Junk sled July 30, 2019 04:17AM
Bad itpa show at Adams county fair!! When sled has to be so heavy the tractors cant start it so he can stop them it's time to retire the pile!!!

Re: Junk sled July 30, 2019 04:59AM
Who was the sled? Looked at the results and all of the class winners were past the 300' mark.

Re: Junk sled July 30, 2019 10:54AM
It’s called tractor “pulling” for a reason isn’t it? Everyone is hooking on the same sled anyway. Blaming the sled because you didn’t win isn’t right.

Re: Junk sled July 30, 2019 06:26AM
We drove over to watch the show and it was great. Went off without a hitch. As a fan of tractor pulling, it bugs me when people can get on here and post negative comments and hide behind their keyboard. If everyone HAD TO REGISTER to post comments I think it would eliminate the childish postings. So far we have been able to go watch 4 pulls this year and they all were great! THANK YOU to everyone who puts on these events! THANK YOU to all the pullers too for all your hard work!

Re: Junk sled July 30, 2019 09:22AM
Three of you guys should registere today it's free especially you was there

Re: Junk sled July 30, 2019 09:09AM
The sled used was Daryl Ruffcorn's "The Legend" from Loraine, IL. For those unfamiliar with this sled, it is the old Busch Beer sled.

Re: Junk sled July 30, 2019 09:36AM
Its a pulling sled not a modern race sled!

Re: Junk sled July 30, 2019 10:52PM
When a sled has to put wheels down to help vehicle's get it moving how fair is that or the pan drop is ran by a valve in the cab and not tripped by the weight box on the way up its pretty easy to pick who wins!!!!

Re: Junk sled July 31, 2019 05:52AM
Glad to see someone else figured that out!

Re: Junk sled July 31, 2019 07:19AM
As Dick Morgan pointed out on another recent thread, some of you are sharing a computer or the same person.

Also - just because you're using a VPN doesn't mean you're not "visible." You might want to invest in multiple VPNs to continue playing in the shadows.

Or, if you have a gripe, heaven forbid, register your name/handle and an email address and provide a little integrity to your thoughts...Come on in, the water is fine!

I see no problem with being critical about something, but if it is worth mentioning, it is worth putting your name on it.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Junk sled July 31, 2019 12:46PM
Well Connie, this guy could bitch if they all pulled different sleds. They way I see it....its a hp track.....so we all pull on the same one. We pull 10 different sleds...their all different....kinda makes it fun....thats why we have our pulling bible....

Re: Junk sled July 30, 2019 02:25PM
Sled is junk! By the way he is in charge of the Atoms county fair pull, good luck getting rid of him! I know a certain class of excalibur ask too be removed from the atoms county fair. Cut the sled up for scraps and be done it! The sled
Will NOT Pass a Nsoa tech! No sled for excalibur to be pulling! As matter of fact that should be a rule for excalibur . Excalibur should require a sled to pass a national sled operator's association inspection!

Re: Junk sled July 30, 2019 02:32PM
Darryl's sled is certified by the NASOA. It's a level 7 if nothing has changed from recent years.

Re: Junk sled July 30, 2019 02:36PM
Show the paper work! If nothing has changed in recent years!!! It should be inspected every year!

Re: Junk sled July 30, 2019 02:43PM
Show your name.
Dave

Re: Junk sled July 30, 2019 02:50PM
http://nasoa.net/illinois/

Scroll down and you will see it is currently listed. All NASOA sleds are inspected every year. I'm not sure what about it you think is junk but if you don't like the way it pulls then that's not something that necessarily has anything to do with whether or not it's inspected.

Re: Junk sled July 31, 2019 08:54AM
We get the fact that not everyone likes our sled...we know it's an old "tractor pull" type sled not a newer "race style" sled.
Both Darryl and I are committed to providing a fair pulling event, we also know not all pullers believe that, but as sled owners we are used to that criticism.
However, there is one issue mentioned I feel compelled to address:
Our sled IS an NASOA certified Level 7 sled..In order to maintain certification we must meet standards set by NASOA and pass a yearly inspection.
If you feel I'm being untruthful, I'll be happy to share a copy of this years inspection papers. Just post a name and I'll get a copy to you.
If you are going to criticize us please know your facts before you start.
Thank You.

Re: Junk sled July 31, 2019 10:28AM
as a smaller tractor,-- slower type puller,we would love to have all your old pull sleds for each event,not necassary to use drop pan sleds on smaller tractors going 3-10 mph.

Re: Junk sled July 31, 2019 01:24PM
Georgee the fans would lough if they knew just how close a old farm tractor can get since you don't pull crap till the last 75 ft

Re: Junk sled July 31, 2019 03:31PM
I have pulled this sled for years have hooked this year 4 times this year have nothing to complain about it is a pull sled
Tony McMullen

Re: Junk sled August 01, 2019 01:14AM
Pay no attention to the whiners on here..They'd gripe if they got hung with a new rope..Smiling

Re: Junk sled July 31, 2019 05:28PM
Big red
Bad itpa show at Adams county fair!! When sled has to be so heavy the tractors cant start it so he can stop them it's time to retire the pile!!!

First of all, I have seen this happen at over half the events that we have pulled at this year AND IT HAS NOT BEEN THE SAME SLED! In fact, we have not hooked Daryls sled this year. I have seen it with the "so called" race sleds also. My feeling is this is a track thing this year because of what mother nature gave us to deal with early on here in the Midwest. Second, the ITPA has NOTHING to do with getting the sled at an event other than the Illinois State Fair and the DuQuoin State Fair. Third, are you a true puller, fan, or some one that just wants to stir up sheet when everyone one is trying to do their best at putting on a show for you to complain about?

Re: Junk sled August 01, 2019 12:06AM
I've heard comments made at pulls here in Nebraska as well, especially early in the pulling season. Weird things going on with the tracks. Saw a sled actually get stuck on the track a few times at two different pulls.

Re: Junk sled August 05, 2019 02:07AM
Still tough to nail it all on the sled though as we all know, lots of sleds out there with many variations

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009