You Tube videos August 25, 2019 04:34AM
As I watch the pro stock class from Wellington last night. I just wanted to take a moment to thank those guys that take the time to video and post pulls throughout the summer. Really big shout out to the ones who post the COMPLETE classes, ekauff, Lets go pulling, Richard Pruitt etc. You guys do a great job and is really appreciated by those of us who work a lot and can't get to a bunch of pulls.

Re: You Tube videos August 25, 2019 05:22AM
Yep I agree also
It is appreciated

Re: You Tube videos August 25, 2019 05:52AM
I enjoy going back and watching the pulls I do go to. I was at Wellington and watched ekauff’s videos yesterday

Re: You Tube videos August 25, 2019 10:54AM
Thanks, much appreciated!

Re: You Tube videos August 25, 2019 11:32AM
I’ll 2nd that. It’s much appreciated. Thank you to those that put the time and effort into posting them.

Good post Punisher....

Re: You Tube videos August 25, 2019 11:39AM
punisher....
I just wanted to take a moment to thank those guys that take the time to video and post pulls throughout the summer. Really big shout out to the ones who post the COMPLETE classes, ekauff, Lets go pulling, Richard Pruitt etc. You guys do a great job and is really appreciated by those of us who work a lot and can't get to a bunch of pulls.

Thank you, Punisher!

I also love the other guys that share the complete class videos as it gives me a chance to see iron and venues that I don't get to see because I'm busy with my own filming. The internet truly is a wonderful thing.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: You Tube videos August 25, 2019 03:38PM
I wish I had the time to put together all the class videos after each pull the week it happens, but I'm too busy to make that happen. Luckily, posting them during the winter months help give fans their fix of pulling while they wait for summer to come back around.

Thanks to all other videographers who do what they do. I also, enjoy watching videos from other organizations that I do not get to venture out to.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: You Tube videos August 25, 2019 01:50PM
punisher....
As I watch the pro stock class from Wellington last night. I just wanted to take a moment to thank those guys that take the time to video and post pulls throughout the summer. Really big shout out to the ones who post the COMPLETE classes, ekauff, Lets go pulling, Richard Pruitt etc. You guys do a great job and is really appreciated by those of us who work a lot and can't get to a bunch of pulls.

When you say “the complete class,” what does that mean? Does that include a rundown as far as distances and finishing order, or just that the videographer catches and posts every pass in the class? (Genuinely curious - no sarcasm or snark intended.)

I’m also add my thank you‘s to all of the people who post that stuff too. It’s a labor of love and most of the time they get zero recognition for it.

Re: You Tube videos August 25, 2019 11:07PM
just for you guys that don't know,by watching the vids they post -- you put a fair amount of money in their respective bank accounts.

Re: You Tube videos August 26, 2019 03:26AM
I can't speak on behalf of everyone, but we aren't making anything to brag about, as it's not much at all.

Brent Yaron

Re: You Tube videos August 26, 2019 10:57AM
Yeah, these guys are getting rich making these videos. Pennies on the dollar if anything at all Alot of people put vids on YouTube, few make any money. Thanks to all who make and share these vids, I watch them all. Shout out to the European guys too

Re: You Tube videos August 26, 2019 01:12PM
Grubby
Yeah, these guys are getting rich making these videos. Pennies on the dollar if anything at all Alot of people put vids on YouTube, few make any money. Thanks to all who make and share these vids, I watch them all. Shout out to the European guys too

One YouTube personality that I follow--not pulling related--figured his earnings on a multiple-million view video to be about $0.008 per view.

John Murray

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: You Tube videos November 29, 2019 12:08AM
We were making about $0.0035 per view. Kind of jealous and John making $0.008. That is roughly $3500 per million views. And we have over 15 Million views and 50 Million minutes watched in 7 years. That is $43,000 on YouTube and about $35,000 on Facebook. For those of you who don't know I was a government contractor and now I am not. It cost so much to live here about 25 miles south of DC. We are Barely Getting By to borrow the name from one of our favorite Pro Stocks. We have 8 more years to get the kids sent off on their lives and then we can move and get into an easier cost of living literally anywhere in the world but here. I am a stay at home dad now and take the kids to school and pick them up afterward. I do anything pulling related I can think of to stay in this business. We have skipped meals, oil changes, going on anniversary trips, we stopped giving gifts to each other trying to save money. We give the kids a little something to let me know we think the world of them. But we have sacrificed a lot to be able to bring pulling to your living rooms.

I spend anywhere from $8,000 to 10,000 every year promoting events both of my money and promoter's funds I am entrusted with. It costs a lot to keep butts in the seats. And if the crowd isn't as big as you would like it to be, I am sorry. I film late sometimes until 1 or 2 o'clock and most crowds bailout by 10 PM. And I know I film on the same sides as the crowds. It isn't that there is a crowd, it is that the side I am on is the safest to be on.

Will Whitt
703-626-4131
will@willwhitt.com
WWPTV Video

Re: You Tube videos August 26, 2019 12:28PM
First of all, they aren’t making boat loads by making the video.....

But Secondly, what is wrong with a guy making some money for his time and effort of sharing a skill that he has...I believe that’s called work, or a job! Glad that they are able to make a little money when they can with it. Because if they didn’t make it for their videos YOUR advertising money would go to another Youtuber who makes videos about something completely unrelated to tractor pulling.

Thanks guys for the work you do. I know I appreciate it.

I even sometimes use it to watch what a track may be like before I go to a competition if I’ve never been to the venue before. So it’s great. Thanks!

Re: You Tube videos August 26, 2019 02:48AM
Suburban Farmboy
When you say “the complete class,” what does that mean? Does that include a rundown as far as distances and finishing order, or just that the videographer catches and posts every pass in the class? (Genuinely curious - no sarcasm or snark intended.)

For my Mid-South videos, I post every hook in the class--whether they go 30 foot or 300 foot--with distances at the end of every run.Then a complete rundown at the end of the video with a slow-mo replay of the winning hook.

John Murray

Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: You Tube videos August 26, 2019 03:08AM
I also enjoy a well put together class video, or winners video. But like Brent said in a previous post, trying to do complete class videos can take some serious time, especially when you start including drivers names, distances, etc.

It takes about 45 minutes to an hour for me to do a winners video. That's from importing the videos into a previously used template, typing out everyone's info and distances, getting transitions and everything lined up, previewing the video and making sure things are spelled right, and it flows correctly. Then, depending on video length, it can take up to 20+ minutes for it to render into the final product, and another 15-20 minutes to upload to YouTube or Facebook..

If I don't have any driver info or results, then I can whip out a class video pretty quick.

Thank you to the other guys who like watching an entire pull through a 2" screen, it is appreciated by many!

---

Re: You Tube videos August 26, 2019 03:32AM
Yup, an hour is about what I'll roughly spend per class video piecing all the graphics and videos together and making sure it all looks good. Depending on length of video it takes anywhere from 15-45 minutes to render, with 5 minutes to upload (I have fiber internet so it's fast lol). This year I believe I'll have around 120 class videos coming out over the off-season so some quick math says I'll be glued to the computer a lot this winter!

Brent Yaron

Re: You Tube videos August 26, 2019 10:38AM
To everyone that videotapes these pulls and puts them on YouTube is GREATLY appreciated! I study our class and my truck religiously and I can assure you more is learned this way than any other way to make improvements to the pulling vehicle.

Thanks guys and keep up the great work!

Re: You Tube videos August 26, 2019 01:05PM
I really appreciate the videos. A big thanks to Chris Baker , his daughter and WWPTV crew for all their work . I learn something new about every time I watch the videos.

Re: You Tube videos November 29, 2019 12:12AM
Chris and his daughter Shayleigh joined the WWPTV team a number of years ago. Funny story, they have my very first camera a Canon G20. I told them I can upgrade him, but they don't want to turn it in. They had some weather issues this year and a lot of farming to do so they didn't get as much content as they would have liked. We will light a fire under them for 2020!

Thank you for these kind words.

Will Whitt
703-626-4131
will@willwhitt.com
WWPTV Video

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,678, Posts: 229,780, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason