Gordyville High Price January 17, 2020 12:23PM
Wonder why Gordyville live stream prices are so much more than an event such as Cloverdale which was only 25 per session? Due to the higher prices. I cannot afford to buy it. I'm sure they would have many more buyers if the price were more in line with the rest of the world. Just my opinion. Maybe when things start to fall off, they may adjust the pricing to get back everyone they lost due to high prices. Same goes for competition cost to compete. Maybe some day?

Re: Gordyville High Price January 17, 2020 01:04PM
Numbers are the same as last year for live stream numbers.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Gordyville High Price January 17, 2020 01:28PM
What about competition vehicles?

Re: Gordyville High Price January 17, 2020 01:40PM
I would have bought it at 25 a session too,I cant justify 40 a session tho

Re: Gordyville High Price January 17, 2020 01:49PM
Agreed! They have ticket prices same as Bowling Green, and no where near the same caliber of event. I'm not saying it's a pull you shouldn't attend, I'm only saying it is overpriced in my opinion. I've been there in person and enjoyed myself, however dont plan to go back for the costs associated with doing so. Almost like some small community festivals that charge more than state fairs do for admission. Same difference.

Re: Gordyville High Price January 17, 2020 02:19PM
I'd be curious about gate admission numbers too, if you dont mind sharing that with us? Thanks

Re: Gordyville High Price January 17, 2020 02:24PM
I'm not sure about gate numbers, but crowd size is as expected.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Gordyville High Price January 17, 2020 02:43PM
It’s tractor pulling in January in Illinois during an ice storm. Wish I could be there, but we’re calving.
Be glad Klint is willing to stick his neck out to put this on. If you think you can do it for less, have at it. I bet you could rent it if you offered more than Klint.

Re: Gordyville High Price January 18, 2020 07:17AM
Like anything else nowadays, its always the excuse- prices are higher for us , whine whine and cry,, dear lord we need more money,, pretty much like a church

Re: Gordyville High Price January 18, 2020 12:36PM
Dirtfarmer, if you think Clint is putting this pull on just to accommodate pullers, or just for the common good of pulling in general, you are fooled! He is not rolling the dice for anyone but himself. Trying to make a payday. Just like the rest of the world, nobody goes to work every day just for the common good of the company they work for. They go to work for that paycheck, just like Clint is doing it for the paycheck. That's Clint's choice just like the common workers choice to go to work. Nothing against clint or anyone else. I appreciate what Clint is doing! But let's not pretend anyone is doing anything just because they love it or some other reason. It's for the paycheck! Not saying he doesn't enjoy doing what he does, I'm just saying take away the paycheck and see how long they love it.

Re: Gordyville High Price January 18, 2020 02:15PM
Common one
Dirtfarmer, if you think Clint is putting this pull on just to accommodate pullers, or just for the common good of pulling in general, you are fooled! He is not rolling the dice for anyone but himself. Trying to make a payday. Just like the rest of the world, nobody goes to work every day just for the common good of the company they work for. They go to work for that paycheck, just like Clint is doing it for the paycheck. That's Clint's choice just like the common workers choice to go to work. Nothing against clint or anyone else. I appreciate what Clint is doing! But let's not pretend anyone is doing anything just because they love it or some other reason. It's for the paycheck! Not saying he doesn't enjoy doing what he does, I'm just saying take away the paycheck and see how long they love it.

HUH? Do you actually know KLINT? Or in your words, "Clint".

Re: Gordyville High Price January 19, 2020 12:32AM
Don't buy it then? Nobody cares about your whining. $75 for Cloverdale vs $200 for gville, look at the number of hooks vs the price. 6 sessions full of tractors compared to 3. It's really not that hard. People on here like to complain just for the sake of complaining and it's sickening. If you can't afford it then maybe should go to work instead of being on here anyway.

Re: Gordyville High Price January 19, 2020 05:59AM
Common one

It's "Klint".Eye Rolling

Re: Gordyville High Price January 19, 2020 09:02AM
I guess I'm just out of the loop...
Am I wrong or was the live stream the same price as the gate admission last year?
Was the live stream $40/session no matter if you bought all six sessions?

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Gordyville High Price January 19, 2020 06:20AM
Never implied he was doing it for any reason other than to try and make a buck. My point was, if somebody else thinks they can do it and charge less, have at it. If you haven’t ever promoted a pull, and I have, for many years, you have no idea what it costs to put on a pull. With January weather in Illinois, his risk of having a small crowd is higher than a pull in July.
Hope he made enough money to do it again.

Re: Gordyville High Price January 18, 2020 01:04PM
This comment is not Dana Strickland from Galot.

Re: Gordyville High Price January 19, 2020 02:13AM
Cloverdale = 146 hooks $75 for 3 sessions ÷ 146 = 51 cents per hook to watch

Gordyville = 420 hooks. $200 for 6 sessions ÷ 420 = 48 cents per hook to watch

Which is more expensive? It is about perspective it seems.

If you get a buddy or buddies to help purchase either package, it gets cheaper, per person, of course.

Know who got the raw deal? the people who stayed up late to watch a 40 second MMA fight for 65 bucks last night.

Perspective folks, perspective.

PS: Common one I've typed and deleted a response to you 3 times, but I keep thinking whatever reasoning I try to offer just won't cut it...

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Gordyville High Price January 19, 2020 03:29AM
Ya,- 40 seconds of anticipation, then -------------done and out, Mc Gregor is a bad a**.

Re: Gordyville High Price January 20, 2020 08:48AM
Good answers to all questions and involved,, must have been quite an extravaganza,

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,736, Posts: 229,872, Members: 3,333.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,986.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM