Prostocks turbo limit change December 26, 2019 07:27AM
Does anyone know what the average sizes of the 10000 lbs prostocks turbos have been this last year since they put a limit of 6 inch on them now effective immediately?

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 26, 2019 02:46PM
5.8-6

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 27, 2019 12:38AM
Why outlaw a Titanium wheel? Titanium is strong and durable. Have some of them been built and if so, by who?

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 27, 2019 12:58AM
They come out of the impeller housing in tiny shards. Lighter and harder than steel or aluminum titanium wheels do not break they shatter.

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 27, 2019 04:48AM
Was told the titanium wheels may even destroy the compressor housing, adding to the shrapnel.

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 27, 2019 05:03AM
I think that there was some builders that were working on 7 in or bigger turbos and there was even talk about a 8 inch being developed, not sure about that one. Just needed to stop before it got were only 2 or 3 pullers were left.

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 27, 2019 05:14AM
With the 6” rule how many pullers will actually have to downsize if any? I’m sure there are a few pushing that size already but I think it’s a good move to put a limit in place , at least it’s a respectable size .

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 27, 2019 11:22AM
I know of one puller who was over the 6” inch turbo size.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 27, 2019 12:51PM
Brent , care to share who? I have a good guess as to who it may be

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 29, 2019 03:34AM
Team One, it was the Hart’s.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 27, 2019 02:15PM
Word has it there was a 6.3 at Bowling Green

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 27, 2019 05:56AM
Dirtfarmer
Was told the titanium wheels may even destroy the compressor housing, adding to the shrapnel.

There's several stock Holset turbos that come with titanium intake wheels. Those turbos also use a cast iron intake cover rather than cast aluminum! Titanium does not bend/flex very well and when it does it typically explodes!

[www.ulmerracing.com]

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 27, 2019 06:31AM
Wow looks like Doug had some good insight to the future with turbo limits in the Pro Stock class. Good call Doug, it is nice to be a leader and not a follower.

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 27, 2019 08:08AM
Peter T.
Wow looks like Doug had some good insight to the future with turbo limits in the Pro Stock class. Good call Doug, it is nice to be a leader and not a follower.

Good point...... However Doug set the Outlaw prostocks at 2400 HP The current 6.0 turbine limit will be in the 4000-4500 HP area.

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 27, 2019 08:22AM
most 4.1 class are pushing 2600 hp..thats why the 4.1 class cant jump in the prostock class

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 27, 2019 12:40PM
To sad, huh?? To my knowledge limited pros and light pro's are allowed to pull in pro stocks.

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 28, 2019 12:22AM
A Light or Limited Pro can’t hold a candle to a heavy Pro is what he meant

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 28, 2019 02:08AM
That’s not what he meant. In outlaws a 4.1 can’t jump in the prostock class. That’s what he meant

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 28, 2019 10:25AM
Why do they stop a 4.1 tractor from pulling against a much more powerful 5 inch machine. Makes no sense other than they would give some of the pros all they wanted? Therefore "ruining " the "Big Prestigious" power class. That in turn makes some wonder why have 2 different classes when they are so closely matched? Just wondering. Thanks

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 28, 2019 11:58AM
4.1 tractors runs a cast rear end whereas a true pro runs a component chassis.

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 28, 2019 12:02PM
They have a box turbo rule in the pro class. Prior to 2020 anyway you couldn’t enter the class unless you had the specified turbocharger

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 29, 2019 06:42AM
Box turbo rules are to benefit the turbo shop supplying the box turbos. More politics.

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 29, 2019 08:31AM
Why is it always the pump or turbos getting the limits? Wanna know what’s making tractors less interesting. The lack of variety and ingenuity. When 90% of class has same engine block , turbo and pumps ( built by same builders). What’s the difference going to be? Paint, tin work maybe. If you don’t think the majority of crowd can’t see or hear others talk, well your sadly mistaken or in denial. What has been and always will be out of haNd class killer is cubic inch. I don’t understand why nobody can come to reason with this. There are supers out there holding 1,000 hp over PS together. Nothing different than cube ( more iron left in block). There is 10 times the color over sea in tractor class. I personally would love to see 510 with no fuel or turbo limit for grand national and say 5 inch and no billet Pump for regional hooks. But because we have some stupid obsession with cubic that was way to big to begin with. The color, ingenuity , and interest will probably keep declining.

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 29, 2019 11:20AM
A 540 cubic inch limit in the big Pros would be a g real good starting place

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 29, 2019 11:25AM
We already have that class, it's called Light Pro Stock

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 29, 2019 11:39AM
Had to start somewhere with a limit but whats next do we limit Coolers and Fuel or drop weight or Bore and stroke limits or Intake sizes and lean more towards a nascar style and type.. I have always wondered what if they all had the same engines and chassis specs would it be more as to drivers ??

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 29, 2019 11:52AM
They are already there 95% are Big Block Deere.

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 29, 2019 01:20PM
I'd bet if a 510 would go, half the pro stocks would go there.Lowering the C.I. limits the valve size which limits turbo which limits the fuel all on its own that way builders, owners and fans all get to see and try different things.. Increases different players, increases different design, increases competition , increases fans. Open up the Grand Nationals and limit the regional's. So if grand national guys want to pull local. They have to run same pump and charger of other guys. Most of them,but not all probably can afford to do that than Regional guys trying to stay up with GN guys. Last but not least knock the weight way down. That will also limit the H.P. need on its own. Probably see a lot more driving styles.

I know we have 540 already. I think 510 is better fit than 540 for all brands. Remember not all run green and Red.

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 29, 2019 01:36PM
The real problem is everybody lines up to spend big money for a few more hp, and there's no fixing that. You could limit ci and we spend on chargers, pumps, and making the motor more efficient. Look at nhra pro stock, it never stops and never will.

I agree the motors never shoulda been over 540 because most brands could get there but you'll still have issues with the ford and allis staying together with unlimited fuel and air even that small.

Suppose we did have a "sealed" box spec engine in a class for every color to use, how would that work?

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 30, 2019 01:27AM
Leon, the answer to your question is: Boring!

But that is pretty close to what we have today in pulling anyways.
Really does not matter what rules are for any class, at any level of pulling, be it sanctioned or local brush.
The pullers know what engineering works best in their respective class.
So they spend (since most can really afford to) to achieve the ultimate.
Pretty much makes for 'cookie cutter' vehicles in each class.
So what really makes the difference at the pull.
Track condition, if it is changing during the class, which then determines the driver's final things (s)he has control over such as: air pressure, hitch height, gear selection, throttle response coming off line, which part of track to utilize and driving abiltiy.
That is the fun part to watch.
Then boredom time ensues for how many minutes before the next puller?

Unfortunately, the days of early pulling homemade ingenuity are long gone.
When money really started pouring into a vehicle (the '90's) , that is when class participation, at least on the big NTPA circuit, really started to wane.
Perfect examples are SSD and any of the UNL classes.

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 30, 2019 09:29AM
Last I checked Massey made 540 de-cube or even 510. same with oliver. Its not less color. You wouuldnt happen to be leading impeachment trial would you?Smiling
You can do better than that

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 30, 2019 06:26AM
So at 510 cube you leave out the v8 Massey, v8 Oliver, some moline and the big block Deere with out major modifications? Sounds like less colors to me!

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 30, 2019 10:56AM
bigblock
So at 510 cube you leave out the v8 Massey, v8 Oliver, some moline and the big block Deere with out major modifications? Sounds like less colors to me!

Theres several V-8 Masseys pulling PS in Europe..The V-8's can decube....There are no true MM's pulling PS...No need for any big block JD's as there are plenty of 466's around...You need to watch the European Pro Stocks on youtube as its the most color you will ever see..They put on a great show..

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 30, 2019 11:53AM
510 or 540 pro stock would be a much better class and would make a great future for the class. I also agree with you guys. More variety and more tractors is what makes a great class, not a class full of big block deeres.

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 30, 2019 01:24PM
So just watch the light pro class? Not a hard concept, both classes exist. I prefer the big pro class, numbers are still good in that class, why run it down?

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 31, 2019 01:02AM
540 cubes drop weight to 9000 lbs 30.5 tires

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 31, 2019 01:40AM
So you want to add 500lbs to the light pro's and have them run bigger tires?

I'm just not sure why people want Pro Stock to go away? Light Pro Stock already exists if you don't want to run the big cubes. Pro Stock is not an entry level class. If there is any class that should lose cubes, it's probably Super Farm.

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 31, 2019 02:52AM
I think the PS class should be 8500pounds, 540, 4.5 turbo and be noncomponent. And maybe rename Lite Pro. Or how about this. Leave the PS class alone because No buddy is going to take there 680 and decube it. Limiting the turbo at 6 inches will keep the PS going at the national level.

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 31, 2019 02:59AM
"What if", everyting you just stated is Exactly what we have: A Lite Pro and a PS class. Interestingly, the rules for both classes are literally the same for both NTPA and PPL. What more do you want?

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 31, 2019 03:23AM
Gee ya can't get nuttin by you. Is there really that class already?????

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 31, 2019 03:42AM
Happy New Yrs, -- it looks like many that post on here have had some decubing done and it ain't on the engine.

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 31, 2019 06:47AM
Does anyone know how many ProStock are in all of pulling that are running a turbo that is close to 6 inches

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 31, 2019 07:19AM
Define "close to 6 inches". Would that be 5.9; 5.8; or maybe 5.7 or 6.1. I think that describes about 98.9% of today's PS tractors. JW

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 31, 2019 07:10AM
I can’t give you a number, but most of them.

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 31, 2019 07:34AM
Or you could just fit a 510 Perkins? You do know there are 3 versions, 510, 540 and 640?

Re: Prostocks turbo limit change December 31, 2019 10:12AM
Just leave things alone and Bring Pro's back to a 5" intake and Limit the Exhaust side also. That will bring big money down and guys on a budget both running together. If they don't time will fix it for everyone! Pro numbers will keep dropping and 540 Limited's will keep increasing. It's exactly what has happened to OSS.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,738, Posts: 229,877, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,989.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM