IP address please get together and only post once.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Yep and Truth July 28, 2019 02:14PM
Blame Kurt and Kline on this..letting the mo guys get buy with hot fuel and throwing nebr bush pullers under the bus.

Re: Yep and Truth July 28, 2019 02:55PM
The fact is you’ve got some prima donna’s thinking they run the show and call the shots. I think what we have here is an example that has possibly been allowed to infuriate some enough so it would go public and out some of this. Desperate times call for desperate measures Smoking

Re: PPL Western Series Rules Enforcement July 28, 2019 06:35AM
Juicing the fuel and water have and always will be a problem with your restricted air classes, Spec fuel & water is a good idea, but there needs to be staff that can spot check top 3 or 4 at several pulls, doesn’t matter if it’s Ppl, Oulaws or NTPA...if you have rules and don’t enforce them might as well do away with them and run Nitrous or Nitromethane.

Re: PPL Western Series Rules Enforcement July 28, 2019 08:23AM
Bush has the same fuel rule as the western series.

Re: PPL Western Series Rules Enforcement July 28, 2019 10:54AM
You can’t have a guy in charge of a series that also promotes his own pull. He does not want to piss off pullers that pay him to pull at his pull in the winter time. Big difference when it’s your own money or corporate money

Re: PPL Western Series Rules Enforcement July 28, 2019 11:44AM
Several of us had a "hauler meeting" on this subject last night in Bowling Green. The consensus was, why have rules if you don't enforce them? There will always be cheaters unfortunately and there will always be people making honest mistakes. So what's the answer? I was raised to forgive but I can tell you it's tough to do when the evidence says you were beaten by a dishonest puller. So here's my $.02.
1. We have a rule book, follow it!
2. Allow fuel to be tested beforehand to see if it's legal. I'm no chemist but I know it's pretty easy to have out of spec fuel.
3. Did I mention follow the rule book?
4. Possibly consider 1 free strike. Honest mistakes are made.

I firmly believe the P does stand for Professional and we should all play the part. Okay, let me have it!

Re: PPL Western Series Rules Enforcement July 28, 2019 12:18PM
I agree with you Richard, enforce the rules. 100 means 100. Pretty simple. It states it pretty clearly in the rulebook 30 to 100. Anyone over should be thrown out or none of them do and get warned. I think the option to have fuel tested before you pull has always been there, at least Brandon holcomb never had a problem testing before the pull. What's next, a few guys have 4.2 turbos? It's close to meeting
the rules, so it should be ok right? But dont put on a 4.3, because that will be illegal. Honest mistakes can be made, but it's still not legal. About like forgetting to put a neck brace on. Grounds for disqualification, but a simple mistake. Rules have gone unenforced for years. The 3500 rpm class has had guys not get a rpm reading for 2 years. Others have been over a couple hundred rpm week after week. And nothing has ever been said or done about it. For 2 years!!! Professional pulling league? I dont think so.

Re: PPL Western Series Rules Enforcement July 28, 2019 12:39PM
PPL Western as always been about money and numbers instead of rules. Other than the Mo State Fair a couple of years ago PPL teching has been pulling of the kill switch. Once in a great while performance advantages are checked but not more than twice a year. There has been a cylinder head problem for years but has gone unchecked until this year.

Re: PPL Western Series Rules Enforcement July 28, 2019 03:06PM
The sad thing is that the tech officials basically have their hands tied.

Re: PPL Western Series Rules Enforcement July 28, 2019 03:25PM
I don’t usually post on here and get wrapped up in the drama but after a few pullers stopped by my shop today I just can’t help myself. The western series tech guys are some of the most top notch guys you will find. They have a true passion for the sport and want to see the organization grow. But one thing you all need to keep in mind is they don’t run the show and make the decisions. They are there to do what they are told by their supervisor. When I was with the series those guys would do anything that I asked of them and not complain one bit. All I’m asking is don’t hold a personal vendetta with those guys. They can’t control it all. Im not here to express my opinion on the series or anyone in charge of it. All I’m here to do is stick up for the people I call friends. - Brandon Holcomb

Re: PPL Western Series Rules Enforcement July 28, 2019 07:20PM
Funny thing is it sounds like only part of the 11 that tested hot were kicked out! Sounds like great leadership to me!!

Re: PPL Western Series Rules Enforcement July 29, 2019 12:21AM
How about having proper written procedures for said test to be administered. There are none.
Now the following happens. Tech official runs the meter as he/she sees fit, which more often than not, is not the correct use of the meter.
Then the competitor questions said use. Then said tech official has his or her power Trip, and this post happens. End of story.

Re: PPL Western Series Rules Enforcement July 29, 2019 01:11AM
So who got a pass and who got the dq after the test results? I’d say that will tell the tale on where the power trip came from

Re: PPL Western Series Rules Enforcement July 29, 2019 02:56AM
So if you’re a western series tractor you all of a sudden have a +-10% on fuel as of Wayne and therefore legal...hope they stop payment on checks to ppl western series from Wayne’s promoter that’d show who’s in charge

Re: PPL Western Series Rules Enforcement July 29, 2019 05:19AM
So, Richard Warren since you must’ve been a “legal” tractor why don’t you give us the rest of story? Who all was DQ’D? Who was allowed to be legal but wasn’t??

Re: PPL Western Series Rules Enforcement July 29, 2019 05:39AM
I was not there but from what I heard everyone was illegal except the 3 tractors with connor fuel in them. most of them were very close too 100 so they decided since it was not PPL'S checker to give them 20% due to the heat and not being calibrated by ppl tech's. the ones that were DQ'd from what I understand were way way off, around 150-160. I wasn't there so I don't know this for a fact but was told by second hand info. makes you wonder though, with this and the 8500 class letting people get away with what they have,,,,

Re: PPL Western Series Rules Enforcement July 29, 2019 07:54AM
What in the hell is going on?? I just read the Tech Men are in the wrong and Ernie Conner was the only one with in the rules. All of this out of the same post on pulloff I'm going to the store to buy a lottery ticket and all the bread and milk the world is about to end.

Re: PPL Western Series Rules Enforcement July 29, 2019 09:21AM
VP is typically 138-140

Re: PPL Western Series Rules Enforcement July 29, 2019 09:14AM
The ones who tested out were running VP fuel. At least the majority of them. Never would I have thought that VP would test 150.

Re: PPL Western Series Rules Enforcement July 30, 2019 02:46PM
Congratulations Ernie way too make fuel great again!! Congratulations Connie and Jerry on a first place at bg !!Counting on you guys for 2020!!!Cool

John Meats your thoughts July 30, 2019 03:36PM
Hear it from the man

Re: PPL Western Series Rules Enforcement July 31, 2019 05:02AM
Is there a place to send fuel to get it tested? Curious as it would be nice to know what certain mixtures can net.

Re: PPL Western Series Rules Enforcement August 05, 2019 02:27AM
A few places yes, can google I think

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009