IPL Pulling January 15, 2020 10:32AM
After seeing the IPL Hot Farm class at Cloverdale. I had my doubts, but I am very impressed with their equipment and professionalism. While I did not go there to watch the HF class. I believe those guys put on a better show than any SF class I've seen.

Now I don't see the IPL HF guys ever being a GN caliber class. And if ask a few of the pullers they probably don't want to have to criss-cross the country chasing a measly points check. After all from the outside looking in, I believe that is why IPL has such a good thing going.

My question to IPL is; Where do you go from here?;
Do you continue to grow your schedule and surpass the quickly becoming defunct HSTPA with your offering of more classes to your promotors? (i.e. SS/Combo new for 2020)
Or do you call upon John Mears and get assistance from Lucas Oil to further your horizons and take over their Silver Series role?

This isn't a bash towards HSTPA. It's just simply an observation that HSTPA is no longer what it once was and its apparent that NTPA isn't funneling any dollars or effort for that matter, towards it. Wicih in turn, has opened the door for IPL to truly "Make Pulling in Indiana Great Again".

Re: IPL Pulling January 15, 2020 09:16PM
I have been pulling with IPL in hotfarm class since 2015. It's a great group to pull with. What makes the hotfarm class great is color and close competition.as a a whole package deal, mods , diesel trucks and combo class, 10 mph farm ( is really taking off) , I don't know where you can get a better show for the buck! With 25 hotfarm hooks I'm to busy to chase them all, but see nothing but good in their future.

Re: IPL Pulling January 15, 2020 11:45PM
Well said Old Fan

From someone that promotes 3 IPL shows a year and helps out with a couple others you cant get a better show for the buck! The whole organization is great to work with and always go out of the way to help the promoter. Coming from the other side being someone that also pulls with them I cant say enough good about IPL from a pullers view.

With that being said I dont think they need to run to PPL or NTPA to try to sanction with them, they do just fine on their own and I believe they will just keep gaining steam in the pulling world.

Great Job Richard and Crew!!

Re: IPL Pulling January 16, 2020 05:39AM
Old Fan thanks for the kind words. We were happy to help sponsor the Hot Farm class at Cloverdale. That class is very competitive and a crowd favorite with us.
As far as where are we going we are comfortable doing 25-30 events a summer. If we start doing much more than this and it will become a job not fun. As it is now we are able to do this on our own and will continue to do so as long as we are having fun. The new classes are an unknown for this year but look promising.
Thank you Tim and Zach for the atta boys too.

Making Pulling Great Again!!!
Indiana Pulling League

Re: IPL Pulling January 16, 2020 05:59AM
I have to say im impressed to see them give the heavy supers a place to go with the new combo class,it will be new to us with the drawbar adjustments but i think it can be done we will be doing some testing before hand to try and figure it out,if it wasn't for connersville having heavy supers hstpa heavy class would have died last year,mostly due to lack of support from the sanctioning bodies.
Looking forward to giving this a shot ,thanks IPL.

Re: IPL Pulling January 18, 2020 01:38PM
I participated at one of IPL events last year, I have been involved with the sport in one way or another for the last 15 years, either as a promoter or for the past 10 as a participant. I totally agree that IPL is a class act. The level of acceptance and the friendliness from the group is unparalleled with any other association I have pulled at over the years. I hope to make many more of their hooks this year.

Re: IPL Pulling January 19, 2020 12:08PM
Does anyone get the feeling that the IPL guys was drinking beer together instead of going to Gordyville sitting around the table patting there self on the back just seems weird over the timing of this post, Pretty sure IPL bought there way into cloverdale and trying to take the credit not bashing anyone here just stating the facts pulling has a lot of clickey/politics involved but agreed it was one heck of a class did ppl or anyone else get a chance to sponsor the class

Re: IPL Pulling January 19, 2020 01:41PM
I’m pretty sure had it not been for the invite to cloverdale I don’t think any IPL member had intentions of doing any indoor pulling this winter so calm down stimey, your brewing a

Re: IPL Pulling January 19, 2020 01:44PM
A storm that your not prepared for..... my last post got edited

Re: IPL Pulling January 19, 2020 01:50PM
Well, Stimey,
1. What members of any pulling organization does NOT sit around and drink beer together?
2. IPL was a partial sponsor for the class, not the only one. And the promoter was looking for sponsors actively, IPL stepped up and helped the promoter make it happen.
3. The participants were NOT solely chosen by IPL. The hot farm guys are a great, close friend group that support each other in many different events, and this all came together when a different class was dropped by the promoter.
Nice attempt to sound smart, but you dont have a damn clue as to what really happened here.

Re: IPL Pulling January 20, 2020 12:46AM
Looking forward to a great 2020 pulling season with IPL. Keep doing what you are doing- making pulling great again!

Re: IPL Pulling January 20, 2020 02:25AM
Goose, you're an important part of it too! Thank you too!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,778, Posts: 229,950, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009