Heavy Metal Pulling Tractor December 11, 2019 04:11AM
Been watching some old ATPA videos on utube an saw a painted white heavy super 1066 that had a Brent Long setup in it, this was back in 2001, just wondering what ever happened to it.

Re: Heavy Metal Pulling Tractor December 11, 2019 06:03AM
Got destroyed in Macon years back. I think

Re: Heavy Metal Pulling Tractor December 11, 2019 06:53AM
Destroyed ? As in engine explosion or shop fire, beyond rebuildable?

Re: Heavy Metal Pulling Tractor December 11, 2019 07:07AM
I think Hirts bought the engine, dont know about the rest of it tho

Re: Heavy Metal Pulling Tractor December 11, 2019 08:32AM
Festus Haggin
Been watching some old ATPA videos on utube an saw a painted white heavy super 1066 that had a Brent Long setup in it, this was back in 2001, just wondering what ever happened to it.

Ray Idle from Ashland,MO...He was pulling in front of a prospective buyer at Macon,MO...I think a rear hub came unwelded? and the rpms went to the moon pitching out two rods.....The front was up and when it came down it ripped it off and ruptured the fuel tank...A huge alky fire started and they emptied all the fire extinguishers...They finally had to drag it backwards to get it out of the fire to get Ray off it...It wasn't pretty to see....I think Jeff Hirt ended up with some of it?

Re: Heavy Metal Pulling Tractor December 11, 2019 09:13AM
What is the link to the video

Re: Heavy Metal Pulling Tractor December 11, 2019 09:37AM
I was watching utube -- cape girardeau 2001 tpm light supers an unlimited supers an 4 wheel drive trucks - but this is not the video of the explosion.

Re: Heavy Metal Pulling Tractor December 11, 2019 10:02AM
gary1466
What is the link to the video

About 1-2 years ago there was a video on one of the old time facebook pulling forums showing the run at Macon..
It can be found by searching...I think that Marvin Mugler from Kansas posted it..

Re: Heavy Metal Pulling Tractor December 11, 2019 10:13AM
[www.facebook.com]

The video is on the Good Ol Days Of Tractor Pulling on facebook...Just do a search for Ray Idle..You will have to be a member to see it..

Re: Heavy Metal Pulling Tractor December 13, 2019 01:03PM
Tried going to that Facebook page but it wouldn't let me join the group. Suggestions?

Re: Heavy Metal Pulling Tractor December 13, 2019 02:46PM
Ray Idle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2019 02:52PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Heavy Metal Pulling Tractor December 18, 2019 02:14AM
Ray Idle and Brent long built one bad ass tractor. I loved watching it run. I was at Macon that night it broke. It was bad deal, I felt horrible for him. Ray is an extremely nice guy.

Re: Heavy Metal Pulling Tractor December 18, 2019 11:10PM
I watched the replay of that hook on ESPN. Ray was almost in tears when they interviewed him. It was an emotional deal and didn't seem like one of those just shrug your shoulders and rebuild situations.

Re: Heavy Metal Pulling Tractor December 19, 2019 07:26AM
That was one of my favorite tractors when I was a kid

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,734, Posts: 229,867, Members: 3,333.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM