Farley, IA pull January 17, 2020 10:34AM
PPL has Farley, IA listed on their 2020 champions tour schedule. It looks like a top notch pull, and I love the classes selected for this 2 day event. I think this pull is great for fans, especially in the lower Midwest. I am from Northeast Missouri, and any opportunity to have a champions tour pull or grand national pull closer to home, is big news for me!
That being said, I cannot help, with all due respect, to have some curiosities. The Simon family has flown the NTPA colors for as long as I can remember (presumably their whole careers). I think they have campaigned their turbine mod on the PPL circuit at times. The new big PPL pull in their hometown, combined with their active off season (I think they are selling quite a few vehicles) makes for some very fun table talk between my buddies. Are they committing to PPL? Are they running both circuits? Are they downsizing the blowers on their light unlimited, adding a motor, and running PPL modified? Are they going all in on the turbine? Will we all have to just wait for spring to roll around and see?

Re: Farley, IA pull January 17, 2020 01:13PM
Running PPL Champions Tour for Two Wheel Drives and Super Modified Tractor. Switching setup on one of the Light Unlimited tractors to run the Super Modified Tractor class. . They sold Ol' Blue to Kentucky and will run the state circuit there.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Farley, IA pull January 18, 2020 02:10AM
lol

Re: Farley, IA pull February 03, 2020 02:25AM
Its great to get an event near to a good bunch of 2 wheel trucks in that area and its only 50 min drive from the Blackbourn HQ

Re: Farley, IA pull January 17, 2020 03:01PM
My father has worked for Simon's in the past, and I know them well, and from what I have heard and know, they have the Walsh Bros. running the turbines in ppl, while they are still competing in NTPA. Yes, they did sell Ol' blue, but they still have the old dirt challenger, the two light unlimiteds, and Dirty Pearl, Simon Sez Chevy, and Simon Sez Dodge. I think they still have the cenpeco t bucket, but I am not for sure. They are having Walsh Bros. run the turbine for them in PPL, because Walsh Bros. also are using one of Larry Roberts' old turbine.

Re: Farley, IA pull January 18, 2020 12:05AM
I do believe that their dirt track where the pull will be held is part of the Lucas Racing Series, that may have something to do with it, but this is just a "Guess"

Re: Farley, IA pull January 18, 2020 03:55AM
Simon's dirt race track is a great facility to stage a large scale tractor/truck pull at. I was there 2 years ago for their spring 'brush' pull. Lots of room for everyone - haul rigs, staging, spectator parking and seating.
At that time, pulled west to east on a double side by side track. Grandstand on south side of track. Entrance road on south side of grandstand and only a .25 mile west of US 20 at Farley. Very spacious Pit entrance on east side of race track / west side of Simon's large ag fertilizer business.

Re: Farley, IA pull February 03, 2020 01:37AM
Yes we are very excited to be putting on a 2 day event here at our 300 raceway in Farley IA June 12-13! Brought to you by Roeder Implement and Case IH! We have free camping on site come out for a great weekend and a good time! We have an event center on site we have a band Friday night after the pull in our Milestone event center! We look forward to seeing everyone here!

In 2020 Simon Sez Motorsports will be running a full season with the PPL in both the Super Modified Tractors and Super Modified 2WD Trucks. This will be a big change for us but the pullers that run PPL are a great group and we look forward to running with them!

These are the classes we chose with the team at PPL based off of there other hooks through out the season this seemed to be a good fit did we want to have more of course but we can only have so many and still have the show over at a decent time! Thank you everyone for understanding!

Super Modified Tractors
Unlimited Super Stock Tractors
Super Stock Diesel Trucks
Light Weight Super Stock Tractors
Super Modified 2WD Trucks
Mini Rods

Attached is a copy of our full race season! We are trying to make our 2020 season our best season yet!

Re: Farley, IA pull February 03, 2020 03:50AM
Like everything else that the Simon Sez Motorsports team does I'm sure that this event will be nothing but a top notch, well run event. The list of classes is very impressive to say the least.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Farley, IA pull January 20, 2020 02:33AM
what are classes

Re: Farley, IA pull January 20, 2020 08:21AM
Per the PPL website, 2020 PPL Champions Tour Schedule

Super Modified Tractors
Unlimited Super Stock Tractors
Super Stock Diesel Trucks
Light Weight Super Stock Tractors
Super Modified 2WD Trucks
Mini Rods

---

Re: Farley, IA pull January 28, 2020 04:47AM
Not sure the sanctioning body set up It appears that Goshen and Farley are the two "super pull" like events on Champions tour. Is there another big venue all class event I'm missing?

Re: Farley, IA pull January 28, 2020 05:28AM
Hillsboro.

Re: Farley, IA pull January 28, 2020 06:55AM
Hillsboro and maybe Henry?

Re: Farley, IA pull January 28, 2020 01:41PM
Why isn't there any diesel tractor classes like Limited Prostocks or Prostocks scheduled to run at Farley Iowa?

Re: Farley, IA pull February 03, 2020 05:55AM
Since this is a race track anyone know what kind of track they put together at this event. Interested in it. Thanks.

Re: Farley, IA pull February 03, 2020 12:42PM
This is a dirt race track. Don’t quote me but I believe it is mostly yellow clay. Been years since I have been there but from what I remember it can be a power track. I would compare it to Tomah and Hillsboro if it gets prepared right. Hope that helps

Re: Farley, IA pull February 04, 2020 01:24AM
Hallelujah

Re: Farley, IA pull February 04, 2020 01:33AM
Here is the Friday night video playlist from the pull there in 2018

video: [www.youtube.com]

---

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,648, Posts: 229,717, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,068, Posts: 225,907.

Our newest member JD_8520