DSS Engine Size August 09, 2019 05:44AM
How many cubic inches does it take to compete competitively in GN DSS? I hear that Young Blood still uses an A-C block so that cant be much over 540 i wouldn't think, but im sure the top running binders in the class are at that 600+ area, but im not positive so if anyone knew anything about the size of engines are being used in this class I'd be very interested to know!

Re: DSS Engine Size August 09, 2019 07:35AM
I think most are running 540. Can’t keep them together any larger. Ross was at 540, not sure if they still are.

Re: DSS Engine Size August 09, 2019 08:27AM
Most are 540 as Ken said, I believe only a handful are much bigger, John Raymond was at 619 I thought and Boxler used to run something in the 600s.

Re: DSS Engine Size August 09, 2019 08:53AM
DSS with 4 chargers and 3 Stages are limited to 540, 3 Charger can run 650.

Re: DSS Engine Size August 10, 2019 02:08AM
Young blood was 477 ci. I would bet it still is. A-C blocks can be 531 ci. With a stock stroke.

Re: DSS Engine Size August 10, 2019 03:58AM
I would bet Young Blood is quite a bit larger now, it will be a pro stock soon.

Re: DSS Engine Size August 10, 2019 05:27AM
Are you sure about that? I’m thinking there is another chassis the pro motor will appear in

Re: DSS Engine Size August 10, 2019 06:25AM
I saw a picture that would suggest so and that is word on the street last I knew anyway.

Re: DSS Engine Size August 10, 2019 06:38AM
On their Facebook page with the case IH sticker on the front weight bracket?

Re: DSS Engine Size August 10, 2019 07:37AM
Legacy has a 504ci AC motor, I’m pretty sure. They had a pic of Youngblood awhile ago with 24.5s in it so defiantly pro stock

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2019 07:38AM by 8030acpuller.

Re: DSS Engine Size August 10, 2019 10:13AM
Last I knew the Legacy was 530ish. Youngblood was 477 for years and I can't remember if they ever put the 530ish setup in it or not. I'd guess that Smoke and Mirrors is the only guy at or near the limit. I'd agree that everyone is either at 504 or 540. Maybe there's a 570 somewhere hidden in the mix but I doubt anyone is much bigger than that.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: DSS Engine Size August 10, 2019 01:08PM
Mostly everyone is 540.....I'm not sure things would live much over that. Smoke-n-mirriors is 650 but he is also running a big block, Smokin hot Deere is also big block but not sure of cubes. Now allegedly someone in the class is supposed to be trying 570 cubes this year in a red tractor but I was told that you weren't aloud to run over 540 cubes in a recast block or some type of rule to that nature but I'm not sure if that's true or how it is actually worded if it's a type of rule. Now things could be different this year for a few guys hence all of the breakage a lot of guys in the class are trying new things.......but hey if you really want to know just walk up to them at a pull and ask

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,719, Posts: 229,838, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,969.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro