No Bull Truck and Tractor Pull @GALOT: Puller Lucky Draw Contest February 10, 2020 09:22AM
NO BULL TRUCK AND TRACTOR PULL @ GALOT MOTORSPORTS PARK MAY 29-30: PULLERS’ LUCKY DRAW​​​​​
GALOT will randomly select one (1) puller from each class to select two (2) contest envelopes from forty (40) envelopes. Each class will have their own set of forty envelopes with two lucky logos. If that puller successfully picks the two (2) lucky envelopes that puller will win……. $25,000.00​​​ ​​

Re: No Bull Truck and Tractor Pull @GALOT: Puller Lucky Draw Contest February 10, 2020 10:19AM
Is this planned for the Saturday night show? I assume fireworks and music to follow.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: No Bull Truck and Tractor Pull @GALOT: Puller Lucky Draw Contest February 10, 2020 10:42AM
Leaning towards during the appreciation lunch that we always do on Saturday.

Re: No Bull Truck and Tractor Pull @GALOT: Puller Lucky Draw Contest February 10, 2020 11:54AM
That is a good idea.

Re: No Bull Truck and Tractor Pull @GALOT: Puller Lucky Draw Contest February 10, 2020 12:23PM
Is there going to be a rain date for the pull?

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: No Bull Truck and Tractor Pull @GALOT: Puller Lucky Draw Contest February 11, 2020 08:26AM
Dick, we will not have a rain date. If Friday night gets rained out then the winners will be decided on Saturday. If we pull on Friday and Saturday gets rained out then the money will go to Friday’s winner. We have some of the best track builders in the country and I have seen them fix a rained on track that nobody ever thought we would be able to pull on and it end up being one of the best tracks ever. We will do everything reasonably possible to pull.

Re: No Bull Truck and Tractor Pull @GALOT: Puller Lucky Draw Contest February 12, 2020 01:45AM
Ben-GALOT
NO BULL TRUCK AND TRACTOR PULL @ GALOT MOTORSPORTS PARK MAY 29-30: PULLERS’ LUCKY DRAW​​​​​
GALOT will randomly select one (1) puller from each class to select two (2) contest envelopes from forty (40) envelopes. Each class will have their own set of forty envelopes with two lucky logos. If that puller successfully picks the two (2) lucky envelopes that puller will win……. $25,000.00​​​ ​​

Someone feel free to check my math, but these randomly selected pullers will have a 0.0625% chance of winning $25,000. You have to like those odds (from a promoter standpoint)! Regardless though, it is great that even more money is up for grabs!

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

To Mr. Wells February 12, 2020 05:21PM
What would make it even more interesting and attractive, would be to have the 2 envelopes each have a $12,500 ticket, so you could have a 1 in 40 shot to win $12500, then a 1 in 39 shot to grab another $12500! That to me would be a lot more Interesting! I hope Mr. Wells will consider this. By the way Mr. Wells, Thank you for your passion for the sport and what this is doing for it!

Re: No Bull Truck and Tractor Pull @GALOT: Puller Lucky Draw Contest February 12, 2020 06:33PM
I'm sure the GALOT folks would welcome you to sponsor the drawing if you would like! Then you could set it up any way you would like and make it as interesting as you wish.

Re: No Bull Truck and Tractor Pull @GALOT: Puller Lucky Draw Contest February 13, 2020 01:20AM
John Murray
Someone feel free to check my math, but these randomly selected pullers will have a 0.0625% chance of winning $25,000. You have to like those odds (from a promoter standpoint)! Regardless though, it is great that even more money is up for grabs!

Just to appease Jake, I did a quick refresher on my statistics and I will freely admit that I was wrong. (:

[2/40] x [1/39]
0.05 x 0.026 = 0.0013
0.0013 x 100 = 0.13%

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: No Bull Truck and Tractor Pull @GALOT: Puller Lucky Draw Contest February 13, 2020 03:37PM
If you have a 2 in 40 shot, why do you only have a one in 39 shot on the second draw? Especially if there are 2 winners left in the mix of 39?

Re: No Bull Truck and Tractor Pull @GALOT: Puller Lucky Draw Contest February 14, 2020 02:02AM
Because after you draw your first logo you have to draw the matching logo to make a pair. If you have 20 sets of 2 logos and you draw one, you had a 1 in 20 chance of getting that logo, or 2 in 40 chance if you break it down to all 40 logos. Now you have to get the matching logo and since you already took one out of the pool, 40-1=39, you have a 1 in 39 chance of getting the matching logo.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009