Twin track idea worth implementing (where possible) October 17, 2019 06:08AM
The Swank on Sports podcast is worth your time to listen to. Jeff Swank interviews usually two pullers each week. Last month, a legendary puller mentioned an idea that Mr. Swank subsequently mentioned to other pullers, and every one he asked thought it was a good idea.

The gist is: Smaller tire classes prefer a harder track, big-tire classes ( specifically modifieds) prefer a not-as-hard track. For a place like Bowling Green with twin tracks, when putting the track together, why not set up one to be harder for trucks, and the other less hard for tractors.

Several pullers you would all know endorsed the idea. While it may not be practical for every venue or situation ( and the classes scheduled in a given session are a factor), if it will help the pulles put on a better show for the fans, why not try it? You never know until it's tried.

Re: Twin track idea worth implementing (where possible) October 17, 2019 12:26PM
We have did that at are Ohio State pull the last few years. We build the tracks different, one for small tires and one for the big tires. It does help.

Re: Twin track idea worth implementing (where possible) October 18, 2019 03:12PM
Speed track and a power track. I thought I remembered them talking about it at tomah years ago?

Re: Twin track idea worth implementing (where possible) October 19, 2019 03:21AM
Well, now, we cannot discriminate against anybody, can we?! Yep, gotta make everything as equal for everyone as possible (liberal politics). More cookie cutter pulling scenarios.

What happened to the ingenuity factor? That includes the driver having to figure out the best setup of their vehicle for the track condition at hand. That way, no puller always get the 'upper' hand, from track to track (event to event). Also makes it more appealing to the spectator.

The proposal sounds like every pull will be about the same result every time. No appeal for spectator to go to other events. Just go to one because likely have about same result at all other events. BLAAHHHH!!!!!! BORING!!!!!!!!!! Can you say NASCAR?

Re: Twin track idea worth implementing (where possible) October 19, 2019 04:45AM
BORING,-- can tell that you have never pulled !!!!!!!!!!!!! You like others---- all think that thier opinion is all that matters.I always tell the know it alls thatthey should put on thier own pull and run it as they see fit and then address all the after flac

Re: Twin track idea worth implementing (where possible) October 19, 2019 06:58AM
Well, now, "xxx", you are the know it all. 100% wrong you are. Guys like you, there is absolutely no point in beginning to inform you of just what all I have done in a long pulling career. You obviously would not be able to properly comprehend it all. Because obviously you are one that knows it all. Never can have an intellectal conversation with anyone with a personality like yours.
And no where did I state my "opinion is all that matters". But apparently you cannot even comprehend I took a 180 degree opposite stance of "O. Michael" in order to enhance what could become a good thread topic. But of course, you have to ruin it already with your great liberal democrat ruin the other person statement, let alone their reputation. Such a great society we live in here today. Anymore, it is hardly worth participating in this chatboard just because of attitudes like yours. Have a good day.

Re: Twin track idea worth implementing (where possible) October 19, 2019 07:06PM
I ruin your day when you put your foot in your own mouth.Arrogance is a personality trait you seem familar with.Why is your opinion differeant from others,oh wise one.

Re: Twin track idea worth implementing (where possible) October 20, 2019 12:41PM
Boring,
Why would it be such a bad thing to build one track that would work better for the tractors to put on a better show and another track so the trucks can put on a better show. Granted a 2WD competitor should be able to set up their truck to work on any track but at the same time a 2WD will not put on a good show on a soft mushy track regardless of how good they are set up. A tractor on the other hand can put on a better show on a softer track than on a hard track. Why not try to take advantage of the two types of tracks to put on the best show for the fans as opposed to trying to make pullers prove they can set up for any kind of track?

S'no Farmer

Re: Twin track idea worth implementing (where possible) October 20, 2019 04:56AM
I think it is a good idea

Re: Twin track idea worth implementing (where possible) October 22, 2019 12:41AM
I am for this idea the only problem I see is what you are going to do when the small tire track gets done way before the big tire track because of entry numbers since there is usually a majority of big tire entrys

Re: Twin track idea worth implementing (where possible) October 22, 2019 05:16AM
Pro
I am for this idea the only problem I see is what you are going to do when the small tire track gets done way before the big tire track because of entry numbers since there is usually a majority of big tire entrys

I agree with you and thought of this same thing. With forethought and planning, any great potential imbalances could be somewhat anticipated and taken into account on the front end when choosing what classes to run in which session.

God gave us brains for a reason. This is not rocket science or brain surgery. My common sense tells me if a promoter decides to try this, they should keep it in mind when scheduling classes for a given session and schedule accordingly.

Re: Twin track idea at Tomah October 23, 2019 01:58AM
No offense to Tomah and their board, they put on a great show, but for this idea with different track surfaces to work, Tomah would actually have to put water in the track

Re: Twin track idea at Tomah October 23, 2019 03:11AM
Most places need to put more water into the tracks.Just saying,dust and loose is not fun for pullers or crowd.If wooried about getting too moist,leave a row of dry dirt on the edge to ultilize if too damp or wet.

Re: Twin track idea at Tomah October 23, 2019 03:17AM
I know that at Bowling Green they try and put the classes on the North side for one hook and the South side for their second hook. I believe that they do this so the fans will have equal viewing. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Twin track idea at Tomah October 23, 2019 07:01AM
been that way for the 45 yrs I been going to bg,,tomah ust to have triple tracks,and it was action packed

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,624, Posts: 229,684, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,897.

Our newest member JD_8520