Pullers and Pulls of the Decade 2010-2019 December 17, 2019 06:06AM
It's funny how the past 10 years have flown by and 2020 is just around the corner. A conversation with Dick Morgan inspired this post, to get a sense of who and what were the best and brightest of 2010-2019. No answer is wrong; just defend your choices.

Puller of the Decade: This one is hard to pick but just on sheer championships it's Brian Korth in LSS. Multiple titles in PPL and NTPA cannot be ignored.

Pull of the Decade: Again, hard to pick. For this pick I guess I need to choose a specific year. For indoor pulling it is hard to beat the 50th CTP in 2018; Wayne Sullivan and Don Masterson getting the finals win in Mod and PS, and a very emotional win in LSS for Jacob Fuqua. Outdoor, BG in 2010 (may have been 2011) in the Saturday session, especially during the Unlimited Mod class. It was my first or second time there and the "magic" of BG became apparent with the sound of the crowd with every pass in the class. It was amazing.

Share your thoughts, there have been a lot of good posts recently, this is an opportunity for more.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Pullers and Pulls of the Decade 2010-2019 December 17, 2019 07:02AM
Bryan, for me the 2018 LSS win by Jacob Fuqua was so special. And The win by Carlton Cope in the 2013 PS class was also a memorable moment. And the DSS class with the great run the the Shameck team had and now the Ross team is also very interesting to me. And the consistency that the Petro's have had for the last 10 plus years in a very tough class of TWD is also praise worthy.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2019 07:06AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Pullers and Pulls of the Decade 2010-2019 December 17, 2019 07:22AM
Mine is the 4.1 class and how many pullers are in it now

Re: Pullers and Pulls of the Decade 2010-2019 December 17, 2019 12:36PM
Wow! Hard to believe Cope’s win was 6 years ago already. I remember heading north on 71 back to Ohio on Sunday morning and passing Cope’s hauler. I remember thinking what a great feeling that must have been to haul the championship trophy north across the Ohio River, especially for a Perkins in a class dominated by BBJD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2019 12:38PM by Stretch.

Re: Pullers and Pulls of the Decade 2010-2019 December 17, 2019 03:59PM
Korth/chizek would be my pick for team of the decade. Lemke winning the pulloff at tomah a few years back was an insane pull/class. Hillsboro is becoming a heck of a pull. The rise of the ppl over the decade is probably the biggest story in my opinion.

Re: Pullers and Pulls of the Decade 2010-2019 December 17, 2019 11:52PM
2012 at the Fort was probably one of the most memorable pulls for me in this decade. I am not normally a big mini fan but that show, particularly Friday night was just unbelievable. They were hooked up and flying...!

Re: Pullers and Pulls of the Decade 2010-2019 December 18, 2019 12:09AM
Definitely Carlton winning pro stock. That moment is etched in my memory like no other pull.
Secondly Jason Hootman laying 2 ABSOLUTELY PERFECT runs in back to back years to just squeak by the money team. Probably the most impressive runs I can remember.
Thirdly Jacob Fuqua doing the same thing a few years later, equally as impressive. Such an emotionally charged moment.

Wish i could go back and sit and re-watch these moments again in real time.

Re: Pullers and Pulls of the Decade 2010-2019 December 18, 2019 12:43AM
Mine was I believe 2015 Bowling Green Saturday night PS class. Philip Parish laid down a nice run and they decided to restart the class. He came back at the bottom of the class and took it out for a 3 way pull off between Boersen and Walters. Had to make a 3rd run just minutes after the his second run and laid down a picture perfect pass for the win.

Re: Pullers and Pulls of the Decade 2010-2019 December 18, 2019 04:01AM
For its historic importance, imho the Pull of the Decade was the BG 50th Anniversary pull a few years ago.

For Puller, one name that has been near or at the top the entire decade is Randy Petro. How many GN titles has ge won?

Re: Pullers and Pulls of the Decade 2010-2019 December 18, 2019 08:54AM
To each his own I guess but the 50th at BG was terrible. It could have been great but it wasn't. They let the track dry out to run the legend's. And there was no crowd sunday after noon. The Hillsboro show is one of the best shows now. They have done very good making it better every year. And the number of winter pulls is another good thing.

Re: Pullers and Pulls of the Decade 2010-2019 December 18, 2019 03:20PM
Lets not forget what bret berg has done in the mod class in the last decade! He has put on a Clinic!!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009