Question about the combined SS class at the NFMS, should they,,,,, November 13, 2019 01:43PM
I was going to post my 6 DSS and 6 alcohol SS. However I started to wonder should a 2 tractor team ( Chizek, Galot ) each have 2 tractors in the 6 selected or should each team be able to enter only 1 tractor, preferably the winner in each respective national organization? If both teams gets to compete with 2 tractors that only leaves 2 spots left for other alcohol SS.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2019 01:43PM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Question about the combined SS class at the NFMS, should they,,,,, November 13, 2019 02:50PM
My thoughts are, no team should be able to enter more than one vehicle at the Oldest and Largest Indoor Pull in the country.Only exception would be that there wasn't enough entrys to fill a class but that aint likely to happen, i would think that with all the entrys there wouldn't be a problem filling classes.

Re: Question about the combined SS class at the NFMS, should they,,,,, November 14, 2019 12:55AM
But...

They both have separate Drivers, and both are tops in the Division... so what do you do? Just my thought.

BB

Re: Question about the combined SS class at the NFMS, should they,,,,, November 14, 2019 01:32AM
I'm with Bob, if they are the best of the best how do you leave them off the list? You're punishing success simply because of ownership. If you're on the selection committee who do you leave home... Brent or John? Josh or Terry?

Here's my list:
GALOT
GALOT 2
Silver Bullet
A&D International Threat
A&D HD
NAPA Fully Loaded

Two V-8's and 4 inline 6's...

To me the diesel side is a very, very difficult class to pick. Who do you leave home? (I left Esdon off not based on performance, but because he hasn't applied in the past few years.)

Triple Bypass
Super Rooster
Red Horse
Legacy
High Tech Red Neck
Liv'n a Dream
Bone Twister
Lock-n-Load

I just can't figure out which two diesels to cross off the list. A couple of the teams ran a limited schedule but they are some of the best diesel tractors in the world so if they applied... how do you say no?

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Question about the combined SS class at the NFMS, should they,,,,, November 14, 2019 02:11AM
Only point i was trying to make was, it would give someone that wont necessarily get a chance to pull at Louisville, theres been several over the yrs pull there that wasn't at the top an knew they wouldn't have a good chance but they can say they've went down the track at the farm show.

Re: Question about the combined SS class at the NFMS, should they,,,,, November 14, 2019 02:16AM
I agree that it's cool to see some of the local/state guy run. It can really add to the show to see an "underdog" sneak in and have a monster pass. Most of the time those state/local guys still earned their way in by having a great season on their local circuits. So when it comes to the Open/Unlimited Super class who should we leave off the list and what dark horse underdogs should get in?

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Question about the combined SS class at the NFMS, should they,,,,, November 14, 2019 02:21AM
Way back when, even if you were competitive in multiple classes, you could only run 1 at the NFMS. Did that ever change as guys were winning multiple class championships with one tractor with the same or different engine combinations?

Re: Question about the combined SS class at the NFMS, should they,,,,, November 14, 2019 05:56AM
Years ago they had way more than 12 in a class since they have combined the class I would guess maybe more entrys for the one class?

Re: Question about the combined SS class at the NFMS, should they,,,,, November 14, 2019 10:26AM
Would someone please go back 20,15,10,and 5 years past and post the year after year deja vu list of the past pullers of the now getting Boring same O same O farm show Please post them

Re: Question about the combined SS class at the NFMS, should they,,,,, November 14, 2019 02:36PM
I agree with Chris G. With a combined class, nothing wrong with Jake's 14 picks. Pull them all. Perhaps add up to another 4 entries (who? - I don't know, it's too late to think!). And hopefully with an enlarged class, the purse is at least equally enlarged, too (and I do not mean at tail end of purse).

Re: Question about the combined SS class at the NFMS, should they,,,,, November 14, 2019 04:10PM
Just wondering
Would someone please go back 20,15,10,and 5 years past and post the year after year deja vu list of the past pullers of the now getting Boring same O same O farm show Please post them

The whole premise behind an invitational event is that the best of the best get invited to pull. Just like in any sport, the best of the best don't change much from year to year. In sports they change when competitors or teams decline with age, retire, or in the case of team sports key players get traded away. In pulling they change when pullers change classes, retire, or decline to compete.

The irony here is that the Farm Show pull HAS changed dramatically in the past few years, adding classes, (Light Pro and Limited Pro) bringing classes back (Mod 4x4), adding sessions for a class (LSS), and consolidating classes where they deemed appropriate (ULSS/DSS). If you think about it this is most diverse grouping of classes and competitors in several years just on paper and I have no clue who's in. I tip my cap to those who made it happen.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Question about the combined SS class at the NFMS, should they,,,,, November 15, 2019 01:38AM
Well said Bryan, the Farm Show pull has seen a complete makeover in the past few years and I commend them for that. They've done a great job breathing much needed life into the show. As Bryan said, many of the guys are the same in a few classes, however, it's not the fault of the committee that those pullers continue to rise to the top of their class summer after summer. Other classes have limited options and that's not the fault of the committee either. Personally I'm very excited about the changes they've made this year, the combined Superstock class alone has got me more excited about that class than I've been about either of those classes in a decade or so. It should be a very interesting class to watch.

Overall I think the pull is fresher and more exciting than it's been in a very, very, very long time.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Question about the combined SS class at the NFMS, should they,,,,, November 14, 2019 11:55PM
There is no doubt its gonna be awesome!

Re: Question about the combined SS class at the NFMS, should they,,,,, November 15, 2019 11:30AM
The only thing that needs changed now is to add the Mini Rods!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009