Data logger opinions January 01, 2020 09:45AM
Who has the most user friendly and quality in data acquisition

Re: Data logger opinions January 01, 2020 09:57AM
RPM Performance Products

Call Bryan Conner 660-292-4075

Re: Data logger opinions January 01, 2020 10:05AM
I second the RPM and Bryan Conner

Re: Data logger opinions January 04, 2020 05:01AM
I will also agree Bryan Conner has the best price and A LOT of knowledge.

Re: Data logger opinions January 04, 2020 05:27AM
Give cody Mckinley a call with corsa. Have had a corsa for 20 years and very satisfied

Re: Data logger opinions January 06, 2020 03:30PM
Cody McKinley with Corsa data. Best logger with the best customer service. Rpm was ok but Corsa is on another level.

Re: Data logger opinions January 06, 2020 11:10PM
Please let us all know what "another level" is on logging and displaying data? I'm sure you can make it look all fancy and techie.....doesn't change a damn thing about the information or what it means, what you do with it. And are we on the same playing field for price? If not, and if it happens to be more, what exactly are you getting for the money?

Re: Data logger opinions January 06, 2020 11:38PM
We have ran an RPM data logger with a dash for a couple of years and have gotten along pretty well with it. I look at it as the RPM being the economical version that does the bare necessities and does them well. However, if you are looking for something to analyze wheel slip, turbo speed, crank case pressure, and many other things that most people do not usually log, then Corsa is the way to go. The best thing about Corsa is that Cody continues to innovate and come up with new ways to help the puller analyze different data and think outside of the box to help them get an advantage. Another advantage is that the Corsa allows you to transfer your logged data via Bluetooth instead of having to hook a cord to it like the RPM data logger.

Re: Data logger opinions January 07, 2020 01:31AM
So pretty much as I surmised......its all about the bells and whistles and techie stuff. No real additional functions.

"However, if you are looking for something to analyze wheel slip, turbo speed, crank case pressure, and many other things that most people do not usually log, then Corsa is the way to go."

You do realize these options are available from RPM as well? The actual logging of data between the two systems is no different. The options you mention are available. Spec the system for the data you want and it will all be there. I'd even be willing to bet they would give you an option for your fancy ass Blue Tooth connection (which has no bearing on the function of the system or the information it is recording).

I fail to see what is so "superior" with the Corsa system. Not saying it isn't a good system, I'm sure it's fantastic.

Care to show the price of them heads up so we can see the difference?

Re: Data logger opinions January 07, 2020 03:22AM
I have contacted both rpm and corsa and both offer what sounds to be the same data functions and both Randy at rpm And Cody at corsa are very knowledgeable and great to talk to. But since Cody has been around tractor pulling his whole life I think he might have a better handle on what all goes into the whole big picture of tractor and truck pulling. However his system with the options I want is $5000 compared to the rpm system with the same options is $2730. So it's quite a bit higher. Have not made my decision yet. 1 thing about the cosa over the rpm is it is completely weatherproofer and rpm is not. not sure that's worth the extra cost but its something to keep in mind. Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions.

Re: Data logger opinions January 07, 2020 03:28AM
Excellent information!!! Thank you for the thorough explanation. You make great points that are very valid, and have also proved the cost-benefit argument I was making. I can definitely understand the years of experience argument for the corsa side.....that is worth something for sure. The water proof thing is also significant.

Are both Dash assemblies water proof or do we know? That is a very important point.

Both great systems in their own right. Life is about choices! Winking

Re: Data logger opinions January 07, 2020 05:35AM
They're all way over priced considering the actual amount of hardware and software that's involved.

Re: Data logger opinions January 07, 2020 10:57AM
Rpm dash is not waterproof but corsa is

Re: Data logger opinions January 07, 2020 11:54AM
I agree with Mike P. I have an extensive electronic background. There are much cheaper alternatives if you know what I know about it. However I do realize there has been time and money spent doing research and development in creating these devices. It's just like everything else in life, the price of items are dictated by what the market will bear. If people stopped buying these things, I promise you the prices would drop drastically as well as more competition in a given market will also bring prices into check. As time goes on other companies will produce new lines of equipment and corsa and others will be forced to be more competitive. I'm sure that Rpm and others will improve their products and if they keep their prices in check, they will soon be the logger company of choice. It's just a matter of time. Another thing is they all sting you on sensors and accessories. They have the prices on these items Way overpriced! Again if you understand electronic components you can save a bundle. Just my 2 Penny's. Best of luck to new and upcoming logger companies, as well as to corsa and others.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,720, Posts: 229,841, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,970.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro