New york tractors February 01, 2020 10:49PM
What classes are the New York pullers having this year? Do the limit pros have there own class now? What about diesel and alky? Is the schedule out yet?

Re: New york tractors February 03, 2020 11:50PM
ask richie what's good for him .

Re: New york tractors February 04, 2020 12:39PM
You’re right he makes all the decisions anyway

Re: New york tractors February 05, 2020 12:10AM
I know there are several 4.1 tractors being built or are already built. They are expecting their own class. Several ran with the SS class last year.

Re: New york tractors February 05, 2020 11:42PM
Nothing changes because the people involved don't change. Spineless pullers are at fault for all of this. They have allowed 1 or 2 people run that club for far too long.
And new blood? Forget about it. Incestual at it's best

Re: New york tractors February 06, 2020 02:55AM
why can't I see 2 classes
1 SS tractor class with diesel and alcohol pull together with only maybe 2 different weights the big tires
1 tractor class that has 1 turbocharger and small tires with 1 or 2 different weights

Re: New york tractors February 05, 2020 07:15AM
NYTPA seems to be going down hill at a record speed.
How many different tractor classes do the need?
SF
SS diesel
SS alcohol
SS combo
now this 4.1 class

Let me guess they can all pull in 1 SS class at all different weights?
What a Joke

If 1 tractor can pull in another class and to even the field up just let them add weight then why in the hell cant it work the other way?
hey SF guy you can pull in the SS combo class and to make sure it is fair you can add 500 more pounds that will equal it up.

then why can't a SS pull in the SF class and take off 500 pounds?

Joke all a big Joke

another joke

SSD 8500
SSA 7700 or 8000 or 8500
SF 9000
4.1 9500

Yup these are the weights that NYTPA allowed all the tractors to compete at in the same class.
6 different weights for 1 class. Tell this to the scale guy &$%$

Re: New york tractors February 05, 2020 03:41PM
Sam Bam, this combo scenario works fine in other parts of the US. But, then, everything for half a century has always been a (selfish / bullheaded) controversary in NY, same as the east versus west NY scenario has always been. Cooperation is a key ingredient !
The combo tractor class is an interesting class to watch. In additon to your 5 tractor classes, we also have PS and Light PS added in the combo class. Very interesting what the event pulling result will be. Be open minded and entertain it as part of your sanctioned class lineup.

Re: New york tractors February 06, 2020 02:48AM
One thing is why are the true SS tractors getting shut out.Can I take a diesel SS tractor and pull in any other class but at less weight?
breaking the classes up like the Diesel ss and the alcohol ss has now become 3 classes just nuts.
but if you are a SF how many classes can you pull in?
every buddy can pull with the Diesel SS class plus they get extra weight... except the alcohol tractors...

Re: New york tractors February 06, 2020 05:22AM
One thing I have never understood is why would a promoter choose a diesel only class or a alcohol only class. I would to think that a promoter that has no agenda would always take the combo class.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: New york tractors February 06, 2020 06:13AM
Its the club that sells the class. It they don't want to pull there then we'll send the alcohols for a $1000 less. Fair thinks they got a deal until 3 show up.

Re: New york tractors February 08, 2020 12:02AM
J BeGone
Its the club that sells the class. It they don't want to pull there then we'll send the alcohols for a $1000 less. Fair thinks they got a deal until 3 show up.
More like setting classes up for failure, and blaming it on the class!!

Re: New york tractors February 07, 2020 01:14PM
The Alcohol tractors in nytpa are they 504 or unlimited alcohol tractors? From looking at the weight differential I assume it must be unlimited Alcohol?

Re: New york tractors February 07, 2020 01:39PM
They are legal 504 LSS push rod motors

Swampy's muskrat den. February 08, 2020 01:57PM
Swampy you seem pretty sour towards NYTPA. Instead of sitting here bashing them with your useless incorrect facts, why dont you focus your time and effort into finding the correct helmet instead of your daughter's bicycle helmet so you can pull next year.

Re: New york tractors February 10, 2020 05:37AM
Nine 4.1 LPS hooks on the 2020 tentative schedule

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2020 05:37AM by nyspullnut.

Re: New york tractors February 11, 2020 01:13AM
That's a lot of hooks for only three tractors unless more were converted. Two Audet and one McKnight

Re: New york tractors February 11, 2020 04:34AM
I have a hunch there will be several more.

Re: New york tractors February 11, 2020 07:02AM
So there's 9 guaranteed hooks for a class with only 3 committed entries but there's only 5 events for the diesel pickups that regularly drew 10 competitors?

Re: New york tractors February 11, 2020 11:11PM
Maybe because the diesel truck class was not a very exciting one to watch? Perhaps there were several more committed to converting from the SF class? This is what I suspect

Re: New york tractors February 12, 2020 12:43AM
I certainly hope that its because there are more commitments from tractors, The fact that its boring is an opinion of many long time tractor pullers but ya know what brings the younger generation out to the pull? Diesel pickup trucks

Re: New york tractors February 11, 2020 07:03AM
Can a super stock diesel pull in that 4.1 class with a 1000 pound less weight?

Re: New york tractors February 14, 2020 11:01AM
What's going to happen to the superfarm class in New York? Most of the superfarms moved up to the 4.1 class. I understand it's still available but herd it will be all mod turbos, super farms don't stand a chance and they don't want to run against them anymore. Will it eventually be a mod turbo class?

Re: New york tractors February 14, 2020 10:46PM
I’ve heard they have a few more 4.1 committed. They will have likely 5 to run the circuit. East coast did it right when they added light pro. That’s a more fitting class for pulling in the eastern part of the country. There are 50+ tractors (mod turbo) from Virginia to New England that fit and are one winter update season from being light pro. As someone on the fringe of NY or east coast, I think when it’s time to update to a new class, we will pick light pro over 4.1, and if NY pullers had the option, I feel many would too. I never felt the need to lobby for it in NYTPA because We can’t commit for a full season so therefore I wouod look pretty hypocritical. That could eliminate the sf/mod turbo combined class and still give people some more power And even some reliability, not to mention a class more prevalent east of Ohio and seemingly dozens of places to pull in the mid Atlantic

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,685, Posts: 229,787, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,952.

Our newest member Jason