top lube January 13, 2020 06:13AM
Is there any clubs the don't allow pullers to use additives for lube of any kind in there diesel or alcohol fuels and water injection. How long will it take before failure of valve guides, water pump, fuel pumps etc. If the club has this rule does it (the club) take responsibility for the damages caused by this rule. Or does the puller take the chance at being caught and kick out to protect their investment? Is this rule justified?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2020 06:44AM by IHC686.

Re: top lube January 13, 2020 09:15AM
In doing research on other clubs rules, we find NONE that specify no lubricant allowed in the fuel or water. IMO, Lubricants are not designed to enhance performance, but rather prevent mechanical failures. It is also my opinion that if a club is going to mandate competitors not be allowed to protect their equipment properly, then there is, or should be, some degree of liability on the clubs part. Oddly enough, in ISP, this one class is the ONLY club class where this rule has been imposed. Lubricant, in water injection, will not hinder H2O from freezing to test for presence of methanol, so what's the purpose of disallowing it? A high pressure pump typically used in water injection requires lube, without proper lube, this pump will fail in a very short period of time. I'll let a qualified engine builder speak to the use of top lube, but in very much the same way, it is merely an additive to protect an expensive engine from suffering the damaging affects of methanol. This club should rethink their position, seek advice from their attorney and professionals in the performance business, and not let a few individuals control the entire club.

Re: top lube January 13, 2020 09:21AM
There are several clubs who only allow spec fuel and water with no additional additives allowed in either.

Re: top lube January 13, 2020 09:26AM
Who are the clubs?

Re: top lube January 13, 2020 09:28AM
Outlaws, PPL western, and several others

Re: top lube January 13, 2020 09:34AM
Just checked PPL, and Outlaw... they both allow lube. As does NTPA, ITPA, Badger (part of Lucas), and so on. Can't find one that doesn't. That's crazy that anyone wouldn't allow lube!

Re: top lube January 13, 2020 12:04PM
I can’t agree with you more as someone who has a dog in the fight I’m very concerned with longevity of the water system components corroding leading to plugged nozzles leading to catastrophic engine failure. Same goes for the top lube in the fuel for what it costs it’s pretty cheap insurance to keep in the fuel system in good shape! Rules like this are definitely not in the best interest of the organization, promoters and fans!

Re: top lube January 13, 2020 02:58PM
IHC686
Is there any clubs the don't allow pullers to use additives for lube of any kind in there diesel or alcohol fuels and water injection. How long will it take before failure of valve guides, water pump, fuel pumps etc. If the club has this rule does it (the club) take responsibility for the damages caused by this rule.

The club should not take the responsibility for the rule that is in place if damages occur to a motor. It might not be the best rule, but it is the rule and if some one can't abide by that rule and tears something up then that is THEIR problem and not the clubs.

Re: top lube January 14, 2020 12:51AM
So would you run your tractor without any top lube or water lube Clark?

Re: top lube January 14, 2020 12:58AM
We were thinking the same thing! Can't imagine you Clark, or anyone who has so much invested in their puller, willing to "knowingly" damage your expensive ride! Forces you to face a decision: Pull legal-damage your equipment ~ Add lube and risk disqualification ~ Leave the club you love to pull with and miss some very good friends. Look at this scenario as if you were being affected!

Re: top lube January 14, 2020 02:58AM
No I wouldn't to answer your question. Like I said, I didn't say it was a good rule or that I agreed with the rule. That wasn't the question I was answering in the op. The question I was answering to was does the club take responsibility for damages that are incurred by the rule. And I can't imagine someone not running lube in their water injection. The first thing that will happen is rust. That'd be worst not running top lube in an alcohol motor. If that's the rule, then that's the rule but get it changed. And I know, that's probably easier said than done.

Re: top lube January 14, 2020 03:45PM
Thanks, we agree. It should've never been a rule to begin with. There's a reason no other organization has a similar rule. It's just something that shouldn't be done... running without lube. You don't in a chainsaw, string trimmer, outboard engine, e.t.c.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2020 03:46PM by Brooks Pulling Team.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,760, Posts: 229,921, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,094, Posts: 226,019.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM