Advice on What Diesel Farm Class to Build for in Indiana and Illinois September 17, 2019 01:20AM
OK, my son wants me to help him build and sometimes drive his tractor. I've only run modified tractors and 2WD modifieds in my life. He lives in southwestern Indiana and I in west central Indiana. He's wanting to build his 1256 International for a class. As far as I can tell, it's already been repowered with a DT-466. The hydraulic system and PTO are shot, so this is the reason he's wanting to use this particular tractor to build into a puller. He and I need some guidance into what the most economical diesel tractor class to start him in. I know already, no class is cheap, but one that might be considered entry level for our area of Indiana and Illinois.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2019 02:50AM by One Sick Puppy.

Re: Advice on What Diesel Farm Class to Build for in Indiana and Illinois September 17, 2019 01:37PM
we run a 10 mph 3000 rpm class here in north central Indiana. primarily north of indy. Only real rules for us are 10mph, 3000 rpm top cut tires are allowed. Must have basic safety equipment. Website is indianapullingleague.com where all details of the class are listed. Became a real fun class especially for what it sounds like you want to do. the speed and rpm really police the class well so far and we just finished season 3 and seems to have good interest. Theres also a southern group that's probably closer for you that were getting to know that seems like a good group to. good luck to ya!

Re: Advice on What Diesel Farm Class to Build for in Indiana and Illinois September 18, 2019 01:00AM
Thanks for the information Enforcer. We use to run with the modified group that's now the IPL 5,800 lb. class. It was a lot of traveling for us to follow the circuit. It sounds like the diesel class you're talking about is what my sons looking for, but not the distance. He works a lot of hours, and I don't want to go back to traveling long distances again to help him. I'd say the southern group sounds like a better choice for what he wants. Who do I get in contact with in southern Indiana?

Re: Advice on What Diesel Farm Class to Build for in Indiana and Illinois September 18, 2019 01:05AM
Goose Graves 812-384-6119 he will be glad to answer your questions.

Re: Advice on What Diesel Farm Class to Build for in Indiana and Illinois September 18, 2019 03:18AM
Thanks Dan. Does the class have a website or Facebook group with rules?

Re: Advice on What Diesel Farm Class to Build for in Indiana and Illinois September 18, 2019 06:39AM
Southern Indiana Farm Stock Pullers on Facebook. My email is graveskerry@yahoo.com. Be more than happy to send you what I have about our group.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,731, Posts: 229,864, Members: 3,332.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member WestonFarms