Competitors involved in Reset decisions September 09, 2019 07:18AM
I was at a Pull in Wisconsin this weekend, and a couple competitors ran, then they decided to look at the sled setting...The officials and Sled Man were discussing, and two very well known competitors walk out and inject themselves in the discussion at hand! One competitors arms were whaling all over and was very emotional for his self important reasons, the other injecting his sneaky agenda as well. Question is, why is this legal? Why should a pullers opinion matter, and evidently it did as the outcome was to leave it set as is and run the stupidest looking class in history. How is this not favoritism? No names or circumstances, ie breakage or whatever should play into the decision. 280ft is too short, should be automatic reset. This decision took a possible Championship from about 4 different Teams and handed it to 1...Thoughts?

Re: Competitors involved in Reset decisions September 09, 2019 08:55AM
Why would 280 be two short sounds like the wagon finaly hooked the mule the guy that went 280 couldnt help it that the others couldnt pass him.I take it the couple well known guys just couldnt cut the mustard that night

Re: Competitors involved in Reset decisions September 09, 2019 09:30AM
Now Lewis,-- we all know that the truth isn't accepted and politicaly correct nowadays

Re: Competitors involved in Reset decisions September 09, 2019 12:54PM
They didn't want to reset the sled because he wouldn't have been able to come back due to hurting a motor. That would have screwed him out of the points. On the other hand them not resetting the sled screwed the Boyd's out of the points. In my opinion they should have reset the sled to put on a better show, breakage is apart of pulling. That's what most competitors thought should have happened after talking to them, but I understand the reasoning behind the decision.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Competitors involved in Reset decisions September 09, 2019 01:09PM
283 with a crossed up pass and popping the blower was a bad pass and should of been passed by 20 feet I guess nobody could figure it out officials shouldn’t decide championships and if any of them were better well they had 284 feet to prove it

Re: Competitors involved in Reset decisions September 09, 2019 04:53PM
Jeeze, I would think the knuckle dragging "300 feet has been a full pull since Moses pulled" should LOVE a 280 foot pull.
"It isn't a dang drag race" after all!
So, you telling us Boyd's can't set up their tractors for a 280 foot pass?
(Ok,ok, to be correct, you are saying Boyd's can't GET their tractors set up for them, and run a good 280 to 290 foot pass).

Re: Competitors involved in Reset decisions September 10, 2019 01:55AM
No other tractor in the class cracked 270 feet come on guys get your Green Eyed jealousy out of the way...The old pro Leischner ouldnt either! And They could have turned that engine off and came back and made another pass! You gotta be able to make more than one pass, that's what all you dyed in the wool NTPA guys have said for years!

Re: Competitors involved in Reset decisions September 10, 2019 07:21AM
If you can't make the pull off. don't hook the first time pull offs are what the fans want to see bitch and complain all you want it doesn't change that fact. when they lose interest in our entertainment they will go somewhere else

Re: Competitors involved in Reset decisions September 10, 2019 08:01AM
Amen

Re: Competitors involved in Reset decisions September 11, 2019 02:12AM
Back to the original question, we took a trip through the 60's and the step on sled days! But back to my original question, should competitors be able to run up to the Head Official and argue about decisions made to the sled and other issues on track? If no, what should be the course of action if they do?

Re: Competitors involved in Reset decisions September 11, 2019 05:29AM
No , isn't the track officials decision final,and simply ignored

Re: Competitors involved in Reset decisions September 11, 2019 01:09PM
The pullers definitely deserve to give input on a sled reset. They are the guys in the seat that know more about their pass than anyone. Their input can be very important on making a reset decision. The finish-line flagmen and the sled operator should also give their input. If there's a separate competition director in the club they should have input too. I'm a little biased here but I've seen some promoters make a reset decision when they have no clue what they're even watching because they only go to one event a year... their own event and that's it. Personally I think the reset decision should be handled by the club and not the promoter.

Should the competitor run up to the official screaming and waving their arms like a humming bird? No, but everyone lets their emotion get the best of them from time to time. Everyone also gets the decision to reset wrong from time to time. Tracks can go away, tracks can come around, it's not a perfect science. If it was an ugly pass to 280' and they hurt an engine then it's hard to fault that decision.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Competitors involved in Reset decisions September 11, 2019 02:54PM
One thing that would solve this problem with any class is to get rid of the "floating finish" bs.

Re: Competitors involved in Reset decisions September 12, 2019 03:19AM
Well said. please pick a number and just stick with it all season long and year after year because fans are so darn confused now and almost nobody, including guys in the class, has any idea how far you need to go! Make all the tracks 320... 330... (whatever you choose stick with it) and set the sled for 310ish (NOT 330). That way if a team or two has a monster pass then there's a pulloff, and otherwise you'll still put on a good show.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Distances September 14, 2019 01:47AM
Perfect idea Jake exactly.

Re: Competitors involved in Reset decisions September 12, 2019 01:52AM
IMO as someone who chasses points Championships on the National Tours, I feel absolutely no the competitors should not weigh in on the Decision. The sled Operator and Track official should be the only ones involved! Its hard to run a National circuit, and in one decision to have your whole season taken away because of what happened on someones first run is wrong. We have to have our vehicles ready to make another pass at any time, and yes we are leading the points in PPL TWD and yes we got reset on this year and came back and made another hit. We aren't ones to sandbag on a first run either, I have had the Tech ask me, was that a winning tune up run when we have set a long mark early, this I can understand. It needs to be based on the run and if it was a good run etc, not because someone hurt their rig.

BB

Re: Competitors involved in Reset decisions September 12, 2019 02:18AM
I agree somewhat to your opinion. But, if the competitor offers an insight, truthfully, to how his pass was, in a moderate explanation, the official should consider the input. The good officials normally know how vehicles perform. I myself talk it over with the operator and we say if test 'X' goes 220, we have a good sled, because "y" will be at 310 historically. We always fear we will be test, make an uncharacteristic killer run, and be reset, and then the class gets stuffed short.

Re: Competitors involved in Reset decisions September 12, 2019 03:13AM
Stormy
I have had the Tech ask me, was that a winning tune up run when we have set a long mark early, this I can understand.
Bob, that's exactly what I'm saying. A puller may be experimenting, or may be set on kill, or may have rode the brake the whole way, or may have driven in out of the hole way too conservative, etc... Letting the finishline official know that can be hugely helpful. As Jim said,
bandit496
But, if the competitor offers an insight, truthfully, to how his pass was, in a moderate explanation, the official should consider the input.
The competitor isn't the one making the decision, they are just offering their insight on how their pass went.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Competitors involved in Reset decisions September 13, 2019 09:20AM
I have seen times that a puller has helped with a sled reset. As stated emotions seemed to be high at this event. It would have been better to if not said anything and just let things happen. They may have not reset the sled anyway. Now this just gives a excuse for fans and competitors to question the officials actions.

The officials call should be final and no questions asked. They should stand behind the rulebook and enforce the rules that everyone should be going by. There has been a few questionable calls this year. Everyone’s hitch was checked in the 2wd class at a event this year. One hitch was found to be to thick. He was allowed to replace the hitch and still compete.

The point is there seems to be to much ahh it’s ok going on. Rules need to be followed enforced and officials call should be respected and not questioned.

Re: Competitors involved in Reset decisions September 14, 2019 03:48AM
Respect is one major aspect of human behavior missing in our country lately.Along with morality,ethics and pride.Just think about it,- look at the news,sports figures,shootings and politics,--------------------------

Re: Competitors involved in Reset decisions September 14, 2019 03:27PM
...or we could be like the mini rod class in Henry...the competitor we sat next to said the finish line flag man told the starting line official the sled needed reset after both the first and second pullers and got overruled. So as a fan, we got to watch 2 hrs worth of mini rods with 6 of the 11 entries making the pull off. It was a little much and the slowest yet longest Henry I recall, even with them having two less classes.

With that being said, there must be wisdom exercised with the officials...not the competitors themselves.

Re: Competitors involved in Reset decisions September 15, 2019 12:30AM
you can not teach common sense.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,687, Posts: 229,792, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member Jason