WTPA Hot Farm February 04, 2020 04:02PM
When will we see WTPA pick up the NTPA hot farm class?

Re: WTPA Hot Farm February 05, 2020 01:21AM
I was at the meeting in December and there was no mention of it. If it’s something that a group of pullers wants...they should probably come to the meeting and say something. I do know that Mid-State Pullers is having a hot farm class this coming year, not sure on any exact details but somewhere in the 11,500# range I believe. Maybe if there’s success there, those teams will propose the class for WTPA?

Re: WTPA Hot Farm February 05, 2020 01:33AM
I know, being at the board meeting, there is concern that it starts stretching thin the number of hooks each class gets the more classes they would have. Currently the WTPA has roughly 15 events a year and 9 points classes. Those 15 events aren't going to be booking all 9 classes. More like, they will have 4-6 classes for the majority of the events and a few that will fall in the 7-8 classes range. The only way I see them adding another class at this point is if more promoters and events step up to have the WTPA there. I believe all but 3 hooks are on a Sunday (Bloomington, Medford, and Ridgeland). Plenty of Friday nights open throughout the summers, and I do believe two weekends are open in the summer as of now, July 24th-25 and August 7th-8th. So to answer your question, I don't think you'll see the Hot Farm class until more events are on the schedule, but like Brad said, come to the Banquet in December and propose the class. The worst they can do is say no.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: WTPA Hot Farm February 05, 2020 02:28AM
Would the ntpa hot farm rule's even work around that area. I thought that they used totally different engine set up than ntpa hot farm,or ppl Midwest, I could be wrong

Re: WTPA Hot Farm February 05, 2020 08:02AM
mid state is goin to have a hot farm class with bigger turbos and will pull around 8700lbs. see how that works!

Re: WTPA Hot Farm February 05, 2020 12:01PM
U still didn't answer the question interesting what does 8700 do with bigger turbo it's still not ntpa hot farm how do you expect the class too go anywhere when you can't come up with rules.

Re: WTPA Hot Farm February 06, 2020 02:50AM
NTPA Hot Farm rules are the same as PPL Hot Farm rules, which are pretty similar to other Hot Farms in WI. My opinion is that all Hot Farm classes should agree with using the same rules especially because they aren't much different from one another. NTPA and PPL set the standards now other clubs should follow them. Hint hint to Badger State

Re: WTPA Hot Farm February 06, 2020 03:24AM
Badger state hot farm class is loaded. Seems like their rules are working just fine.

Re: WTPA Hot Farm February 06, 2020 03:59AM
Could be even more if they made minor adjustments

Re: WTPA Hot Farm February 06, 2020 05:01AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't NTPA/PPL/Badger state all the same now? Or very close..... 466, 3x3, no cooler, open rpm's, 20.8's ect.....

Re: WTPA Hot Farm February 06, 2020 05:17AM
With hp numbers supposedly reaching the 1400hp mark my question is does the cubic inch rule get enforced? Seems like lots of pony for a 466.

Re: WTPA Hot Farm February 06, 2020 06:00AM
Badger state has anywhere from 15 to 18 tractors running the class. Pretty solid numbers for a state sanction. Doesn't seem like they need to change anything. WTPA doesn't have any class with numbers like that.

Re: WTPA Hot Farm February 06, 2020 06:07AM
There were multiple events last summer for Badger State that had more than 20 tractors in the Hot Farm class. And you're right, currently, WTPA doesn't have a class like that, but the LLSS class may be getting there soon.

Brent Yaron

Re: WTPA Hot Farm February 06, 2020 06:14AM
It may sound like a stretch for 466 to have those HP numbers, but I’m telling you it’s a fact. Believe it.

Re: WTPA Hot Farm February 06, 2020 06:29AM
You are correct the Badger State guys have good numbers have put on one hell of a show. I just looked up their rules. The difference is they are 510 CI +-1% with a map ring respectfully.

Re: WTPA Hot Farm February 06, 2020 06:52AM
I get that but....I’m guessing they don’t get checked because there’s only one way to do that..... I’m betting there’s some big uns’ out there. If there’s no checking then there should be no limit....

Re: WTPA Hot Farm February 06, 2020 06:54AM
I hear what you are saying now.

Re: WTPA Hot Farm February 06, 2020 07:34AM
Ntpa hot farm is 510 cubes 3x3.5 turbo

Re: WTPA Hot Farm February 06, 2020 08:59AM
Beating this to death, but if you really want to see the difference between ntpa,ppl Midwest ,IPL hot farm watch some of the pulls, just because ih,JD made 466's.
I know for a fact ntpa,ppl Midwest, IPL have at least 6 different color tractor's in there group and it makes it very interesting and on any given night they all can be on the top.Let just try and come together with a set of rules

Re: WTPA Hot Farm February 06, 2020 10:34AM
badger state is 466 limit

Re: WTPA Hot Farm February 06, 2020 12:21PM
Yes, it's 466. Attached are the rules for Badger State Hot Farm.

Brent Yaron

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,633, Posts: 229,697, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520