Oliver frame November 07, 2019 12:46PM
Looking for advice on building a wedge frame for an 1800a. I'm wanting to build it from the axle housings, but I'm wondering if that will work without interfering with the brakes.

Re: Oliver frame November 07, 2019 02:30PM
You can always go to out board brakes. That's what I'm doing

Re: Oliver frame November 08, 2019 07:53AM
Why not just build a plate for rearend housing and have it bolt on. Easy maint. You will still need to support it there. No advantage to hooking it to housing.

Re: Oliver frame November 08, 2019 08:00AM
Like dsreed68 said, build off the front of rearend housing and then build round tube ladder bars to go to rear axles. This will be strong enough to support in case of brakage and also lighter the metal channel frame. Must of the cast rear tractors were built this way 10 years ago.

Re: Oliver frame November 09, 2019 01:32AM
If the OP builds it the way he proposes, he eliminates the need for tiebars which are required by some organizations. FWIW, Brad Maibach has built at least for tractor the way the OP has proposed.

Rich

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,687, Posts: 229,790, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,953.

Our newest member Jason