Apex Turbo December 11, 2019 11:01PM
Has Salenbien started building turbos? Apex Turbos

Re: Apex Turbo December 12, 2019 11:12AM
According to the Facebook video yes he is

Re: Apex Turbo December 13, 2019 04:55PM
Bad decision with Hart's and Wimer having a good grasp on the market stick to the FIRE WATER @40 a gallon

Re: Apex Turbo December 14, 2019 12:00AM
With that mentality, pullers would only have Hypermax from 45 years ago. Competition between builders and choices for pullers isn't a bad thing.

Re: Apex Turbo December 14, 2019 12:37AM
The reason we need different turbo builders is because of the A,B,C list mentality. It gives a few more guys the opportunity to be on the A list somewhere. The fuel and air shops control their customers power. This started years ago

Re: Apex Turbo December 14, 2019 01:04AM
Amen! Never a truer statement! I’ve experienced this first hand. On the time it takes ,the power you make and the Price you pay!!!!!!

Re: Apex Turbo December 14, 2019 03:22AM
Can he be taken to court for false advertising? He is guaranteeing 20% increase over his competitors turbo. This is just another stepping stone to ruin pulling and drive the cost of the sport up. If everyone buys ones and gains the realistic 20hp gain due to smaller intake core, which has not been track proven for dependability. And everyone knows that has dynoed before, just because it holds up on the dyno will it take the abuse difference of running down the track. Everyone will still finish in the same spot on the track and have lined his pockets once again. Please people don’t be ignorant and think you are the only ones that will buy one.

Re: Apex Turbo December 14, 2019 04:02AM
I wish Ryan Salenbien success on his new turbo business. I completely agree with Andre Bedard, innovation and competition are a great thing for the development of new technology and it keeps the sport from getting stagnant. Will the Apex turbo be 20% better? Who knows. Will it be reliable? Who knows? That's the gamble all early adopters take with all forms of technology. It doesn't matter if it's a cell phone or a car, you take a gamble when you purchase something unproven. It's up to each individual consumer to determine the level of risk they are comfortable with. We shouldn't condemn those who choose to buy early anymore than those who wait a year or two to make sure the product is proven. We were all designed with different levels of risk tolerance.

As for taking him to court for false advertising... good luck, but you'll probably be paying his legal bills in the end. As with all claims by builders their are probably a very specific set of criteria that the 20% claim applies to. Will it be 20% across the board for all applications? No way. Could it increase 20% in one very specific application or in a theoretical/mathmatical model? Probably. Also, as for the 20% increase... increase in what? HP? Flow volume? Flow velocity? Volumetric efficiency? Air temperature (bad...)? Weight? Less saturated fat? What EXACTLY is the claim?

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2019 04:17AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Apex Turbo December 14, 2019 07:58AM
There is a APEX turbo in California. Is this Ryans turbo or a turbo from the company in California? The name is spelled the same, the logo is different.

Re: Apex Turbo December 15, 2019 01:35AM
interesting news
There is a APEX turbo in California. Is this Ryans turbo or a turbo from the company in California?.

Wheels @ PA

Center section @ IN

Re: Apex Turbo December 15, 2019 12:41PM
interesting news
There is a APEX turbo in California. Is this Ryans turbo or a turbo from the company in California? The name is spelled the same, the logo is different.
Different company altogether. Ryan owns ApexTurbo (note the lack of spaces in the name).

Re: Apex Turbo December 14, 2019 10:26AM
Thier a very nice piece !!

Re: Apex Turbo December 15, 2019 01:49AM
Ryan has spent several years developing this turbo it is not just an over night thought. As far as hart's and wimmer having a good grasp yes they do if u want a base stock turbo. But if u want to win. Take it to some one LIKE Ryan and have ur turbo modified. Doesnt matter what class he works with everyone. Now is it the best turbo out there? Only time will tell. But someone else will have a new one next year anyways. So if u dont want a new turbo from Ryan this year just wait till ur favorite brand of turbos comes out with a new one next year ...

Re: Apex Turbo December 16, 2019 02:21AM
I would agree that competition is a very good thing. Especially if it is good solid reliable product. That always seems to promote advancement in most cases. However I have a few questions or concerns. I was watching the video on Apex FB page. Brandon Hunt stated that Apex turbos were on there super that was on display. Well I’ll tell you my ears perked up. I know at Bowling Green and other hooks a certain turbo manufacturer was highly praised and thanked. Nobody can dispute the way that thing has been running as of late. I was unable to make the PRI show this year, so I Called a couple of buddies to get the skinny while they were there. Turns out Hunts super still running the same manufacturer’s turbo with name ground off cover. Yes they know turbos as good as anybody. I guess just maybe got caught up in moment or misspoke. But I’d say it’s not the best way to launch a product. Especially if it’s true from what I hear who’s cutting the wheels. Again I hope this works out. I for one love to see new improvements. Thanks.

Re: Apex Turbo December 16, 2019 04:56AM
Yes sir you are correct I did mistakenly answer that question wrong during the interview that Speed Shift TV came over and did with us at the booth. The guys at Wimer Fuel and Air have a very large part in the program on my tractor and I am proud of that. There was no ill will or misinformation meant during that interview, just a simple mistake that is not correctable in live TV. Jim and Steve are great guys that have been nothing but fantastic to both of our engine programs!!!!!! Good luck to everyone this winter and Merry Christmas

For Brandon December 16, 2019 10:26AM
Looks like the the turbo is a good idea. What kind of testing has been done so far? In what classes (SF, 4.1, prostock)? I understand your don't want to let out to much information but just wondering if you could share what kind of testing has been done for some of theses classes.

Re: For Brandon December 17, 2019 02:44AM
There has been some dyno testing done but obviously not all classes and sizes have been covered. I helped work the show as a friend and don't know every single detail. My best advice would be to get in touch with Ryan directly and visit with him to see what would best fit your program. Visit the website apexturbo.com and give them a call, they are great people and will be happy to speak with you.

Re: Apex Turbo December 16, 2019 05:32AM
I personally think all of this negative backlash is laughable. Not only is it laughable, but it shines a light on a huge underlying issue in the sport of truck and tractor pulling where innovation or technology is frowned upon. So many times, I hear people complaining about the purse at events or the lack of interest in the sport. This post on this forum is a prime example of why both of these things are lacking. In a place where innovation, improvement, or change is discouraged, it is very hard to gain any new interest or diversify the sport at all. Brent Payne's pro charger on his mini comes to mind as a recent example. I don't see why someone with a new idea is discouraged whatsoever. If it works, it works, I highly doubt that the Salenbien's would release anything that isn't what they say it is. I saw on their website that they actually had dyno to back up the HP gains they advertised, so it obviously worked at least once in that application. I also think that if you were to talk to them they would say that they have seen 20% hp gains not guaranteed. Personally i think the reason they went to the PRI show was to gain interest from the other industries as well. Pulling is becoming a stagnate industry where competition and innovation is discouraged. How great would it be to have a place where people brought each other up instead of tearing them down or dragging their name through the mud out of jealousy or ignorance?

Re: Apex Turbo December 16, 2019 11:54AM
While I firmly believe that engineering and innovation are a natural part of all of motorsports. With all of the talk of EFI, differing turbos, blowers, etc. It's endless as to all of the combinations, as to where a puller can spend their money.

This all said, when do we say when, to keep the needless spending at bay for just a little bit to let the sport grow and attract new pullers. Not to mention, the clubs need to up the damn purse! Or we can just keep doing what we are doing and create more classes once someone becomes a poor loser.

Re: Apex Turbo December 16, 2019 01:33PM
If the clubs need to up their purse, are you going to open up your check book and write out a check to help make that happen?

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Apex Turbo December 16, 2019 10:11PM
Harts has sold tons of these Ryan copies theirs!

Re: Apex Turbo December 16, 2019 11:09PM
Do you think Hart’s came up with it on their own? They copied Mark Colberg’s Exaust wheel and expanded from there.

Re: Apex Turbo December 17, 2019 06:42AM
They don’t have the tricks that Ryan does, their wheels are definitely not the same.

Re: Apex Turbo December 19, 2019 02:14PM
Brent Yaron
If the clubs need to up their purse, are you going to open up your check book and write out a check to help make that happen?

Spot on, Brent. Put up or shut up.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009