Lustik breaks internet February 10, 2020 12:50PM
In case those without Facebook haven't seen this...
Everyone be safe headed to the Farm Show.

Bryan Lively February 10, 2020 03:49PM
So you post about Lustik “breaking the internet” but no one can comment about it?? What’s the point ? I’m not sure why he is being such a winer about it after all he killed his own class by being a big part of banning the 903 tractors, then wants to drag the diesels into it ? They don’t want to run against him just like he doesn’t want to run with the 903s.

Re: Bryan Lively February 10, 2020 04:31PM
I shut the comments off because the first comment went off topic and a nameless, anonymous, category 5 fecal hurricane would eventually erupt. My bad! Sooooo....

Obviously I misjudged the reaction that the photo would get--because IT IS witty AND funny--in my feeble opinion. I came here for a good time, not to throw stones at any puller about any thing. If you're that passionate about the 903 issue, post again--with your real name--so all parties can know exactly who you are. I am all for class-building, not class-killing and the improvement of the health of the sport at every level. It's in my literal job description.

THAT ALL BEING SAID, I am geeked out about the diesels and alky tractors going head to head this week, hence my sharing of the photo....Let's have fun this week!

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Bryan Lively February 10, 2020 11:17PM
I think both have the same maximum cubic inch limits. What either fuel competitor builds their engines cubic inches to, at or under the max. is their decision.

Re: Bryan Lively February 11, 2020 01:12AM
Jake I am aware of the Chizek Daddy Dave incident, but you can’t tell me they weren’t going to get pushed out eventually anyway, and as far as only losing 2 tractors that’s not the case, there are now 6 tractors not competing in the NTPA wether it be because of differences between Chizek and Dave or the rule change or “clarification” doesn’t really matter at this point, what I am getting at is the sso class had lower numbers, lower than ssd and then a few pullers collectively decided to push them out? Not really helping their own cause but then beg for a combo class that the diesel guys aren’t particularly interested in, that doesn’t make sense to me but as they say if you can’t beat them ban them.

Re: Bryan Lively February 10, 2020 04:46PM
Aren't the alkyd 110 cubes bigger than the diesels ??

Re: Bryan Lively February 10, 2020 11:34PM
Patches, I would say most are. But diesel have the 650 option with less pressure stages.

Alcohol, Diesel, and the 903 February 11, 2020 12:33AM
Team one
after all he killed his own class by being a big part of banning the 903 tractors...
Changing the rules to ban the 903 did NOT kill the class, to say otherwise is a gross misunderstanding of history.
  1. The two, (2), TWO, yes that's right, only two 903 powered tractors that were NTPA regulars had already left the NTPA BEFORE the rule change. Yes, before the rule change. You probably think that rock and roll has sucked the last two decade because Elvis died! Yeah, he died a long time before the last two decades, and the tractor left before the rule change!
  2. If a class can't afford to lose two vehicles then that class is already in some serious, serious trouble. A healthy class should be able to sustain the lose of such a small amount of vehicles. Three vehicles total if you count Hirt who made a few hooks a year. That's a class on life support!
I've been on record for over 20 years stating that there aren't enough tractors for two classes. I've been told countless times that there are new ones being built. Neither the diesel Super class or the alcohol Super class has EVER been healthy since the split. Not ever! The numbers have always been terrible, especially since PPL picked up the Alcohol class, there just aren't enough for two circuits. They need each other or they will both die.

As for the alcohol tractors having more cubic inches, yes they generally have 110 more cubic inches. They also generally have 2.5-3 times the boost pressure so that might help offset the difference in displacement a tiny bit.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2020 12:36AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Alcohol, Diesel, and the 903 February 11, 2020 03:08AM
A 650 cubic inch overhead cam diesel SSJD was built to compete it was immediately outlawed. Fred H spent a lot of time and money and after he showed what the potential was it was outlawed. He was told he could run with the alky SS now what he can run in the combined class, really?

Re: Bryan Lively February 11, 2020 07:30AM
Team one, I am not going to argue about this but if I remember correctly, Chesik’s tractors had already left NTPA and pulled points with PPL a whole season before the rule change was made. Mr. Terry and Josh are great competitors and good people but they have been beat by Jordan as well as other Alkeys.

Re: Bryan Lively February 11, 2020 08:26AM
Dana fair enough, but if everyone can beat them why ban them?

Re: Bryan Lively February 11, 2020 10:39AM
It was my understanding that NTPA thought it would bring more SSO back from PPL because maybe they could be competitive but not one single tractor has come back. That in itself tells me that they must like pulling with PPL. This is just here-say. I don’t know this for a fact. I do think people are wrongly accusing Jordan. I have never heard him complain of pulling against the 903s. And Jordan was in the winner circle last year in Louisville!

Re: Lustik breaks internet February 11, 2020 03:22AM
When this all blows up, just remember that all you know-it-alls without a dog in the fight caused it. Forcing guys to pull in classes they don't want will not work. And the silver bullet should win a pull against the alkys before he starts calling out the diesels.

Re: Lustik breaks internet February 11, 2020 03:34AM
Grubby,

Any chance you happened to see the results of the NFMS SSO class last year?

Re: Lustik breaks internet February 11, 2020 05:31AM
Perhaps Lustik has decided if half the class were diesel it would not be as hard to be a winner in Louisville

Re: Lustik breaks internet February 11, 2020 10:24AM
On the plus side the numbers for 2021 pro stocks and light pros are expected to rise

Re: Lustik breaks internet February 11, 2020 11:04AM
Grubby,
Just curious,who do you think these know it alls with no dog in the fight are? No one can force anyone to hook a class they dont want to hook. The organizations make the rules not people on web sites.

S'no Farmer

Re: Lustik breaks internet February 11, 2020 09:33AM
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but they have already combined the class years ago. The Diesels could hook with the whiskey burners anytime they wanted!! Some have chose to over the years at differnt events but only a select few. Combining the alcohol and the diesel ss tractors is not a new idea or concept. They already are combined!

Re: Lustik breaks internet February 11, 2020 10:44AM
If it going to be a combined class there needs to be rules overhaul and both backed to 540.

Re: Lustik breaks internet February 11, 2020 01:40PM
The rules do needs an overhaul combined or not .Why bann the 903S thats funny All the tractors currently pulling needs band and then a overhaul when it takes half the tractors in the United States not to show up in that class at the same place to put on a good show its pathetic .Its a good thing they drive from Nebraska .NeW York Ky Texas and who knows were else to make a 15 tractor class its really something to be proud of guys .I could have put some chocolate icing on this instead just the facts its becoming just a DUD

Re: Lustik breaks internet February 12, 2020 01:20AM
I think "Broke the Internet" is a little bit of an exaggeration.

Re: Lustik breaks internet February 12, 2020 04:38AM
So, how does everyone think Louisville is going to play out?? For some reason I like the alkies on the short track. I am going with GALOT II

Re: Lustik breaks internet February 12, 2020 05:30AM
Rudd_weatherwax
I think "Broke the Internet" is a little bit of an exaggeration.

Made you look didn't I? Spinning

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Lustik breaks internet February 12, 2020 10:09AM
That's what you call clickbait and it worked!

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,686, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,898.

Our newest member JD_8520