live feed quit January 17, 2020 12:19PM
get this fixed!! not working again...

Re: live feed quit January 17, 2020 01:03PM
It's been fixed. This was out of our control and had to do with something with the service used to host the live stream.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

"The new American Way" January 17, 2020 01:26PM
This seems to be typical of the way things are these days. Everyone wants to pass the buck. Not take responsibility for anything, always blame someone else. "This was out of our control " Well it's not out of your control to take peoples hard earned money for a service and to top it off, Not deliver! See in the real world if you are say a contractor and hire a sub which would be in this case your service provider, you as the person getting paid to do a job. You will be held accountable to deliver said product for the price you charged. Then in turn if you make things right, it is up to you to go after your sub for reimbursement. When it comes to a live event, well it's kind of hard to make it 100 percent right without giving your customers a refund. Somehow I think this won't happen though. Anyway that's all I got to say about it. Sorry about the rant, however when you charge a over premium price for something, you should be able to deliver and not place blame on others on your own team. Best of luck.

Re: "The new American Way" January 17, 2020 02:07PM
We literally couldn't do anything about it. We had to completely restart our broadcast with a new broadcast because the service provider wasn't able to get the issue solved either. They aren't sure why what happened happened, but it did. We didn't change anything from the original 3 live streams we had already done. The issue has been fixed and hopefully it won't happen again. Otherwise, we will have to find a new provider for the live streams. Everyone that bought the original live stream has had a reimbursement initiated and will see it within a couple days. If not, then they can reach out and we can make sure to take care of it. It's up to them, and any others, if they wanted to purchase the new, working, live stream.

Brent Yaron

Re: "The new American Way" January 17, 2020 02:15PM
Thumbs up!

Re: "The new American Way" January 18, 2020 04:01AM
Brent Yaron
We literally couldn't do anything about it. We had to completely restart our broadcast with a new broadcast because the service provider wasn't able to get the issue solved either. They aren't sure why what happened happened, but it did. We didn't change anything from the original 3 live streams we had already done. The issue has been fixed and hopefully it won't happen again. Otherwise, we will have to find a new provider for the live streams. Everyone that bought the original live stream has had a reimbursement initiated and will see it within a couple days. If not, then they can reach out and we can make sure to take care of it. It's up to them, and any others, if they wanted to purchase the new, working, live stream.

Sounds like you are doing everything you can to make it right. That’s all you can do. I won’t hesitate to stream again next year if I can’t make it in person!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2020 04:01AM by Stretch.

Re: "The new American Way" January 18, 2020 02:32AM
Pull Fan
This seems to be typical of the way things are these days. Everyone wants to pass the buck. Not take responsibility for anything, always blame someone else. "This was out of our control " Well it's not out of your control to take peoples hard earned money for a service and to top it off, Not deliver! See in the real world if you are say a contractor and hire a sub which would be in this case your service provider, you as the person getting paid to do a job. You will be held accountable to deliver said product for the price you charged. Then in turn if you make things right, it is up to you to go after your sub for reimbursement. When it comes to a live event, well it's kind of hard to make it 100 percent right without giving your customers a refund. Somehow I think this won't happen though. Anyway that's all I got to say about it. Sorry about the rant, however when you charge a over premium price for something, you should be able to deliver and not place blame on others on your own team. Best of luck.

#okboomer

Re: "The new American Way" January 18, 2020 06:58AM
Huh???

Re: "The new American Way" January 18, 2020 07:23AM
Sorry but they have your money , and then oh my - theres problems - oh oh out of our control,, yup,, just raped all the ppl paying for it and couldn't do nothing about it,, what a joke ,,,

Re: "The new American Way" January 18, 2020 07:31AM
youz payz your moniezzzzzz and takes a chance, tech world problems,you subscribed too,like putting all personal info on the net,-why are you surprised when compromised !!!!!!

Re: "The new American Way" January 18, 2020 08:06AM
What do you mean we raped people paying for it? They had a reimbursement initiated and left it up to them if they wanted to repurchase it. We had 85% of the original purchasers buy it again.

Brent Yaron

Re: "The new American Way" January 18, 2020 10:07AM
Brent Yaron
What do you mean we raped people paying for it? They had a reimbursement initiated and left it up to them if they wanted to repurchase it. We had 85% of the original purchasers buy it again.

Well Brent,it looks like Dana didnt even bother to read all of the posts....I see this all the time on other forums...

Re: "The new American Way" January 18, 2020 11:29AM
Brent, thanks for clearing things up. Unfortunately technical difficulties happen and as we rely more and more on technology we expect it to be perfect all the time and that's a very, very unrealistic expectation. Sound like everything was handled correctly and rectified as best as possible.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: "The new American Way" January 18, 2020 12:14PM
Agreed! Thumbs up.

Re: "The new American Way" January 19, 2020 01:41PM
Dana
Sorry but they have your money , and then oh my - theres problems - oh oh out of our control,, yup,, just raped all the ppl paying for it and couldn't do nothing about it,, what a joke ,,,

I’d be pretty interested in paying for a live stream of you actually having the stones to say that to Brent (or any of the rest of the Gordyville staff) in person.

Except that you wouldn’t, because you’re a coward.

While I’m thinking about it, don’t use the word rape in that context ever again.

Re: "The new American Way" January 19, 2020 11:49PM
The Dana in this thread is not Dana Strickland.

Re: "The new American Way" January 20, 2020 07:52AM
Hey Dana next time you come out to one of our PPL Western Series shows, look me up I'll get squared up with you. I have several in your Owensville, Missouri area. Sorry about your bad experience.Regards Klint

Re: "The new American Way" January 20, 2020 01:13PM
That’s class, right there. I don’t know Klint from Adam, but when a guy gets on here and tries his best to make things right after getting bashed left and right for a mistake that was likely COMPLETELY out of his control. That shows real character. That’s a guy I’d like to see succeed and I’d certainly root for. Way to go Klint. I’m going to make it out to Gordyville one of these times.

Klint, like I said I don’t know you, but thanks for working hard to put on...what sure looks like a great event. Good luck to you. Thanks for what you do for the sport of pulling.

Re: "The new American Way" January 20, 2020 01:22PM
Suburban Farmboy

#okboomer

Wow. That was rude.

Re: "The new American Way" January 20, 2020 03:27PM
Just goes to show their level of maturity. Probably an entitled millenial. I've heard other kiddies make that statement. Must make them feel good? Idk?

Re: "The new American Way" January 20, 2020 03:34PM
Also shows they have no respect. Especially after reading some of his or her, other posts. People tend to show what kind of person they are just by simply moving their lips, in this case typing on a keyboard their small thoughts.

Re: "The new American Way" January 21, 2020 12:46AM
It amazes me how us humans can show the whole world just how the mind does or doesn't work with simple pokes on the key boards. The old saying goes,"WE ARE OUR OWN WORST ENEMY". As noted above,some posters seem to have a pattern in the way that they reply.Spring will be here soon,January is almost gone.I have said it before for all the people that over critic someones elses decisions, - to put on their own show.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009